Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 04:22:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC, Badger)
| | |-+  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 90943 times)
後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:27 pm »
Ignore

There is absolutely nothing that can be used to predict when we will have another non-white president.  It is an ignorant statement.

There are often barriers for African-Americans seeking statewide office (for a variety of reasons that aren't particularly relevant right now). Which is why we have no African-American senators. VRA districts and all. Remember, Barack Obama's stint into a VRA district ended in disaster.

There are very few, if at all any, black politicians as of right now who could make even a plausibly successful run for President. Simple as that. And even if there are (I'm looking at you Cory Booker), they're only one of many many plausible candidates. So unless being black makes you 50x more likely to win a primary election, it is exceedingly unlikely that we will have another non-white President in the next few years.

It is exceedingly improbable for the next president, or the president after that

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:35 pm »
Ignore

http://
Really irrelevant. There is no such thing as a non-capitalistic democracy.

I know people will claim this has been taken out of context, but the idea is so ridiculous there is no excuse.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:39:17 am by wolfentoad66 »Logged

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: October 11, 2012, 12:01:48 am »
Ignore

There is absolutely nothing that can be used to predict when we will have another non-white president.  It is an ignorant statement.

There are often barriers for African-Americans seeking statewide office (for a variety of reasons that aren't particularly relevant right now). Which is why we have no African-American senators. VRA districts and all. Remember, Barack Obama's stint into a VRA district ended in disaster.

There are very few, if at all any, black politicians as of right now who could make even a plausibly successful run for President. Simple as that. And even if there are (I'm looking at you Cory Booker), they're only one of many many plausible candidates. So unless being black makes you 50x more likely to win a primary election, it is exceedingly unlikely that we will have another non-white President in the next few years.

It is exceedingly improbable for the next president, or the president after that

No it isn't.  Demographics have been changing for decades now and just because there aren't any African-American senators doesn't mean there won't be in two or four years.  Yes, we have Cory Booker.  We have Deval Patrick, as well.  Republicans have Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal.  No one can predict exactly how many white presidents there will be in the future just as no one could have predicted the election of an African-American president ten years ago.

It is an ignorant and baseless statement.  I can't believe I'm actually having an argument about this.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:31 am »
Ignore

No it isn't.  Demographics have been changing for decades now and just because there aren't any African-American senators doesn't mean there won't be in two or four years.  Yes, we have Cory Booker.  We have Deval Patrick, as well.  Republicans have Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal.  No one can predict exactly how many white presidents there will be in the future just as no one could have predicted the election of an African-American president ten years ago.

It is an ignorant and baseless statement.  I can't believe I'm actually having an argument about this.

Also, as you've touched on, there are non-whites who aren't black. There are more Hispanics and South Asians representing non-overwhelmingly-Hispanic/South Asian constituencies than one might think.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:48 am »
Ignore

Don't you mean "erases Barack's lead"? Your headline makes it sound like Romney's winning in a landslide. Tongue

I think most people would understand that to "erase a lead" implies pulling even, not a landslide.

Which is exactly why he said it should say "erases Barack's lead" instead of what Naso actually posted that is "erases Barack". I guess reading comprehension isn't something tested for MENSA membership.

I guess you do need to be in Mensa to understand that virtually no one says "erase" to mean "destroy" or "wins in a landslide."  

Naso, for BRTD's sake, use tiny words.

You still haven't figured it out.

I have.  You don't.
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 11, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
Ignore

Also, as you've touched on, there are non-whites who aren't black. There are more Hispanics and South Asians representing non-overwhelmingly-Hispanic/South Asian constituencies than one might think.

It's Winfield... the only real debate to be had is whether we should refrain from adding his posts to the deluge and instead assume that they all belong here.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:13 pm »
Ignore

wat

If President Obama doesn't turn things around in the second (townhall) debate, then yes he would likely be finished.  We would all be talking about the last great triumph of White America with the election of Mitt Romney -this being the last election in U.S. history in which a presidential candidate can be elected to the Presidency primarily on the backs of white voters.    

I agree, the next President will be Black or Hispanic.  There will be no more white presidents in my lifetime.  The Hispanic growth is just too strong to ignore.  There is a small number of illegal hispanics, but when Obama wins his second term, he will hopefully legalize or give green cards to Hispanic illegals.  The next president would likely be fluent in Spanish.  In addition, I hope the next president is a Roman Catholic, because for too long the white americans have branded good Catholics Like Ted Kennedy as extremists.  This election is about respect.  Brown skinned Americans will finally get the respect they deserve.

後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »
Ignore

Sarcasm. Etc.

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 12, 2012, 03:47:27 pm »

The fact that Ryan only won a +4 plurality in a R+2 sample (and not to get into crosstabs too much here) means he is a big loser.

You apparently can't do math. If you readjusted to D+3 it would be a tie. Tie doesn't equal loser.

Apparently Wonkish can't do math either.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
Ignore

Joe Biden is no Catholic.  You cannot spend 40 years supporting abortion in public office and be Catholic, period.

Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »
Ignore

The fact that Ryan only won a +4 plurality in a R+2 sample (and not to get into crosstabs too much here) means he is a big loser.

You apparently can't do math. If you readjusted to D+3 it would be a tie. Tie doesn't equal loser.

Apparently Wonkish can't do math either.

Anybody that read that knew what I meant. That after the adjustment it's essentially a tied poll. Don't read more into things than are there for only the purpose of trying to hit at me. Especially considering how much stuff you've written that could fill this thread(a lot easier for me to do to you than you to me).

Also since there is likely crossover(Dem's finding Ryan winner and GOP finding Biden winner) the net affect of the shift would actually be less than 5 which means if you really wanted to be a stickler my math is probably very accurate(even in some weird universe where you can somehow predict what the exact sample should have looked like given the polls exact methodology).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:21:54 pm by Wonkish1 »Logged
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:16 am »
Ignore

Some of you guys live in solid democrat counties.  At least in a competitive districts, they mean something.

Believe it or not, a vote cast in a solidly Democratic county has the same weight as one cast in a swing county. Who knew!
I mean, if you're a Republican voting in a solid Democrat county, what's the point of voting? Might as well live somewhere else.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
Ignore

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in forum history.

He also would have the least number or least diverse combination of 'American Nations' in the Modern Era.

Dems look to win Yankeedom and (Yankeedom's off spring) the Left coast.  1 state of El Norte (New Mexico).   So, That's 1of9 nations or 2of10 depending on how you look at it. 

Lіef
Lief
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 16, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »
Ignore

It's certainly the dumbest map posted in this forum's history.

RIP opebo
RIP the jfmtsc
RIP joshgreen
RIP King

Don't get me wrong, I love variety, and get a kick out of all these odors.
a combination of tumblr leftism and moshing
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »
Ignore

It's certainly the dumbest map posted in this forum's history.

Whether whoever made it is more ignorant of Canada or the US is very hard to pin down. North Dakota is downright hilarious too.

Famous True Leftists:

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 18, 2012, 12:44:23 am »
Ignore

Mister Twister telling someone to stop trolling is absurd in itself, but context is ABSOLUTELY needed here.

Stop trolling.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:27 am »
Ignore

Mister Twister telling someone to stop trolling is absurd in itself, but context is ABSOLUTELY needed here.

Stop trolling.

That may be the greatest post to ever come out of the 2012 boards, for its sheer comedy value alone.

a combination of tumblr leftism and moshing
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:54 am »
Ignore

OK it doesn't top the previous entry, but still needs to be mentioned:

Good to see Heller will break the vicious gerrymander

...in reference to a Senate race.

Famous True Leftists:

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:56 am »
Ignore

Pretty sure he was making fun of krazen.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »
Ignore

Have you not noticed those public sector union lords collecting massive dues and encouraging their overpaid minions to vote for Democrats?

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 18, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
Ignore

From a poll regarding Three Days Grace, a less-than-good but better-than-okay band that reached their pinnacle in like 2006 and hasn't done anything half as good since:

They're perhaps the greatest band to come out of Canada. You're opinion?

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »
Ignore

From a poll regarding Three Days Grace, a less-than-good but better-than-okay band that reached their pinnacle in like 2006 and hasn't done anything half as good since:

They're perhaps the greatest band to come out of Canada. You're opinion?

Of course this is wrong, but to be fair, most really seminal musicians from Canada do seem to be primarily solo artists (then again, there might be some bands that I'm not aware are from Canada).

ETA: If we're using a one-drop rule then CSNY was Canadian.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:19:31 pm by Nathan »Logged

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »
Ignore

The race feels like 2004, but the election turnout on election night will be 1980.

MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 18, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »
Ignore

The race feels like 2004, but the election turnout on election night will be 1980.
How is that a bad post?  What if the result happens?

Paul/Cruz 2016!
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »
Ignore

Pretty sure he was making fun of krazen.
Yeah, context doesn't make that so stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout