The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260922 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: October 07, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »

I put Politico permanently on ignore about a week ago and have resisted the urge to click 'show,' but that's rich.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #676 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:17 AM »

Some post I can't find that says Obama killed Trayvon Martin.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #677 on: October 08, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »

"Subprime mortgages would have never existed if not for Carter's meddling." What the....

Actually that's not even the most absurd thing in that post...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #678 on: October 08, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

"Subprime mortgages would have never existed if not for Carter's meddling." What the....

What earned it its place here was the Lennon angle. Although the way it builds up to that is... a work of art, really.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #679 on: October 08, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »

Context.

Gotta love it when the hacks flat out expose themselves.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #680 on: October 08, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »

What earned it its place here was the Lennon angle. Although the way it builds up to that is... a work of art, really.

Yes in some ways I find Politico our most intriguing poster.  He seems so consistent and then suddenly, at times, really strange things surface.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #681 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

There are a lot of Black youths in Virginia.  They are probably blaming the Bloods and the Crips, LOL.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2012, 01:16:39 AM »

Months and months ago I said that if Romney won the election, I would be happy to step down as a Moderator and give my post to Winfield if he wanted it.  I stand by that, though I'm starting to regret not saying Politico.

(The logic being that if America has to have a Romney Administration, Atlas should have to endure it too)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #683 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

I actually think is a good thing. Americans generally have no idea how public policy can affects the lives of people, themselves included. At least this way, they get a pretty good lesson of why politics matters. Voting should never merely be an issue of conscience, like how American culture tries to paint it as.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #684 on: October 10, 2012, 05:40:20 PM »

This entire thread, especially the fact that this is even considered news to begin with: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=161197.0
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #685 on: October 10, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »

This entire thread, especially the fact that this is even considered news to begin with: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=161197.0

This entire thread, especially the fact that this is even considered news to begin with:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=68.0
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #686 on: October 10, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »

Well, unless you're about 90 years old now, there will be plenty of white Presidents in your lifetime.  In fact, I believe Obama will be the only non white President for some time to come.

Just sayin'.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »

Well, unless you're about 90 years old now, there will be plenty of white Presidents in your lifetime.  In fact, I believe Obama will be the only non white President for some time to come.

Just sayin'.

I don't see why that's a ridiculous prediction. Black candidates who are elected to non-black/VRA districts are rare. Which is part of what made Barack Obama so unique. Unless you're interpreting "some time" to mean a century.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »

Just sayin'.

I don't see why that's a ridiculous prediction. Black candidates who are elected to non-black/VRA districts are rare. Which is part of what made Barack Obama so unique. Unless you're interpreting "some time" to mean a century.

There is absolutely nothing that can be used to predict when we will have another non-white president.  It is an ignorant statement.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »

There is absolutely nothing that can be used to predict when we will have another non-white president.  It is an ignorant statement.

There are often barriers for African-Americans seeking statewide office (for a variety of reasons that aren't particularly relevant right now). Which is why we have no African-American senators. VRA districts and all. Remember, Barack Obama's stint into a VRA district ended in disaster.

There are very few, if at all any, black politicians as of right now who could make even a plausibly successful run for President. Simple as that. And even if there are (I'm looking at you Cory Booker), they're only one of many many plausible candidates. So unless being black makes you 50x more likely to win a primary election, it is exceedingly unlikely that we will have another non-white President in the next few years.

It is exceedingly improbable for the next president, or the president after that
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »

There are often barriers for African-Americans seeking statewide office (for a variety of reasons that aren't particularly relevant right now). Which is why we have no African-American senators. VRA districts and all. Remember, Barack Obama's stint into a VRA district ended in disaster.

There are very few, if at all any, black politicians as of right now who could make even a plausibly successful run for President. Simple as that. And even if there are (I'm looking at you Cory Booker), they're only one of many many plausible candidates. So unless being black makes you 50x more likely to win a primary election, it is exceedingly unlikely that we will have another non-white President in the next few years.

It is exceedingly improbable for the next president, or the president after that

No it isn't.  Demographics have been changing for decades now and just because there aren't any African-American senators doesn't mean there won't be in two or four years.  Yes, we have Cory Booker.  We have Deval Patrick, as well.  Republicans have Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal.  No one can predict exactly how many white presidents there will be in the future just as no one could have predicted the election of an African-American president ten years ago.

It is an ignorant and baseless statement.  I can't believe I'm actually having an argument about this.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:31 AM »

No it isn't.  Demographics have been changing for decades now and just because there aren't any African-American senators doesn't mean there won't be in two or four years.  Yes, we have Cory Booker.  We have Deval Patrick, as well.  Republicans have Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal.  No one can predict exactly how many white presidents there will be in the future just as no one could have predicted the election of an African-American president ten years ago.

It is an ignorant and baseless statement.  I can't believe I'm actually having an argument about this.

Also, as you've touched on, there are non-whites who aren't black. There are more Hispanics and South Asians representing non-overwhelmingly-Hispanic/South Asian constituencies than one might think.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »

Don't you mean "erases Barack's lead"? Your headline makes it sound like Romney's winning in a landslide. Tongue

I think most people would understand that to "erase a lead" implies pulling even, not a landslide.

Which is exactly why he said it should say "erases Barack's lead" instead of what Naso actually posted that is "erases Barack". I guess reading comprehension isn't something tested for MENSA membership.

I guess you do need to be in Mensa to understand that virtually no one says "erase" to mean "destroy" or "wins in a landslide."  

Naso, for BRTD's sake, use tiny words.

You still haven't figured it out.

I have.  You don't.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »

wat

If President Obama doesn't turn things around in the second (townhall) debate, then yes he would likely be finished.  We would all be talking about the last great triumph of White America with the election of Mitt Romney -this being the last election in U.S. history in which a presidential candidate can be elected to the Presidency primarily on the backs of white voters.    

I agree, the next President will be Black or Hispanic.  There will be no more white presidents in my lifetime.  The Hispanic growth is just too strong to ignore.  There is a small number of illegal hispanics, but when Obama wins his second term, he will hopefully legalize or give green cards to Hispanic illegals.  The next president would likely be fluent in Spanish.  In addition, I hope the next president is a Roman Catholic, because for too long the white americans have branded good Catholics Like Ted Kennedy as extremists.  This election is about respect.  Brown skinned Americans will finally get the respect they deserve.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »

Sarcasm. Etc.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #695 on: October 12, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »

The fact that Ryan only won a +4 plurality in a R+2 sample (and not to get into crosstabs too much here) means he is a big loser.

You apparently can't do math. If you readjusted to D+3 it would be a tie. Tie doesn't equal loser.

Apparently Wonkish can't do math either.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #696 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »

Joe Biden is no Catholic.  You cannot spend 40 years supporting abortion in public office and be Catholic, period.
Wonkish1

« Reply #697 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2012, 05:21:54 PM by Wonkish1 »

The fact that Ryan only won a +4 plurality in a R+2 sample (and not to get into crosstabs too much here) means he is a big loser.

You apparently can't do math. If you readjusted to D+3 it would be a tie. Tie doesn't equal loser.

Apparently Wonkish can't do math either.

Anybody that read that knew what I meant. That after the adjustment it's essentially a tied poll. Don't read more into things than are there for only the purpose of trying to hit at me. Especially considering how much stuff you've written that could fill this thread(a lot easier for me to do to you than you to me).

Also since there is likely crossover(Dem's finding Ryan winner and GOP finding Biden winner) the net affect of the shift would actually be less than 5 which means if you really wanted to be a stickler my math is probably very accurate(even in some weird universe where you can somehow predict what the exact sample should have looked like given the polls exact methodology).
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #698 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:16 AM »

Some of you guys live in solid democrat counties.  At least in a competitive districts, they mean something.

Believe it or not, a vote cast in a solidly Democratic county has the same weight as one cast in a swing county. Who knew!
I mean, if you're a Republican voting in a solid Democrat county, what's the point of voting? Might as well live somewhere else.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #699 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in forum history.

He also would have the least number or least diverse combination of 'American Nations' in the Modern Era.

Dems look to win Yankeedom and (Yankeedom's off spring) the Left coast.  1 state of El Norte (New Mexico).   So, That's 1of9 nations or 2of10 depending on how you look at it. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies