Should the Regions map be re-drawn? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:20:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the Regions map be re-drawn? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the Regions map be re-drawn?
Yes

No

who cares

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Should the Regions map be re-drawn?  (Read 7492 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »

Yes- but the Northeast, IDS, and Mideast stay the same.

That isn't redrawing the regions map, that's redrawing a line between the Pacific and Midwest.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »

We could always descend into civil war and have that be the method of border adjustment.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

Give the IDS MD and DE and that'd be my ideal 4 region map.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »

Is there anyone actually registered in Delaware?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »

Oakvale was registered in Delaware, but he left.  The state doesn't have a resident, as of yet, but I think the Northeast is best the way it is.

Per one of my campaign promises, I will oppose any changes to the Northeastern boundaries. Grin

But that makes it look silly. The Northeast looks fine, but then there's a Delaware-tail-thingy hanging off of Pennsylvania. Far more aesthetically pleasing to give em both to the IDS.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »

Oakvale was registered in Delaware, but he left.  The state doesn't have a resident, as of yet, but I think the Northeast is best the way it is.

Per one of my campaign promises, I will oppose any changes to the Northeastern boundaries. Grin

But that makes it look silly. The Northeast looks fine, but then there's a Delaware-tail-thingy hanging off of Pennsylvania. Far more aesthetically pleasing to give em both to the IDS.

Ain't nothing wrong with a 'lil tail! Tongue  And frankly, I just don't see why the Northeast should feel compelled to give up a portion of its land (along with the businesses and agricultural resources that exist in it) just like that.  Tongue

Ah, yes, you wouldn't want to lose your Delaware Corporations...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »

I'd have thought of this, for the sake of geographic consistency :

It looks to be a good map (with Maryland going to the IDS, of course Wink), but might this hurt ideological diversity?

Half of a left-leaning region is combined with half of a right-leaning one (Midwest and Mideast); other than that, NE stays the same and competitive, and there's really not a practical way to get the Pacific competitive (of course, with current activity levels, its ideological tilt isn't that important). IDS gets a bit more conservative, but not terribly.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:53 AM »

Even if you manage to re-draw the regions in any of the above-mentioned ways, don't forget that people could simply change their state of registration in order to stay in the same region as before. I for my part would certainly do that should Kentucky become a part of the South. If many people do this, the new map will not have a big impact.

Wouldn't people moving around cause some sort of activity anyways, as is the goal of this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies