The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:35:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261326 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: May 15, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »

Henry Kissinger is quite arguably the best Secretary of State America has ever had, certainly the best during the Cold War. Future Secretaries should try to mimic him.

I don't agree, certainly, but that qualifies as neither absurdity, ignorance, nor bad posting.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »

...Judging by what a complete boy scout Walker is, ...

I want whatever he's on. Shocked
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:14:53 AM »

BRTD doubles down on his criticism of a kindergarten TV show as "repetitive" and "for idiots" with his championing of a show marketed at preteen girls:

Can we get this out once and for all? Why the Hell are people watching "My Little Pony", ironically or not? What the Hell has happened to this world?

Maybe because it's a well-written and funny show with solid animation and production values and good well-developed characters? Kind of the polar opposite of South Park in fact...

Most people don't watch the show "ironically", and I suspect dead0man's daughter really just appreciates it for being as good as it is, but is too embarrassed to admit otherwise.
Note that literally everything in that post was true.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:08:58 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 06:10:30 AM by a Person »

Oh dear, you like to watch a TV show for little girls too?
See signature.

Seriously though,

Can we get this out once and for all? Why the Hell are people watching "My Little Pony", ironically or not? What the Hell has happened to this world?

Maybe because it's a well-written and funny show
This is true,
You must be logged in to read this quote.
this is true,
this is, if anything, an understatement,
this is true, although maybe for different reasons than BRTD thinks,
this is also true, and
this is unverifiable but certainly possible.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »

Which specific part of that did you disagree with? Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

Well that would be one gratifying result.
Yes, one of the world's largest economies contracting 10% and millions of people losing their jobs is gratifying to opebo.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »

However, almost every Republican who posts on this board is 100% sure that Obama is going to lose, ignoring the hard evidence for the idea that America will be so enraged by Obamacare that that will be their only issue.  And they might be right, but why are they so certain?

I'm a former Democrat (bluedog variety) and now a registered Independent.  I think the rationale for seeing Obama lose badly is really simple:

The results of the 2010 election.

What's changed since then?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »

At least 90% of this thread.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

This forum unfortunately has very few left-wing posters, especially compared to the multitude of out and out fascists mucking around.
Uh...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

I disagree, Kalwejt. The Update Thread is clearly hotter.

Doesn't really fit here, I know, but I don't know where else to put it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »

...and they continue to do it, time after time. Beyond self parody now.

...after himself being the one to bring up the topic the last at least two times. Roll Eyes
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 07:30:24 AM »

Romney.

Like Obama, he was groomed from an early age to run for high office.

He even could have written a book called Dreams From My Father.

McCain, the son and grandson of admirals, probably thought that, at best, he might rise high in the Navy.  He had no chance or idea for a political career until he became a Congressional liaison in his early-40s.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »

I realize that Obama's presence on the ticket made it more dem but even in 2004 it had a PVI of D+6.4.

The reason I'm asking this is because when it comes to race, the state is almost a perfect microcosm of the country, so why isn't it a microcosm politically? It was, for the most part, a swing state for most of the 20th century. It is around 63-64 percent white with the rest being mostly black or hispanic with some asians here and there.

It's called voter fraud in Chicago.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »

Simply because it has Bolton, it is a good list.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »

My take:

If Romney gets in:

- Economic thuggery will be restored.
- Majority of ObamaCare will be repealed.
- Working poverty will  become the norm again.
- The Keystone Pipeline will get the green light on day one -- and rushed, it will become an ecological disaster in the making.
- We will offshore even more jobs to China. This must be America's century -- but only for America's economic elites.
- Shift of taxes from economic elites to people who struggle for everything they get will be the signature legislation of the Romney Administration.
- The situation in Iran will be transformed into a horrific war.

----------------------------------------------------

If Obama gets back in we'll have a replay of the past four years, and more:

- Falling unemployment, especially for young adults (whose well-educated are not immune).
- A continuation of the tense situation in Iran until the Iranian thug leadership begs for mercy at terms largely at American choosing.
- Not falling behind the rest of the world in living standards and social justice.
- Shrinking deficits that are left for Obama's successor to finish off.
- Allowing oil in Alberta to flow to China rather than into the Oglalla aquifer.
- More people off welfare because of an economy growing sustainably.

Fixed.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 06:58:02 AM »

Fidesz (apart from their altering the constitution) look like Freedom Fighters
Yeah, this Rhodie person doesn't sound too good.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »

My brother is big-time Brony. The Brony Community, on the side, has other obsessions they usually incorporate into their fascinating fan community. (Thinksome of the Spiderman macros that include MLP) A big part of the community really loves the Portal franchise. Just look up "My Little Portal" on YouTube.

Watching a video of two bronies (well, a brony and a pegasister) playing Portal co-op mode peaked my interest in the game. It seems to be much more cerebral than most games of its class, and should be fun.

Do you all have any advice?

I do have some advice.  Don't admit the stuff you talked about in the preceding two paragraphs to the world at large.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Colorado is the next Oregon.

And I think Ohio is the next Michigan.

And for what it's worth, SJoyceFla, --
First of all, by far not as much of the general population is "anti-brony" as you or The Mikado would like to think. Besides that, it's an undeniable fact that the brony community produces crossovers with any variety of other things. Thirdly, and most importantly, how the [inks] is watching a video of two bronies playing Portal supposed to be something to be ashamed of? Even if you accept the baseless prejudice of MLP in general as being something to be ashamed of, a video of two bronies playing Portal is not going to be substantially different in any way from a video of two non-bronies playing Portal.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »

Context:
Aaah. Thought so. Obama is too conservative for you.

Thanks for playing. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »

I have not seen Ryan's speech yet. I fear I might have a cerebrovascular accident having to listen to all those lies.
Umm, Nobody and I repeat NOBODY has found a lie in Ryan's speech.  Some supposed "fact checkers" (magically coordinated with dnc talking points) asserted that a few things were misleading.  Those claims are/were incredibly weak and poorly made.  How you guys go from 'a few weak claims of "misleading" ' to "all those Lies" is entertaining.  I mean it's funny... kind of like a clown, it amuses me. 

Bwuh?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

Well, that depends on how polling stands on election day.
As of now, I certainly wouldn't call this "underperforming."

It certainly is with the current map:

The only issue being that's not the current map.

Well yes, I know that I'm being a little optimistic for the GOP, but the current polling certainly wouldn't exclude a map in this ballpark.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »

Within a few posts of each other:

It's way too early to say that. If the situation is like this on October 11, than it will be different.

Obama will probably have a 15-point lead by then, so yes it's too early to tell how big Obama's mandate will be.
...This looks like 1980, with Romney as Reagan.  Given the embassy news and how it perfectly highlights BOs failed foreign policy (which was flying under the radar until now) Romney will start pulling ahead shortly and stay there.     
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2012, 02:09:45 PM by a Person »

I figure SurveyUSA's polls are typically about 7 points off from the rest. Obama's doing about as well as he did last time.

I agree. But I just add a standard 5 points to Obama's margin in every SUSA poll, 7 in every Rassy poll, 2-4 in every PPP poll, and usually about 8-10 in all Republican internals.

and

The thread's been unlocked. I simply locked it because in the past, when a goldmine has to have a page of argumentative crap deleted from it, it's usually time for a new goldmine.

I don't really care if it's locked or not - I just did it following tradition.

I didn't even think people would care, not even Phil.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »

1) There is in fact no such tradition. The previous Deluge was locked by the OP, not by a moderator.

2) Thinking that nobody would care about the closing of an Atlas Forum institution is absurd.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »

These threads have been closed at least like 16 times.  Why is keeping the current thread open such a big deal?

What, did you forget the reaction the last time you tried to pull this bullinks?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies