The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:20:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261205 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 04:40:39 AM »

Lets hope it stays that way so this pointless, trainwreck of a thread can get re-locked.  We don't need it.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »

Welp, I hope you guys had your fun. Certainly at my expense.

I don't know why I hung around here for as long as I did, but I won't be doing it anymore. I'm sick of being treated like I'm not worth anything. You people try to pass yourselves off as adults, well you're not. You're all children. So have fun beating down every child that wants to feel like they have a say in the world. Because you've now succeeded at least once.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »

I don't know why I hung around here for as long as I did, but I won't be doing it anymore. I'm sick of being treated like I'm not worth anything. You people try to pass yourselves off as adults, well you're not. You're all children. So have fun beating down every child that wants to feel like they have a say in the world. Because you've now succeeded at least once.

Just ignore them, Carl. They are not worth of you leaving this forum.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

I would suggest perhaps you view it as an opportunity to work on your debating skills, and diplomatic skills, so that when you get into the mash pit, the other guy gets the worst of it, while you remain pleasant and death pointless, even as the other guy writhes in agony. In other words, get at once a thicker skin, and a nice little velvet glove to put on your fist. Just a thought. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

I wasn't trying to be a hack... just make an observation.

I think Torie said it best.  Don't leave, Jake.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

While your premise is correct, it's not worth leaving over.  Ignore the idiots, learn from the smart ones (believe it or not, there are smart ones on "that" side, they just believe in stupid things Wink ).
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

I find the thought of teenaged or young adult women who, because of a mistake or an episode of poor judgment, are forced to cut short their dreams and goals to raise a child that will always be on at least some level unwanted much more upsetting than the thought of my parents hypothetically aborting me.

As a person who was likely an accident, I can say that it sucks.  Particularly when it's two random people who hate eachother who are forced by their silly morals to stay with eachother.

I see fewer unwanted kids as a good thing.  But even then we'll have the problem of insanely idiotic 14 year old girls who want to keep their fetus.
this post was just disturbing.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »

I find the thought of teenaged or young adult women who, because of a mistake or an episode of poor judgment, are forced to cut short their dreams and goals to raise a child that will always be on at least some level unwanted much more upsetting than the thought of my parents hypothetically aborting me.

As a person who was likely an accident, I can say that it sucks.  Particularly when it's two random people who hate eachother who are forced by their silly morals to stay with eachother.

I see fewer unwanted kids as a good thing.  But even then we'll have the problem of insanely idiotic 14 year old girls who want to keep their fetus.

What, because you can't wrap your head around the idea of someone placing more value on a nearly adult human being's potential than a fetus? The 14 year old girls who get pregnant aren't idiots because they decided to abort or not abort; they just tend to be idiots in general.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2012, 02:36:55 PM »

What, because you can't wrap your head around the idea of someone placing more value on a nearly adult human being's potential than a fetus? The 14 year old girls who get pregnant aren't idiots because they decided to abort or not abort; they just tend to be idiots in general.

no the first half was bad enough (like cry for help bad), calling everyone that might be traumatized about terminating something that might call them mom an idiot especially if they're mixed up kids just made it worse.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »

no the first half was bad enough (like cry for help bad), calling everyone that might be traumatized about terminating something that might call them mom an idiot especially if they're mixed up kids just made it worse.

Oh yeah that was indeed weird.

I'm just saying that based off of my first hand experienced all girls at my school who have gotten pregnant, whether they aborted or didn't abort, have been morons. Either way they weren't going to go anywhere. The ones who decided to keep the kid were evangelical or catholic, the ones who didn't were fairly non-religious. I honestly don't see the contemplation behind both choices being very in-depth or rational tbh.

I think I might be a misanthrope some days.

edit: I'm done, sorry thread creators and mods. Delete my posts if you want.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

Mint, get the fuçk out of this thread.

Thanks.

Mint already contributed to killing one deluge thread. What else did you expect?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

Thanks.

Why only Mint and not all the others who did not strictly follow the holy rules of this thread (= made a post that did not mock someone else's alleged stupidity)?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »

Thanks.

Why only Mint and not all the others who did not strictly follow the holy rules of this thread (= made a post that did not mock someone else's alleged stupidity)?

BRTD and Scott should stop spamming the thread as well, but Mint is the only one who has displayed sheer contempt for the basic rules of this thread and utter obstination in his trolling.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »

Lief's post was obviously idiotic.

Those that are stupid enough to view pregnancy as just a tiny "mistake" are clearly the great thinkers! How dare that "thing"/fetus cut their dreams short!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »

1. I hope you stay.  I'd encourage you to ignore stupid threads like these.
2. This is the very reason I locked the first thread - it does nothing but lead to hackishness and harm hte community harmony.  Clearly I was overruled in my "Will of Dave" interpretation, but I think many agree with my principle in locking it - the thread sucks and doesn't serve a meaningful net-beneficial purpose.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 05:01:32 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

As a person who was likely an accident, I can say that it sucks.  Particularly when it's two random people who hate eachother who are forced by their silly morals to stay with eachother.

I see fewer unwanted kids as a good thing.  But even then we'll have the problem of insanely idiotic 14 year old girls who want to keep their fetus.

I'm just saying that based off of my first hand experienced all girls at my school who have gotten pregnant, whether they aborted or didn't abort, have been morons. Either way they weren't going to go anywhere. The ones who decided to keep the kid were evangelical or catholic, the ones who didn't were fairly non-religious. I honestly don't see the contemplation behind both choices being very in-depth or rational tbh.

I have no desire to police this whole thread, and if I did, it'd probably just lead to more death points.

There's really 4 options:
1. Make your own rules and use the honor system to not be a hack / engage in stupid debate in this thread.
2. Make your own rules and have me enforce them but not have rule-breakers punished via points, which gives no incentive for posters to abide by the rules and causes a headache for me.
3. Make your own rules and have me enforce them with points, which will cause outcry from the anti-mod crowd.
4. I lock the thread.

I'm not going to do 4, and I'm not going to do 2.  I really don't want to do 3, but 1 really isn't working.  So, figure this out amongst yourselves for now, and if you want to chagne how this disaster of a thread works, let me know.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »

If you want to debate, then take it to the thread where the quote originated.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »

Or you could stop being a whiny emotional wimp and look at this place as a learning experience for yourself. To accuse the Community of disliking you after many of us fought the Mods to see that you were unbanned is reactive. You should sort out these problems instead of projecting them onto the forum. Best of luck.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »

As a person who was likely an accident, I can say that it sucks.  Particularly when it's two random people who hate eachother who are forced by their silly morals to stay with eachother.

I see fewer unwanted kids as a good thing.  But even then we'll have the problem of insanely idiotic 14 year old girls who want to keep their fetus.

I have no desire to police this whole thread, and if I did, it'd probably just lead to more death points.

There's really 4 options:
1. Make your own rules and use the honor system to not be a hack / engage in stupid debate in this thread.
2. Make your own rules and have me enforce them but not have rule-breakers punished via points, which gives no incentive for posters to abide by the rules and causes a headache for me.
3. Make your own rules and have me enforce them with points, which will cause outcry from the anti-mod crowd.
4. I lock the thread.

I'm not going to do 4, and I'm not going to do 2.  I really don't want to do 3, but 1 really isn't working.  So, figure this out amongst yourselves for now, and if you want to chagne how this disaster of a thread works, let me know.

If you won't do 4, I'd be willing to take the heat this time.

So, yeah.  Either you guys learn how to play well with others, or the thread goes bye-bye.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 04:07:55 AM »

1. I hope you stay.  I'd encourage you to ignore stupid threads like these.
2. This is the very reason I locked the first thread - it does nothing but lead to hackishness and harm hte community harmony.  Clearly I was overruled in my "Will of Dave" interpretation, but I think many agree with my principle in locking it - the thread sucks and doesn't serve a meaningful net-beneficial purpose.

This is wrong.

This thread has a perfectly legitimate purpose. Some posters are making an improper use of it, period.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »

If you want to debate, then take it to the thread where the quote originated.

Even better...do everything in the thread where it originated. Since that's what the threads are for, you know? This is why I find this thread useless. If you want to call out a poster on being stupid, do it in the thread and give them a chance to defend themselves. Posting here is cowardly .
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »

Ideally this thread would be for the posts that are completely indefensible or undeniably ignorant, and there would be no need (or want) of a defense.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

One man's "completely indefensible or undeniably ignorant" is another's obvious common sense.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »

One man's "completely indefensible or undeniably ignorant" is another's obvious common sense.

Generally, no.  If it's not understood and accepted by virtually all rational people, it really isn't common sense.  Common sense is simply the thought processes and judgment that most all members of society have, othe than those who are irrational thinkers or lack basic experience from which to develop those thought processes and judgment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies