2008: An Election of Firsts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: An Election of Firsts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Should this timeline:
end now?

go until 2008?

go until 2012?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: 2008: An Election of Firsts  (Read 19801 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »

A while back I wrote a timeline about the 2016 presidential election but got a little uninspired with it. However, over the past few weeks a new idea hit me and I've been coming up with bits after research. Saddam Hussein manages to avoid capture in December 2003 and the results hurt Bush in the General Election.
Nov. 2004-Dec. 2006
 "And we are now able to call the state of Ohio for Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts. He is now President-elect Kerry. Ohio has joined Nevada, New Mexico, and Iowa in being the closest states in this election."
2004 Presidential election map

John Kerry moving towards his inauguration
On January 20th, 2004 John Kerry is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. He receives an initial popularity boost from Saddam Husein's capture and trial in February but soon faces large opposition over the next 2 years from his failure with Hurricane Katrina and a Republican controlled Congress. It is continually in deadlock and nearly shuts down in mid-August. The midterm then gives the Democrats a slight loss in the House and in the Senate a tiny gain but not a majority with seats split 52-48 in favor of the GOP. Some Democrats call Kerry a failure and a disappointment using the continued wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as evidence (even though he has slightly withdrawn troops) but the majority remain silent because he will almost surely be their next nominee unopposed. As for the Republicans George W. Bush refuses to run yet they are viewed to have a fighting chance in the upcoming Presidential Election.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

Continue...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2012, 02:06:30 AM by Governor Spamage »

January 2007

Jan 1st- "For the final time I will say this. I will not be running for President in 2008. Our party has plenty of people who in my opinion are capable of the job, and quite frankly deserve it. I don't want to risk our parties chances this year and also am enjoying retirement with Laura."

Jan 4th- Following George Bush's announcement early GOP candidate lists are released:
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
Rudy Giuliani, Mayor of New York City
Condoleezza Rice, 20th U.S. National Security Advisor
Mitt Romney, Governor of Massachusetts
John McCain, Senator from Arizona
Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas
Dick Cheney, Former Vice President
Colin Powell, Former Secretary if State
New Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House
Ron Paul, Congressman from Texas
Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida
George Pataki, Governor of New York

Jan 12th- "In my opinion our party needs competition in this election, its healthy! I myself personally think that Kerry hasn't been all that I expected but he still has tried his hardest."- Statements made by Al Gore apparently stress President Kerry. Long expected to be an unchallenged in the primaries he realizes the very real threat of his potential downfall."

Jan 13th- Several Republican potential candidates criticize President Kerry over his failure to assert himself over the Human Rights troubles in Myanmar as China and Russia veto the potential resolution. The critics are Rice, Cheney, and Powell all claiming that they would've asserted themselves.

Jan 20th- Ron Paul announces his candidacy- " As many of you know I have been contemplating a bid for the Presidency for the past 2 years. I'm here today to start that journey. The corruption and greed in Washington by both parties is hurting our nation and our wars raging overseas risk the lives over hundreds of Americans every day. I believe it is time to stop nation-building and start acting for a better tomorrow. Our liberties defended by the Constitution are under attack by men like President Kerry who only try to win votes. The Constitution, our core and central pillar for our nation is being discarded by some and viewed as obsolete by others. We must tell them no! Today begins our path to victory, the White House, and a better America!

Jan 30th- After several U.S. troops die in combat against Iraqi militants President Kerry plans an urgent visit to try and create a more positive morale. Back home, he receives some credit for his actions.

Jan 31st- Jacques Chirac says Iran would pose a little threat to it's neighbors if it received a nuclear weapon. The comments cause controversy in the U.S. further hurting relations even though the statement is later retracted.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »

Continue...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »

February 2007

Feb 3rd -" It is here today I am announcing an early start to my campaign for reelection for the Presidency of the United States. America started on a journey four years ago when I was elected. We're only half way done. In this election I will not only win victory for myself but also for my Party as a whole. We're not done yet. In my second term America will end it wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, provide services to everyone regardless of their income, and work to unite America, not divide it. I have shown throughout my term that I am a capable leader and will lead us through four more years creating a better America for our children and grandchildren. My potential opponents will reverse all we've worked for and take us back to a time like those when Bush was in office."- President John Kerry. Boston, Massachusetts

Feb 5th- In a response to President Kerry’s announcement speech a group of House Republicans issue a response to the issues he raised:
Why America shouldn’t give President Kerry a second chance:
   President John Kerry has recently issued claims that we’re “only half way done” with his “plan”. He fails to mention the fact that since he was elected he floundered Katrina, was partisan and refused to compromise creating a government shutdown, and continued to break his promises about ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan safely and orderly. He has in fact shown himself to be an incapable leader by using Partisan redderick in order to divide and conquer America’s voting blocs. Under President Kerry’s leadership America is failing, not rising. He has not acted rationally and is risking our personal safety by planning an early end to the War on Terror which could eventually lead to a loss of life in future terrorist attacks.

Feb 11th- “Hello and welcome. Over the past few months I have been contemplating a run for President. I’m here today to say that although I normally haven't wanted to run for office  I will run for President. As National Security Advisor I worked tirelessly to protect our nation and plan to continue to do so if I am elected President. President Kerry has failed in almost every way on foreign policy. He hasn’t been assertive enough towards countries like China and Russia who vetoed a Human Rights Bill in the U.N. for the slaughtering of innocent people in Myanmar. He hasn’t denounced the French President’s remarks on Iran and continues to ignore the Korean problem. Our defense is at risk as long as John Kerry is our president. I can’t allow him to destroy our reputation further and therefore I need your vote. I will fix America’s image and take us from a laughingstock to a powerful nation, working to spread democracy around the world. We now are embarking on a journey and I need your support if we are going to come out of it stronger. Thank You!”- Condoleezza Rice enters the race yet only polls around 7-9%. She is viewed as a second-tier or even long shot candidate.

Feb 19th- “Due to my recent heart problems I will not be seeking the office of the Presidency. I won’t endorse anyone until our Party has a nominee. Thank You.”- Dick Cheney’s non-endorsement of Rice is seen as potentially dangerous for the struggling candidate. Reports are spread that potentially during the Bush Administration there was some arguments.

Feb 20th- “The time for President Kerry’s leadership is over. I have shown throughout my career to be both experienced and prepared. I have served in the Senate for many years but can no longer stay on the sideline while our President harms the America I love.”- John McCain in Phoenix, Arizona.

Feb 25th- GOP NOMINATION
Rudy Giuliani- 24%
John McCain-16%
Mitt Romney-12%
Condoleezza Rice-9%
Ron Paul-5%
Colin Powell-4%
Mike Huckabee-4%

Do you approve of President Kerry?:
Approve: 42%
Disapprove:48%
Unsure: 10%
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Condi, Colin, or McCain- tough choice. Probably I'd end up going for Condi.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »

What is going to happen?
Colin Powell runs as Indie...
Kerry is primary challenged by Hillary Clinton and she wins
Romney wins GOP nomination and he puts Condie as running-mate
First mormon, first woman and first black running as top candidates for Presidency...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »

March 2007

March 1st- “Hello my fellow Americans, Today my decision has been made. I will seek our nation’s highest office. I believe my economic experience and handling of the Salt Lake Olympics gives testament to my credibility. As Governor of Massachusetts I created prosperity, ruling with dignity and respect. Unlike President Kerry I didn’t abuse my power and I served the people of my state with dignity. I believe its those skills that will help me change Washington, form the same-old same-old to a new, honest, and open government. Insiders have corrupted us and use us only as tools frothier own success and glory. That’s not O.K.. The America we love can not be subjected to this and that’s why I need your vote. Thank You.”- Mitt Romney enters the election is Boston. The Press gives his more name recognition and does help him in nationwide polling. Due to good polling in the early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Nevada he will likely have the advantage of momentum from the early contests and could win the election.

March 5th- In Iraq the week is full of continued bloodshed, several car bombing and militia clashes leave more than 10 soldiers dead. Current support for the war is at 35% while opposition is 58%.

March 7th- “Today we begin to take back America! I am running for President and as of now will attend the debate in Des Moines in a few more days. Today we will throw off the over regulation and management in Washington. The millions of dollars wasted each year with organizations that ought to be cut! Morals are being ignored and completely discarded! Join my campaign and lets lead America to victory!”- Mike Huckabee enters the race in Arkansas. Considered a long shot due to polling anywhere from 2 to 6 percent he isn’t given much notice by national press and media organizations.

March 16th- The first GOP Debate is held in Des Moines, Iowa. Romney, Rice, McCain, Paul, and Huckabee are all in attendance. Several Excerpts:
MR- “If I am elected I will try dutifully to examine the situation and meet with those on the ground to decide whether or not a time frame would be doable at this point, If they advise me not to I will accept their decision and continue to support our effort in the Middle-East.

CR-“Well probably not the way our current President has. I believe that we need sanctions on Iran and North Korea in order to stop their quest for nuclear weaponry. I believe we need to stand against those who continue to dishonor us and ignore us like Venezuela. America is the world’s lone superpower and I intend to keep it that way.”
Overall Rice is viewed to have won. She dodged any signs of confrontation or conflict and managed to stand out as a viable candidate for the Presidency. Based on polling she was successful in both increasing recognition and likeability:
Who do you support for the GOP Nomination:
Rudy Giuliani- 24%
Mitt Romney- 15%
John McCain- 13%
Condoleezza Rice 13%
Ron Paul-5%
Mike Huckabee-5%
Colin Powell-5%

March 20th- POLLS
General Election
Mitt Romney/John Kerry  47%/ 45%
Rudy Giuliani/ John Kerry 50%/ 44%
John McCain/ John Kerry 47%/ 43%
Condoleezza Rice/ John Kerry  43%/ 45%
Mike Huckabee/ John Kerry 39%/ 47%
Ron Paul/ John Kerry 44%/ 44%

DEM Potential:
John Kerry 48%
Someone else 34%

GOP Iowa:
Romney 27%
Giuliani 15%
Rice 12%
McCain 10%
Paul 9%
Huckabee 5%

March 26th- “Its time to get serious America. And that’s why I’m entering this race. The current Administration has been ridiculously incompetent an irrational. They spend money, spread the partisan message, and  fail to respond to rising and upcoming issues such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Although I was originally wary their silence after the slaying of innocent lives has moved me into action. I can’t believe that John Kerry thinks he deserves the right to be President after his horrible 1st term with mess-ups from Katrina to his fights with Congress. Together you and me can restore America’s glory, at home and abroad”- Rudy Giuliani, the early frontrunner enters the race. It is not unexpected yet receives widespread attention. President Kerry remarks “Giuliani's words and his actions have been 2 different things. He doesn’t even stand with his party on some of the issues proving he is not a serious threat to us.”
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:31:18 AM »

April/May 2007

April 3rd- Nancy Pelosi begins her trip to the Middle-East where she meets with Bashar Al-Assad. Assad, a known supporter of Iran, is viewed by many Republican candidates as risky. There is some criticism of Pelosi back home with candidates like Mike Huckabee calling it “a waste of time, a waste of money, and a waste of effort.”

April 5th-
GOP Nomination
Giuliani- 28%
Romney- 18%
Rice- 15%
McCain- 13%
Paul- 6%
Huckabee-6%

April 9th- “As many of you have expected I will not be seeking the office of the Presidency. I will be looking over all the candidates so I am able to make a decision on who to potentially endorse.”- Colin Powell, who had low potential polling numbers takes his name out of the potential GOP Nomination. He has been viewed as a potential candidate for many elections in the past and 2008 was viewed as his likely last chance due to impending retirement.

April 11th-
GOP Iowa
Romney- 30%
Rice- 22%
Paul- 15%
Giuliani- 12%
Huckabee- 9%
McCain- 7%

GOP New Hampshire
Romney- 36%
Giuliani- 17%
McCain- 11%
Rice- 8%
Paul- 8%
Huckabee-3%

April 20th- Over several interviews top Democrats were asked if they’d be willing to challenge or support a challenge against the President. The majority said that if he messes up one more time they would either actively campaign or even run against the President. Those interviewed included Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Howard Dean, and Al Gore. However polls among Democratic voters show that they aren’t necessarily supporting those measures.
Would you support another candidate over President Kerry?
No- 64%
Yes- 21%

Kerry vs. Clinton
Kerry- 59%
Clinton- 31%

Kerry vs. Obama
Kerry- 71%
Obama- 14%

Kerry vs. Dean
Kerry- 74%
Dean- 17%

April 27th- A GOP Debate is held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. All candidates were in attendance. Huckabee and Rice both manage to stand out from the crowd on the very crowded stage. Huckabee lectured Romney for switching his views on Abortion and Rice and Giuliani for standing by theirs. He said “Republicans, what we need in a nominee is not someone who will allow the killing of innocent lives” he than later calls himself "the only true conservative in the election". Awareness rapidly diffuses about Rice and Giuliani’s positions hurting Rice in the South where she was polling well and hurting Giuliani nationally. Rice, however, managed to shine later in the night when she described her time as National Security Advisor. “I was one of the few women in the Administration and I was honored to be.” she said.

May 7th- After a Palestinian bombing of a U.N. run school all the Republican candidates, excluding Ron Paul, make statements of regret for the loss of life and they re-affirm their positions that Palestine should not be granted nationhood.

May 16th- Nickloas Sarkozy succeeds Jaques Chirac as President of France. Many Republicans in Congress state that they look forward to a fresh start with France after Chirac’s comments about Iran a few months ago.

May 20th- “After around a month of deliberating I am here to announce my endorsement. This election has the chance to become a major turning point in U.S. history. My candidate has led they way in many different occasions. She is the only African-American in this race and is also the only woman. She will take America a step forward in Civil Rights and Gender Equality. She has served our nation from inside the White House alongside me during the attacks of September 11th and supported Bush with his decision to liberate Iraq. Ladies and gentlemen I will be voting for Condoleezza Rice and I ask you to join me.” Colin Powell endorses Condoleezza Rice. This event helps Rive regain the percentages lost when it was revealed she had a Libertarian view on Abortion.   

May 29th- George W. Bush announces that he will have an endorsement “somewhere between Late June and Early July”. He says he already he knows his choice but just wants to confirm it with the candidate and also wants to “make it count”.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »

June/ July 2007

June 1st- “I do not have any intention of running against President Kerry. I believe he is our clear leader and that he has done his best considering the cards Bush and the GOP dealt him. Running would only hurt the party’s chances and , in my opinion, would be a waste of money. So therefore I officially endorse President John Kerry in his 2008 Campaign.”- Clinton states her intentions just 2 days after a meeting with the President behind closed doors. Some believe he bought her off with a cabinet position and support for any future campaign she has while others say she was just being gracious.

June 7th- A GOP Debate is held in Montgomery, Alabama. Paul and Rice both are viewed as the winners. Paul managed to get the audience to cheer for issues that most Conservatives wouldn’t such as drug legalization and an immediate end to the wars in Iraq. Rice, now viewed as 1 of 3 top tier candidates used her newfound middle position to her advantage by aiming attacks at Romney and Giuliani for a lick of experience on a national level.

June 16th- A national polling map and several polls are released for the GOP Primary

Red- Giuliani
Green- Rice
Blue- Romney
Pink- McCain
Light Blue- Huckabee
Gray- Tie

GOP South Carolina
Rice- 32%
McCain- 17%
Huckabee- 14%
Romney- 13%
Giuliani- 9%
Paul- 4%

GOP Michigan
Romney 29%
Rice 22%
Giuliani 19%
McCain 10%
Paul 6%
Huckabee 4%

GOP National
Giuliani- 22%
Rice- 17%
Romney- 16%
McCain- 14%
Huckabee- 10%
Paul- 8%
Note: Giuliani’s poll numbers continue to drop due to awareness of his abortion views.

General Election:
Giuliani/Kerry  51%/43%
Romney/ Kerry  47%/ 45%
Rice/ Kerry  48%/ 44%
McCain/ Kerry  48%/ 42%
Huckabee/ Kerry 38%/ 46%
Paul/ Kerry 44%/44%

June 22nd – After an unarmed Palestinian is killed by several Israeli patrol men President Kerry organizes talks within Egypt. Condoleezza Rice says “I agree with what President Kerry is trying to do but he must realize that the Palestinians will only negotiate for  nationhood, and that it would severely hurt Israel, our key ally within the Middle East.

July 5th- “Today, after our great patriotic holiday I am here to announce my endorsement. I have worked with this person before and they’ve helped guide me in leading our nation. They helped me campaign in 2004 and they just understand the issues. I am endorsing Condoleezza Rice for President of the United States if America, she is a pioneer for both women’s rights and civil rights. I will be campaigning with her and hope you join me in voting Condi’08

July 15th- “Today, the Taliban has caused more death in Afghanistan. I vow that as President I will use a troop surge in order to curb the violence and to get our men and women in uniform home, leaving a safer Afghanistan.”

July 23rd- An anonymous supporter of Huckabee comes under fire for calling Mormonism “a cult” and for making offensive remarks about Islam. Huckabee manages to distance himself from the scandal but polls show he has been hurt in polling.

July 30th- Many GOP candidates begin campaigning in Iowa in preparation for the Ames Straw Poll which gives the winner significant media attention. Romney and Paul are expected to do very well while Giuliani, Rice and McCain may have numbers lower than their statewide polling.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

August 2007- Not a very big update but an update nonetheless, I'll be able to do longer ones when I'm a little less busy.

Aug 4th- The Ames Iowa Straw Poll is held slightly earlier than usual. There is shock that Huckabee managed such a close third behind Ron Paul who was one of the favorites to win it. Unsurprisingly Mitt Romney pulls off a sizeable victory.

2007 AMES STRAW POLL
Romney- 38% 6,460
Paul- 20% 3,402
Huckabee- 17% 2,890
Rice- 10% 2,550
Giuliani- 8% 1,364
McCain- 7% 1,190

Aug 9th- A GOP Debate is held in Las Vegas, it is largely viewed as a draw and considered by some to be more harmful than helpful.

Huckabee to Giuliani: “Going around supporting abortion is something you can’t do mayor. It’s morally wrong and doesn’t belong in this party and on this stage. I urge you to change your views to protect all of our nation’s unborn”

Rice to Romney: “Governor, don’t throw your record at us. If I can remember correctly your state was 48th or 47th out of 50 in job creation. I certainly don’t believe that qualifies you for our nation’s highest office.”

Paul to Huckabee: “You need to let the people decide their views, not force it upon them. You make it sound as though states shouldn’t be allowed to choose their own laws on such divisive social issues.”

Aug 15th- President Kerry’s approval is now stuck at 42%, high summer as prices and harsh criticism from the GOP are expected to be the cause.

Do you Approve of President Kerry?
Yes 42%
No 47%
Unsure 11%

Aug 22nd- Rice begins her tour “to make every state count”. She is expected to do excessive campaigning in the normally ignored states such as Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and the Dakotas. It may help her later as she will be the 1st candidate in this election to even set foot in Wyoming.

Aug 25th- Romney and Huckabee participate in a joint town hall in Sioux City, IA. The even receives a lot of attention and both candidates are boosted by it.

Aug 28th- Polls reveal Giuliani is now in an essential 3 way tie with Rice and Romney, the debates have widely hurt him as there are normally criticisms about his views on Abortion.

Who do you support for the GOP Nomination?
Giuliani- 22%
Rice- 21%
Romney- 21%
McCain- 15%
Paul – 9%
Huckabee- 8%

Aug 31st - In a complete surprise former 1st Lady Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney calling him “a complete fiscal conservative” and “the best person to take down President Kerry and his failed time as President.” This comes as a shock because earlier in the years she stated she wouldn’t endorse anyone but the nominee.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »

Looks great so far
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »

September-October 2007

Sept 5th- President Kerry has a speech in Washington D.C. on Education. Students around the country watch as the President unveils several plans to increase teacher salaries. This event comes as the start of the new school year. GOP candidates Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani are quick to respond with Romney quoted saying “It’s a terrific idea but isn’t feasible right now. The budgets are in a deficit and the President just wants to keep piling on more debt for our future generations, its not acceptable”

Sept 11th- All campaigns are stalled as memorial for those who lost their lives 6 years earlier.

Sept 15th- Following an agreement reached between the U.S. and China on lead paint many candidates state their views on Chinese trade. Giuliani says “We both have to much invested in each other to let this relationship fail”

Sept 21st- “Today NATO led a strike against the Taliban and it backfired. Innocent civilians were killed. This is not why the war started. Its unacceptable and needs to end. Not only are men, women, and children being slaughtered so are American soldiers. The time for nation-building is over and therefore I call upon President Kerry to end the War in Afghanistan.”- Ron Paul, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sept 29th- POLLS
GENERAL ELECTION:
   Romney/Kerry   51%/46%
   Giuliani/ Kerry   49%/44%
   Rice/ Kerry         48%/ 44%

Primary Map:

Giuliani's continued implosion shows, Rice's rise does too. Rice's campaign out west gained her Wyoming and Colorado while Arkansas and Michigan are now tied due to a high percentage of African American support. In the majority of the states however Romney and Giuliani stand tied.

GOP California
       Giuliani   30%
            Romney  24%
            Rice        15%
            Paul        10%
            McCain    8%
            Huckabee 2%

Oct 5th- President Kerry begins “officially” campaigning. The GOP calls his bluff however because since he was elected he visited Ohio, Florida, Iowa, and New Mexico more than all other states combined. On his trip he criticizes Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee for a lack of leadership and experience on a national level. He also says “ The Republicans only want too play politics, they seek to hurt our workers rights, our women’s rights, and our soldiers in their attempt to gain power” The RNC calls the attacks “baseless” and uses funds to have a large ad buy in New Hampshire, Ohio, and Nevada.

Oct 12th- President Kerry arranges an urgent trip to Russia following Putin’s statements that he would renounce the cold war era INF Treaty after the U.S. discussed making a European Shield.

Oct 20th- The GOP candidate for Louisiana Governor, Bobby Jindal wins with a landslide percentage of 61% of the vote. A runoff will now no longer be necessary because he broke 50%

Oct 26th- “I’m here today to endorse a real Patriot for President. That man is Mitt Romney, he seeks to lead our nation with fiscal responsibility and lower our worldwide debt. I’ve longtime been a quiet supporter of the Governor but now view its my time to speak on the issue hes a terrific person. With Romney the nation will be in better hands, thank you."- George H.W. Bush endorses Mitt Romney, this is in conflict with his son's endorsement of Condoleezza Rice.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Nov/ Dec 2007  (Truth be told I’m trying to speed up to the primaries in case anyone’s reading this...)

Nov 1st-
GOP National Polling-
Rice  25%
Giuliani 22%
Romney 22%
McCain 13%
Paul   6%
Huckabee 5%

Nov 5th- A GOP Debate is held in Dallas, Texas:

Rice-“I believe that the Presidency is not the place for on-the-job training, only 3 people on this stage have served in Washington, and only 1 has served in the White House this…”

Romney: “Excuse me Ms. Rice but did you honestly just say you need to be a Washington insider to be President? This is what I’ve been campaigning against and…”

Rice: “Let me finish, Governor. Serving in Washington doesn’t necessarily make you an insider, I served the people of America as National Security Advisor with dignity and pride and it insults me that you’d degrade my office to that of a “Washington insider”

Nov 12th- “Starting today I will be working on a plan to remove our troops from Iraq, its we’ve done our job there and I believe the time is finished…” President Kerry announces troop withdrawal will begin sometime soon. Some Democrats state that they don’t believe filling campaign promises within the final year of a term doesn’t create a successful Presidency, the Republican on the other hand, excluding Ron Paul, view the President is acting too swiftly. Ron Paul says “Finally our President has made his 1st levelheaded decision since he was elected.”

Nov 20th- Conflicts and tensions escalate between Israelis and Palestinians, 6 Palestinians were killed in the Gaza Strip and there is immediate retaliation. It is revealed by several terrorist groups that Egypt supplied them with their weapons causing even further tensions. John Kerry is silent on the issue and faces large amounts of criticism.

Nov 30th- A man takes hostages at John Kerry’s campaign office in Concord, New Hampshire the situation ends within less then 3 hours but the hostages are very shaken.

Dec 3rd-  Reports surface that Iran and North Korea have started working together to create WMD’s however the credibility is not certain because some reports state Iran has stalled it’s program since 2003. John McCain criticizes the President saying “Just because you ignore the issue doesn’t mean it’ll go away.

Dec 12th- John Kerry signs the State Children's Health Insurance Program into law. He receives heavy criticism from the right. This move however, brings to light Gov. Romney’s healthcare program in Massachusetts.

Dec 20th- Mike Huckabee begins surging in Iowa, many people wonder if it’s too little too late or if there’s still hope for the Arkansas Governor who was hurt in polls after the religious scandal.

Iowa:
Romney   38%
Huckabee 32%
Rice  19%
McCain 5%
Giuliani  4%

Dec 31st- A new year in rung in in Times Square however, many pundits and news organizations look forward to the Iowa Caucuses just a few days away.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2012, 02:12:29 AM by Governor Spamage »

The 2008 election season officially got under way on the afternoon of January 3rd in Iowa, Republican candidates attended various caucuses in an attempt to sway as many voters to their cause as possible. As caucuses began to vote the Republican candidates would go to their respective headquarters and watch the results, just like every other American.

Early Returns showed a tight race between Romney and Huckabee:
IOWA CAUCUSES 2% Reporting 8:00 PM
Mitt Romney 31%
Mike Huckabee 29%
Ron Paul 19%
Condoleezza Rice 14%
John McCain 4%
Rudy Giuliani 3%

The race for victory was extremely tight, the question now came to not whether or not the surge had an effect but whether or not Huckabee’s supporters all around the state would’ve been swayed. Some pundits said yes while others said no.
Then in the following hour places would begin to be called, Giuliani had a disappointing last and McCain a disappointing 5th. Rice pulled 4th and Paul was then called to be 3rd. Throughout the night as more and more results came in Mitt Romney’s lead widened. Then finally at 9:21 he was declared winner.

IOWA CAUCUSES 63% Reporting 9:21 PM
Mitt Romney 31%
Mike Huckabee 27%
Ron Paul 19%
Condoleezza Rice 17%
John McCain 3%
Rudy Giuliani 3%

Tonight Iowa has decided it wants a better future for America, and I intend to deliver it! Thank you to everyone for participating in Democracy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!”-
Mitt Romney

This may not have been the result we expected but it is quite remarkable that within 1 month a campaign rose from certain loss to near victory.”-
Mike Huckabee

NY TIMES- "COULD HE BE THE ONE?"

USA TODAY "ROMNEY 1-OTHERS 0"

Romney claimed victory with most major news networks projecting the delegate count to be 29-10 in Romney’s favor with 1 extra going to Condoleezza Rice, but his rejoice was short lived. Although usually ignored Wyoming proved to be Romney’s foil from claiming an early victory. Romney led their initially and seemed to take their vote for granted, but Condoleezza Rice would claim victory their in a landslide, she was the only candidate (excluding Ron Paul) to visit the state more than once and it showed in their results, even if it was considered just “a beauty contest” Rice still would likely win every delegate. The media played it as an upset and almost all of Romney,s momentum was gone.
WYOMING PRIMARY
Condoleezza Rice- 51%
Mitt Romney- 22%
Ron Paul- 11%
John McCain- 8%
Rudy Giuliani- 5%
Mike Huckabee- 3%

Only three days now remained until New Hampshire, which was a sure fire Romney state.

GOP Map Jan.5th
Mitt Romney 29 delegates
Condoleezza Rice 13 delegates
Mike Huckabee 10 delegates
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »

Great so far!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2012, 09:38:10 AM by spamage »

New Hampshire’s Primary was held on January 8th. Quite expectedly, Romney trounced all of his opponents and the state was called for him by the majority of the news networks within 5 minutes of polls being closed. Deeper analysis revealed a dangerous fact for another candidate. Rudy Giuliani was fading, and fading fast. Romney and Rice each were gaining many of his former supporters and the once frontrunner placed in a disappointing 3rd place.

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARIES
Mitt Romney- 55%
Condoleezza Rice- 16%
Rudy Giuliani- 11%
John McCain- 9%
Ron Paul- 8%
Mike Huckabee-1%

We’ve fought hard to win this state and tonight’s a big disappointment. I will be returning to New York City tomorrow to reevaluate my candidacy and make decisions for my future in this race”- Rudy Giuliani

Giuliani’s “reevaluation” is seen by many as a sure sign he is dropping out. The new speculation is now over if or who he will endorse. He schedules a press conference on January 12th, just 3 days before Michigan’s winner-take-all primaries.

Michigan Poll:
Romney 31%
Rice 31%
McCain 18%
Paul  10%
Giuliani 4%
Huckabee 3%

A tight race is expected. Rice will generate a high turnout in African-Americans in the urban areas while Romney will get votes for his father’s governorship and a home state advantage. It will be extremely close and due to the fact its an open primary there is expected to be a high Democratic switchover just for voting.

“I am here today to give my endorsement. For many years America has said no to the status quo. We said no to tyranny, we said no to oppression, we said no to a solid decisions and took risks that would pay off. That’s why I’m saying no to the average, no to the standard and am endorsing Condoleezza Rice! She will be our next President and I’m asking all of you to say no to the boring, safe candidates and say yes to one that will actually pay off! Vote Condi 2008
!”

Rudy Giuliani’s endorsement is a big boost for Condoleezza Rice. It gives her momentum to make Michigan even tighter and she does. Polls continually have her and Romney tied and a Rice victory could change the race from Romney likely to Romney vs. Rice tie. Exit polls reveal startling results for Mitt Romney:

MICHIGAN EXIT POLLS
Are you a republican, democrat, or independent?
Republican 57%
Democrat 23%
Independent 20%

How are you voting?
Rice 32%
Romney 31%
McCain 20%
Paul 14%
Huckabee 3%

Early Michigan results 2% Reporting
Romney 33%
Rice 32%
McCain 15%
Paul 15%
Huckabee <1%

This is truly a historic election, the fact the Republican Party could beat the Democrats in having both the 1st female and the 1st African-American nominee is substantial considering the Democrats usually consider themselves more diverse”- Wolf Blitzer on CNN’s election coverage

Michigan Results 27% Reporting
Rice 33%
Romney 33%
McCain 17%
Paul 15%
Huckabee 2%

“Thanks to all my supporters here, now we move on to South Carolina, where their will be a victory for us!”-Mike Huckabee

Does Huckabee even have a relevant argument as to why he’s staying in the race? He trails Condoleezza Rice by around 20 points.”- Rachael Maddow on NBC’s election coverage

The fight for liberty moves to Nevada! We will show everyone that America will stand with it’s Constitution, Liberty, and basic freedoms.”- Ron Paul

The fact that this election is close shows that America is willing to say yes to a brighter future, our best days our not behind us but are in our future!”- Condoleezza Rice

Lets say no to Washington insiders and yes to true, honest, and simple solutions. The governments choking America with its over regulating and that’s not O.K.”-Romney

We are finally able at this late hour to call the Michigan Primaries in favor of Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts.”- Wolf Blitzer, CNN

Michigan Results 98% Reporting
Mitt Romney 33.65%
Condoleezza Rice 33.45%
John McCain 17%
Ron Paul 15%
Mike Huckabee 4%

Rice has been able to survive through the early states which are safe Romney proving, in my opinion, she has the upper hand in the nomination.”- Bill O’Reilly

The fact that Michigan was extremely close is a big boost for Rice considering Romney was raised there and his father was governor there. Other campaigns such as Senator McCain’s and Governor Huckabee’s pledged privately that they would go until either to South Carolina or Florida vote unless there is a major change in direction. Rice and Romney are now viewed to be duking it out for America’s nomination.

Primaries map:

Mitt Romney 71 delegates
Condoleezza Rice 13 delegates

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

The Race then moves south to South Carolina and west to Nevada. Polling showed that the winners would be Romney in Nevada and Rice in South Carolina, both with substantial margins.

South Carolina
Rice 42%
Romney 22%
Huckabee 21%
McCain 10%
Paul 5%

Nevada
Romney 37%
Rice 23%
Paul 18%
McCain 12%
Huckabee 4%

President Kerry would made several controversial comments at a D.C. fundraising dinner. He called the Republicans “childish” and “irresponsible in every way”

Rice especially would respond with a speech saying “I believe the President seeks to ridicule the Republicans because he believes it will scare them from voting. Well, he thought wrong, lets show the President his comments won’t dampen our spirits but will rekindle them giving us greater enthusiasm then the president would’ve though possible.

Based on polls and fundraising I will now be ending my campaign for President. In our current standpoint its not realistic for me to continue campaigning and further delaying our party’s nomination. An endorsement will be forthcoming. Thanks for your support and God Bless America.”- John McCain ends his bid for the presidency in a surprise move. Although his polling was lower then expected most pundits believed he’d last at least until the South Carolina Primaries. It is highly unclear who, if anyone, he will endorse.

And then there were 4…..”- New York Times

Another one bites the dust!”- Chicago Tribune

The final scheduled GOP Debate was held on January 17th. Rice and Romney continually made jabs at each other while Paul and Huckabee faded to the back. Yet again it was viewed to have done more harm then help and it would hurt national polling.

The New electoral college map with swing states was released for Kerry vs. a generic Republican. It is expected to be a tight rice with more states than usual switching party allegiance.

“Tonight, we head into the first multi-state night in the Republican Party so far in this election cycle. Will we see a Rice victory, a Romney victory or both we’ll way in to bring all the best coverage here live on CNN
.”-Wolf Blitzer

We are now able to make an extremely early, but confident call. Condoleezza Rice will carry the state of South Carolina, theres a high African American turnout coupled with Rice being viewed as a more conservative candidate than Romney. Huckabee fades to 3rd and this is a huge blow for him.”-Anderson Cooper

South Carolina 1% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 51%
Mitt Romney 32%
Mike Huckabee 11%
Ron Paul 6%

“We already have 1 victory tonight! Thank you South Carolina! Now lets pull one off in Nevada!”- Condoleezza Rice, Columbia SC

“This isn’t the outcome I was expecting, I will be evaluating the future of my campaign and will speak about what my plans are tomorrow morning”- Mike Huckabee, Myrtle Beach SC

Polls are now closing in Nevada, we’ll now show you both of the results side by side.”-WB

South Carolina 69% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 53%
Mitt Romney 31%
Mike Huckabee 10%
Ron Paul 6%

Nevada 3% Reporting
Mitt Romney 42%
Condoleezza Rice 34%
Ron Paul 16%
Mike Huckabee 8%

Its for this reason we project the state of Nevada will go to Governor Romney, not as large as Rice’s victory in South Carolina, but a victory nonetheless.”

The GOP Primary Map

Mitt Romney 89 delegates

Condoleezza Rice 50 delegates
(Rice won proportionally in Nevada)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 10:42:27 PM »

“It’s over for me in this election. I will endorse our party’s eventual nominee. Thank you to all of my supporters because of you we were able to spread our message across this great nation. Tomorrow will bring an even brighter future when our party unseats President Kerry from our nation’s highest office.”- Mike Huckabee ends his campaign in Little Rock.

Just 3 days following the Nevada and South Carolina Elections Louisiana’s took place. Rice took a commanding lead and won 1st place and was estimated to receive all the delegates.

Louisiana Caucuses 99% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 67%
Mitt Romney 23%
Mike Huckabee 7%
Ron Paul 3%

Huckabee had 2nd place in most polls but following his loss in South Carolina and his exit from the race the support largely went to Rice. That, coupled with continued high African-American enthusiasm lead to a landslide in her favor.

Hawaii’s 11 day caucuses opened just 3 days later. Results eventually lead to a tight race but a Romney victory.

Hawaii Caucuses 100% Reporting
Mitt Romney 49%
Condoleezza Rice 45%
Ron Paul 6%

Now the race entered the most anticipated contest before Super Tuesday, Florida. The state was going to be close and both campaigns knew it. Romney arrange large ad buys in the Southern Section while Rice had tours and townhalls around the Panhandle. Polls showed a literal tie:

Florida Primary Polling
Romney- 44%
Rice- 44%
Paul 3%

The first large attacks would be released with Rice called Romney “a phony” due to his change in stance on some issues. In return Romney spent thousands on negative ads in an attempt to frame Rice as inexperienced and unprepared for the job. Rice would respond saying “Out of the 2 of us who actually has had time in the White House?” The state was a winner-take-all and was also used for high amounts of speculation as being “the stepping stone to the nomination, it was clear both campaigns were going on regardless it was just to determine who got the momentum.

“The time is here, the people have voted and the polls will be closing shortly, who will carry Florida the most coveted contest so far.”- Anderson Cooper

“And we now have some early results. These are expected to favor Gov. Romney due to his popularity in the Southern half of the state while Rice is favored to win the north.”- Brian Williams

Florida Primary 6% Reporting
Mitt Romney 48%
Condoleezza Rice 46%
Ron Paul 6%

Now the entire state is closed but we are still unable to make any sort of call. This just shows the varying demographic across the state of Florida and also the competing ideologies.”

Florida Primary 79% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 46.7%
Mitt Romney 46.3%
Ron Paul 7%

Thank you Florida, the closeness of this race just goes to show America is sick and tired of standard, bland politicians like Mitt Romney. Its time to change the way we view Washington, from our enemy to our friend.!”

“Boy this is close, I’d like to congratulate Ms. Rice for her showing here, but I believe the results will show that America wants a different nominee.”

“Its now midnight, nearing the end of our broadcast we are finally able to make a call….. Rice wins Florida, I repeat Rice will carry the state of Florida. The panhandle continues to provide the majority of Rice’s votes while Romney counties in the southern section are done counting.”- Brian Williams

Florida Primary 100% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 46.8%
Mitt Romney 46.2%
Ron Paul 7%

Now all America can do is watch for Super Tuesday. It’ll be close and that I can say without a doubt.

Primary Map
Condoleezza Rice 120 Delegates
Mitt Romney 109 Delegates
Mike Huckabee 10 Delegates
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

Shirt update but likely only one over the weekend.....

From February 1st to February 3rd the Maine Caucuses were held. Romney managed to win, but not by the huge margin he expected.

Maine Caucuses 100% Reporting
Mitt Romney 51%
Condoleezza Rice 46%
Ron Paul 3%

Today, I’m ending my campaign. The Media has ignored me and my message so its not plausible for this race to continue for me. As for my future, I don’t have any clue what role ,if any, I’ll play in this race. Thank You.”- Ron Paul in Dallas, Texas.

The media largely looked forward towards Super Tuesday following Congressman Paul’s suspension of his campaign. 21 states would be voting in this quasi-national primary.

States voting on Super Tuesday
Rice and Romney circled the country in an attempt to get every vote possible. Several states were considered “swing states” and they were: Alaska, Arizona, California, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, and Montana. Rice was expected to do well in the South and Romney in the Northeast. Every vote would matter.

Good evening, I’m Brian Williams and welcome to NBC’s election headquarters’ coverage of Super Tuesday 2008. Will we find out the Republican nominee of will the race chug on… only time will tell

“Polls have just closed in Georgia and we are now able to make our first call of the evening. Condoleezza Rice will carry Georgia an expected win but a win nonetheless. Lets look at the results there so far. Keep in mind this is only a few suburbs of Atlanta so far, Rice’s number will likely go up:”

Georgia Primary 2% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 68%
Mitt Romney 32%

“Its now 8:30 here in New York and we are going to make another call…….. Rice wins West Virginia, I repeat Condoleezza Rice will carry West Virginia:

West Virginia Primary:
Condoleezza Rice 59%
Mitt Romney 40%

“Coming up, the largest poll closing of the evening with 8 states reporting simultaneously. Stay tuned here at NBC.”

Primary Map Early Super Tuesday
Condoleezza Rice 222 Delegates
Mitt Romney 109 Delegates

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

“Welcome back to NBC’s Super Tuesday coverage, 2008. I’m Brian Williams, tonight is the ultimate face-off between Rice and Romney, 2 candidates that have shown in this cycle to be quite formidable. We’re just minutes away from the largest poll closing off the evening.”

…….
Here we go… NBC is able to make several projections: Condoleeezza Rice will carry her home state of Alabama along with Oklahoma and Tennessee. No surprises there. As for Governor Romney we project he will carry his place of office Massachusetts along with Connecticut and New Jersey. Delaware and Missouri are both to close to call at the moment.”

Alabama Primary 3% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 74%
Mitt Romney 26%

Oklahoma Primary 1% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 59%
Mitt Romney 41%

Tennessee Primary 4% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 62%
Mitt Romney 38%

Massachusetts Primary 2% Reporting
Mitt Romney 61%
Condoleezza Rice 39%

Connecticut Primary <1% Reporting
Mitt Romney 57%
Condoleezza Rice 43%

New Jersey Primary 5% Reporting
Mitt Romney 58%
Condoleezza Rice 41%

Delaware Primary 4% Reporting
Mitt Romney 51%
Condoleezza Rice 49%

Missouri Primary 6% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 50%
Mitt Romney 50%

“Rice has so far carried 5 states compared to Romney’s 3. However its not over yet we have more poll closings coming up. Stay tuned.”

Primary Map
Condoleezza Rice 366 Delegates
Mitt Romney 234 Delegates

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »

Its official! this timeline will go until 2012!!!!! Thanks for voting guys!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 04:34:35 PM »

Its official! this timeline will go until 2012!!!!! Thanks for voting guys!

Awesome!  Keep it coming!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »

Welcome back to NBC’s upper Tuesday Election coverage. 2 states still too close to call and 9 more that’ll be closing over the next few hours. This is truly an exciting race.”

“We are just moments away from receiving votes from another state Arkansas. But first, we are now able to make a call for its northern neighbor Missouri. Condoleezza Rice will carry the state of Missouri, not unexpected but still a big boost to her delegate count….. 3 minutes and counting to Arkansas. Stay tuned.”

Missouri Primary 21% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 55%
Mitt Romney 44%

Rice sweeps the South tonight as we now are calling the state of Arkansas for the former National Security Advisor. Quite significant. However to nights not over yet. Only a half hour until results from here in New York, North Dakota, Arizona, and Colorado give us their results.

Arkansas Primary 2% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 58%
Mitt Romney 40%

“This continued Primary is hurting the Party’s chances this November am I right Andrea?”-BW

“Not necessarily, remember Brian, President Kerry has extremely low approval ratings because he hasn’t delivered on all his campaign promises. People are frustrated and ,unfortunately for the Democrats they’re turning towards the Republicans as the solution.”- AM

“And here goes Delaware, another state into the Rice column, a bit of a shocker but not that much. Rice’s states have closed earlier than most Romney states do but still, yet another state. Rice is expected to speak shortly after the next poll closings from Atlanta but we may be waiting a while for Romney’s because he’s on the West Coast in Los Angeles.”

Delaware Primary 53% Reporting
Condoleezza Rice 57%
Mitt Romney 43%

“Our 2nd largest batch is now closed, here we go. For Gov. Romney we project New York, Arizona, and North Dakota. He picks up 3 states while Rice picks up zero because Colorado is now in the too close to call section.”

New York Primary 3% Reporting
Mitt Romney 64%
Condoleezza Rice 35%

Arizona Presidential Preference Election 4% Reporting
Mitt Romney 54%
Condoleezza Rice 44%

North Dakota Caucuses 2% Reporting
Mitt Romney 54%
Condoleezza Rice 45%

Colorado Caucuses <1% Reporting
Mitt Romney 52%
Condoleezza Rice 47%