The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261398 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »

As long as I'm the patron saint of this thread:  Why genius political analyst Peter Brower believes Scott Walker is "wildly unpopular."

I think that people are scared to admit that they loathe him to a pollster now. There's nothing that he has done to win support... but many interests have created a climate of fear in Wisconsin. Whether that translates into voting is a different matter.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

No more wrong than saying "Federal Republic of Germany" instead of "Bundesrepublik Deutschland."  In fact, it's probably better not to mix and match languages.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »

No more wrong than saying "Federal Republic of Germany" instead of "Bundesrepublik Deutschland."  In fact, it's probably better not to mix and match languages.
Not the same thing. Its Iran in modern English, Persia is no longer correct, its like saying Mesopotamia instead of Iraq.

Well yes I know that their government prefers "Iran" to "Persia" in English, but I was just thinking about what I think should be the general rule. Tongue

(Also not quite the same; Mesopotamia is the name of a region but Persia has always been used to denote a government).
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »

Intrepid investigative reporter Peter Brower brings us new updates on Scott Walker's Stalinist dictatorship.

Quite high of course. The new voting patterns in WOW will give him a solid shot.

Romney wins the state only if President Obama collapses overall as a leader (no sign yet) or Governor Scott Walker rigs the statewide election.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

One man's "completely indefensible or undeniably ignorant" is another's obvious common sense.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

One man's "completely indefensible or undeniably ignorant" is another's obvious common sense.

What do you think "common" means? And if you're talking about people like Bushie or Teddy, they aren't normal at all.

Well, for example;

Blue Avatar:  "Most people on welfare are life-long moochers who wouldn't take employment even if it were available."

Red Avatar: *posts in this thread*

It might be considered "common sense" on this forum that Blue Avatar's statement is "absurd," but if you did a poll of the American public odds are that you'd find a substantial majority agreeing with Blue Avatar.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »

The point is that not only would a majority of people not find Blue Avatar's statement "absurd," they'd actually agree with it.  You cannot, therefore, claim it's a violation of "common sense."
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »

Pretty sure this one qualifies for all three:

Argentina is clearly better off since the Kirchners took over. I don't know her policies very well, but I'm pretty sure I'd vote for her in the context.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies