Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:16:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  When will my imprisonment end?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: When will my imprisonment end?  (Read 3155 times)
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 10:07:54 pm »
Ignore

Dave is the only one with any control whatsoever over Mod Review. I have no ability to put anyone on it, remove anyone from it, or otherwise have any insight into how it works. I'm not sure how I can be any more clear about that.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 12:02:23 am »
Ignore

I have to say I'm quite disappointed that none of my supposed forum friends have posted anything about this affair.

The censorship, control, and disallowing of most political speech we have all come to expect, but when the rules are not even enforced 'as written', but simply in a completely arbitrary manner, you would think some might object.  If this is to be a game at all - even it is just a game of 'pleasing the moderators' - we still need some rules to play by.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 12:02:26 am »
Ignore

Btw, the 30 day thing dropping down to 8 days, is one of those things one might try to avoid. Just a thought. A extra 25 day lockup perhaps because the warden is on vacation, is just not the same thing as 3 extra days is it?

I have no idea what you are talking about here.  The rule is - five days moderator review for 50 death-points, and again another five day moderator review at 75 death points.  I believe the rule is you are banned at 100 death points.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 09:16:17 am »
Ignore

I have to say I'm quite disappointed that none of my supposed forum friends have posted anything about this affair.

If you are referring to BRTD, then the word you are searching for is "groupie", not "friend".

---

The censorship, control, and disallowing of most political speech we have all come to expect, but when the rules are not even enforced 'as written', but simply in a completely arbitrary manner, you would think some might object.  If this is to be a game at all - even it is just a game of 'pleasing the moderators' - we still need some rules to play by.

keep your powder dry

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 09:34:38 am »
Ignore

I didn't even know you were on but will certainly be glad when the glitch is resolved.  I need a damn dinner update Smiley
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:58 am »
Ignore

The Big Board of Death on the mod board no longer lists opebo as being on mod review, so I guess it's time to call off the hunger strike.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 10:20:15 am »
Ignore

The Big Board of Death on the mod board no longer lists opebo as being on mod review, so I guess it's time to call off the hunger strike.

Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 10:56:56 am »

Looks like some bug - I've remove the mod review...

Thanks,
Dave
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »
Ignore

Can you clarify the rules?  Is it correct that I will be banned at 100 points?

Also, one final message to all moderators - please, please, do not infract me for the posts which you yourselves made in my name during my period of full-moderator-control.  That is, don't go back weeks from now and forget that you yourselves reviewed, approved, and posted said messages. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:25:56 pm by Regular Inmate »Logged

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »
Ignore

keep your powder dry

I don't think that really has any meaning here, but the attitude is admirable.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »
Ignore

Of course not. You're an Old One.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:44 pm »
Ignore

But I was under the impression that there was a rule, and that this rule was at 100 death-points one was permanently banned.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »
Ignore

Also, one final message to all moderators - please, please, do not infract me for the posts which you yourselves made in my name during my period of full-moderator-control.  That is, don't go back weeks from now and forget that you yourselves reviewed, approved, and posted said messages.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCwyzT0Z6E&#t=0m43s
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:20:07 pm by consigliere jmfcst »Logged

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »
Ignore

A couple of points to clarify:

Receiving 100 points is not a guarantee of being banned, nor is a failure to reach 100 points a guarantee of not being banned. It is ultimately a decision that is made based on several factors. Past history, ratio of posts that contribute to positive intellectual discourse to those that detract from it, etc. are all taken into account, not merely the total volume or content of "negative" posts.

I attempt to weigh all these factors against each other, but it is ultimately a subjective decision on my part, and one that certainly can be appealed to Dave (regardless of whether I banned someone that you think that I shouldn't have, or if I didn't ban someone that you think that I should have). Dave's a pretty reasonable guy in my experience, and if you can make a good argument, he'll certainly take it into consideration.

It's important to keep in mind that all of us are guests on Dave's private property. So there are no "rules" other than those he chooses to establish, which can be modified or changed by him at any time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:32:16 pm by Nym90 »Logged
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
Ignore

But I was under the impression that there was a rule, and that this rule was at 100 death-points one was permanently banned.

Was Jmfcst banned ?

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »
Ignore

Was Jmfcst banned ?

Depends on what you mean, and we can never really know anyway.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »
Ignore

Was Jmfcst banned ?

Depends on what you mean, and we can never really know anyway.

well played!

Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »
Ignore

Also, being on mod review doesn't absolve you of responsibility for the content of your posts. If you make a post while on review that otherwise would be infracted, you cannot expect to escape infraction simply because you're on review.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 02:45:29 pm »
Ignore

Can you clarify the rules?  Is it correct that I will be banned at 100 points?

Was Jmfcst banned ?

For 30 days, much to the consternation of both those who felt that I should have been more lenient and those who felt that I should have treated him more harshly. Smiley
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »
Ignore

Also, being on mod review doesn't absolve you of responsibility for the content of your posts. If you make a post while on review that otherwise would be infracted, you cannot expect to escape infraction simply because you're on review.

But in that case, what does the word review in 'moderator review' mean?  A moderator already reviewed and approved it Nym. 

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 01:10:30 am »
Ignore

IIRC, I actually spent 6 days in the hole at 50 and at 75...and, of course, a month of solitary when I hit 100.  

Yes, those are the precise rules - five days at 50, five days at 75, and a month at 100.

So, moderators, why am I still under moderation?

You are failing to do your jobs.

Well I know it's not a month at 100... I have no clue where you got that from.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:02 am »
Ignore

Btw, the 30 day thing dropping down to 8 days, is one of those things one might try to avoid. Just a thought. A extra 25 day lockup perhaps because the warden is on vacation, is just not the same thing as 3 extra days is it?

I have no idea what you are talking about here.  The rule is - five days moderator review for 50 death-points, and again another five day moderator review at 75 death points.  I believe the rule is you are banned at 100 death points.

Again, your interpretation of what happens at 100 points is incorrect.  Instead of complaining about us being unfair in our application of the rules and accusing us of failing to do our job, I suggest you actually re-read what Dave has said.  THEN (and only then) if you think we're failing to do our job, come back and feel free to complain.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 02:24:43 am »
Ignore

I actually didn't see this until now. I did throw a fit in the IRC upon hearing you were mod reviewed in the first place (not on the forum for fear of the same for me, I was only about 10 points away), but didn't know it hadn't been lifted.

While it's nice to see that this injustice has finally be corrected, I must ask how ridiculous it is to have a system where Nym can ban people (and thus presumably unban them) but not remove people from mod review.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 04:31:05 am »
Ignore

As to the oq... you will be released from captivity on the Atlas Forum when Nym decides in his mercy to release you.
 At least, you lucky sod have some hope that you may eventually be released from the Forum... that doesn't go for some of us who know they'll be posting here for life.
But I hope to have you with me for the duration.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 07:39:51 am »
Ignore

But in that case, what does the word review in 'moderator review' mean?  A moderator already reviewed and approved it Nym. 

That's actually a very good point. While a mod might exercise discretion to modify/delete a post on their board even after it was mod reviewed, but assessing points for such a post sounds highly 'bait and switch'-ish.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout