The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:43:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261849 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: June 28, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Scott- you're better then this my friend. You and I both believe in evolution, but we can also be frank and admit it is a theory- a well supported one, sure- but a theory.
Atomic theory is just that, a theory. Should we nix the neutrons too?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »

I actually think Nickelback is pretty good
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »

This is depressing because there's nothing human made and existing.... let's say food diversity... no... I can't think of anything substantive.
We've invented nearly everything in the past 150 years.
Care to refute the point?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »

Conservatives have always been in favor of racial equality.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

Without the illegal vote to Obama, Romney would be president elect in January. Democrats depend on the illegals so they can stay in power for more handouts to the poor.  I prove my point.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »

No, religion is not going away.  It is a fact, not a theory, but a fa
ct that cannot be changed that God will come back to the earth someday soon and set the record straight and dispel the scientific "facts" that don't line up with the Bible.  The Bible does not need to line up with Science, rather Science needs to line up with the Bible.
Looks like we have a winner. Time to close the thread.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

My patience is exhausted. Unless Obama makes an offer that is serious (the Pubs at least made a serious offer...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

For starters $95k/year is quite far from the average US yhousehold income.
That is one problem. Also a doctor is average? But only earns 50k? Wtf? I suspect she's actually a nurse. In any case, by far, the most absurd aspect is the idea that a population can be averaged. Even if you had a person who had average stats on a number of fields, that consistency would be highly atypical. We live in a profoundly diverse nation. And that's even presuming that we're limiting our population to the US, which is yet another absurdity.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

Racism, like most isms, is not binary. Nixon's objective was to walk the tightrope between Humphrey's strong and longstanding record on Civil Rights and Wallace. Nixon positioned himself as a happy medium. His racism was just right Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 01:36:32 AM »

Call Me Maybe is one of the greatest pieces of music ever produced.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »

Uh, this is factually correct. Richard Nixon supported legal abortion in cases of rape or miscenegation.
There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white. Or a rape.
That statement hardly earns him the label "pro-choice." Instead, he's making a point similar to the position of most "pro lifers." It's only acceptable under extreme circumstances. That Nixon and today's pro-lifers disagree on what constitutes an extreme circumstance matters very little as to whether or not how you could anachronistically label him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »

I went through the 'bisexual' phase but I'm through with that. I am straight.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

Ever since Lawrence v. Texas. everyone throughout the United States has had the right to be in a same-sex marriage. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

You're really not making things any better for yourself. The right to have sex with somebody in private is obviously not the same thing as the right to marry somebody. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »

You're really not making things any better for yourself. The right to have sex with somebody in private is obviously not the same thing as the right to marry somebody. 

Even married couples get in trouble with the law if they have sex in public, but that's not what you're talking about here. What we're discussing is whether being married requires a government.  You think people can't be married without government involvement and I think it doesn't require a government. It's as simple as that.
I think government is required for a civil mariage, yes. Civil marriage is what that entire thread was about. If you want to suggest every sex act in the entire country is a government-free "marriage," that's your folly.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

Bushie, on why he thinks Republicans are less likely to be child molesters:
Well, Republican states tend to be more religious than Democratic states, though that's debatable, and small towns in deep red states are usually even more conservative and religious than the big cities, so you wouldn't automatically suspect a deep red, small town citizen to be a predator.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »

Double deluge
Dumping on Shakespeare should not be protected by the First Amendment. I consider that akin to treason - worse because it disrespects the English language (which he more than anyone else in its modern form gave birth to), rather than a mere political entity.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »

Double deluge
Dumping on Shakespeare should not be protected by the First Amendment. I consider that akin to treason - worse because it disrespects the English language (which he more than anyone else in its modern form gave birth to), rather than a mere political entity.

You're one to talk. Your opinions on English verse lack all merit. In fact, I'd argue that it's very unlikely that they'll ever gain merit, since they appear to be based on an ear for poetic form so bad that I wasn't actually aware that it was possible before this afternoon.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »

Those teeming masses tended to be the cream of the crop of those masses in the places from which they came.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »

All ad hominems. Zero rebuttal. I'm ever so surprised Roll Eyes
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »

All ad hominems. Zero rebuttal. I'm ever so surprised Roll Eyes

Ad hominems are the rebuttal, since the way your awful personal character shines through bright as any diamond is what's absurd, ignorant, and bad about your posts.
You have nothing to stand on except a personal dislike for me? Ok, whatever makes you feel better about yourself and your ideas. I won't be losing any sleep over it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »

I'm actually fairly popular with women who don't have penises. They're a much friendlier and relaxed bunch than the ones that do. Most of them don't needlessly view their lives through the constant prism of oppression.

Jesus Christ. I doubt what the guy says about his popularity among women.
Would you care for some photographic evidence? Not claiming to be Master of the Universe with the ladies, but girls (without penises) can be pretty fun. They're all individuals of course, but, as I said far frindlier than the ones with penises.

Oh Noez, having a beer with this one. I must be a sexual predator.

Note, this one can and will drink you under the table. She's getting married in a few months. Lucky guy.

She's English. Not a common thing for a girl in Memphis. Also has a million brothers and sisters.

Girl on left is crazy talented artist. Jewelry, drawing, etching, you name it. Also big into heavy metal. One on right is lawyer and runs marathons. Wish I had half her drive in life.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »

I've always felt uncomfortable about forum members posting photos of non-member friends.
Why? These pics are not of anything illegal or embarassing and are all on facebook anyway. They're not internet virgins.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 04:06:06 PM by memphis »

So by that logic, this picture proves that Mitt Romney does not hate Obama

1. I do not know that Romney does in fact hate Obama. That word has a very specific and intense meaning that you may want to look into. I can assure you that I do not hate any of the women in the photos. They are some of my closest friends.
2. I can also assure you that none of the pics I posted were phony theatrics created by the coersions of politics. Do you think any of these young ladies was trying to impress the public by having their picture taken with me while pretending to have a good time? I assure you I am not that popular. Instead, they were spontaneous celebrations of youthful vibrancy, something I think many posters could use a little more of. The first and fourth were at house parties, much to Naso's horror, I'm sure. The second and third were at bars.
3. And for the map geeks, the first one was taken in a strongly Republican precinct, while the final three are all in Democratic strongholds, though one could probably surmise as much by the ambiance.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »

I've always felt uncomfortable about forum members posting photos of non-member friends.
Why? These pics are not of anything illegal or embarassing and are all on facebook anyway. They're not internet virgins.
Facebook =/= all of this forum.

Most people expect that their Facebook photos will stay within their circle. (Of course the photos  don't stay there, but should you really spread them around?)

Yea pretty much. When I put photos on facebook I certainly don't expect them to end up on an internet forum unless I put them there.
Well, please let me welcome you to reality. What goes on facebook does not stay on facebook. Don't like it? Don't go on facebook.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies