The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261486 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 22, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2012, 04:05:59 PM by AWallTEP81 »

Registered Democrat 96% 3% 1% 235
Registered Undeclared 80% 11% 9% 295
Registered Republican 90% 4% 6% 207

Lol, junk. This poll does not reflect the war on whites.

krazen, in which universe are Democrats waging a "war on whites?" Think carefully; the answer is not 'reality' or 'this one.'

To quote you liberals and use your logic:

The universe in which a half dozen national pollsters have whites voting Republican by 20 points.

Obviously then, this poll is absurd due to a heavy mispolling of whites. Republicans have a large edge in voter registration in New Hampshire.

wow  

(this is in reference to a poll of NH)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »

Obama, is the president, so he's doing what he's supposed to do, what's he doing so far, I guess is making sure things run smoothly; but folks are gonna start bitching when they don't have there power back in 2-3 days, then they will become the epitomes of grouches, and Obama because he's the incumbent get's in the neck, which is okay with this contributor: the best from Obama's point of view, it's a wash, the worst, he start's to hemorrhage in the polls, because let's face it, he's a hopeless case.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

Aw! I was right, Michigan is a case in point, Obama is facing a meltdown and he's trying to staunch the bleeding, the toss-up state pool is expanding, what does that suggest? Obama in trouble, yeah big time! especially if he's trying to hold one of his base state's - now is that news or what?; when was Michigan and Romney mentioned in the same sentence? Oh yeah when he won the primary; but whatever spin Obama or his campaign put's on this latest development, it underline's an overriding narrative, Obama is on defense, trying to hold his base together, not a good place to be I might add: Oh yeah, Romney wins both Florida and Michigan on November 6th. You heard it here first!
I was going to bold the bad parts, but I realized all that would accomplish is just one bolded paragraph.

So then, the 7% undecideds are Obama's as well? Yeah right! There is one factor you have forgotten, undecideds as a rule break for the challenger, so by your calculation 48% for Obama and if this rule applies, Romney pulls in 52% on Election day.

Is this guy new?  because he's on a roll!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »

In response to a story being reported by an Arab news outlet

Yes Obama is losing, if he's pulling this card, quick where's that cute pic of the grasping at straws thing....

Here ya go, Cliffy, you've earned this

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »

Native Americans have been made dependent on government as the result of liberal Democrat welfare state policies.

(Materiel as in the other two sentences of the post above is also getting quoted into this thread all the time, but does not really belong here. This sentence does.)

Where does he get this stuff?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

I wonder what laPierre and krazy's base would think about the tax increases nescessary to put armed guards in every elementary school.

Hmm? There wouldn't have to be any tax increases. Just fire some teachers.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2013, 01:12:23 PM by Northeast Representative HockeyDude »

clicks for ze contexts

Toss-up.  New Jersey has some awesome rock musicians (Frankie Valli, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, etc.), but they also voted for McClellan in 1864 Sad.  Connecticut also gave us Lowell Weicker, Prescott Bush and Joe Lieberman.  Still, New Jersey's got some good things going for it.  Still toss-up.

lol Oldiesfreak. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »

I have no idea but it's going in my sig
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

Well, campaigning on welfare is basically how the GOP played its southern strategy and stoked racist fears. Welfare and race are inherently intertwined in people's minds. That's why.
The Southern Strategy was not meant to stoke racist fears through code words or otherwise.  According to Pat Buchanan, the architect of the Southern strategy, it was an attempt to convince Southern moderates who were pro-civil rights to vote Republican as a protest against the racists and segregationists in the Democratic Party:
 http://www.wnd.com/2002/12/16477/

A few Republicans like Ed Gurney and Jesse Helms may have pandered to racists, but the vast majority did not.  Furthermore, it would have made no sense for Nixon to do that in the '68 campaign because of Wallace's independent candidacy.  As Theodore White wrote in his 1968 campaign edition of The Making of the President, Nixon automatically conceded racist voters to George Wallace (p. 424, quoted in Wrong on Race: The Democratic Party's Buried Past).  But anyway, back to the main point: I think the reason that Democrats use the race card so effectively is because they have done such a good job of hiding their party's shameful, 150+ year history or racism (including support for slavery, lynching, Jim Crow laws, the Ku Klux Klan, and segregation) from the public and smear Republicans, the party that was founded to end slavery and fight for greater freedom and equality for all races (especially blacks) as racist using phony evidence of racism in the Southern strategy (including an oft-cited but never verified quote from Lee Atwater) and claiming that the segregationist Dems all became Republicans (when, in fact, the only high-profile segregationist to do so was Strom Thurmond.)  Simply put, they know that charges of racism and race-baiting are taken very seriously by the public and that they can get away with it.

An "I (heart) Ann Coulter" T-shirt and (you guessed it) my Levi's 501s, which I haven't taken off since my last post in this thread.

I know I'm picking on him a bit today... but just the fact that he made both these statements is too good to be true. 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »

I'll say AynRandLand for another reason.  After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.  Societies in which religion is powerful breed this type of thought.

...what?

It's absurd to think my belief system will save humanity?  You do the exact same!

no matter. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies