Your opinion of this person? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your opinion of this person? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your opinion of this person?
FF
HP
Liar
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Your opinion of this person?  (Read 18787 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 18, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »

My favorite part is the instant knee jerk hatred the left has for this guy/gal.  Hard work and thinking things through doesn't work for 100% of people who try it, but it does for 90....95% of them.  You can keep telling yourself it doesn't, I'm sure it makes you feel better.

You may now return to your hating and recreational outrage.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »

That's some good hating and outrage!  And sarcasm?  Color me impressed!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »

A.I never suggested one knows everything by age 17 or that not knowing everything should damn you to mediocrity
2.I basically agree with the rest of your post
III.my point was that you and your friends think that hard work and not blowing your money on stupid sh**t won't get you anywhere in life, which is fine, you have a right to be wrong and the more people who sit on their ass feeling sorry for themselves the better off those that bust their ass are (and by the way, I'm much more of ass sitter than an ass buster).  You can think that way if you want, you certainly won't be the first or last.  It's a powerful defense mechanism for your id.  I was laughing at the instant anger the site of someone succeeding brings out in you.  The excuses you guys come up with.  It's all very funny to me.
Four.But there is no point in me defending this guy/gal.  Some of you will come around one day, but it won't be me that turns on that light.  Life experiences will probably do it, or possibly a change of spiel by someone you like and respect.  But not me or someone like me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »

So let me remind all serious people out there, the problem with the OP is not he is a hard-worker but that he boasts of being in the 1% and implies that those that aren't are lazy. He is a moral wazzle. And pretty typical of the self-proclaimed wealth creater class.
I don't think the kid was trying to say he/she was part of the 1%.  The way I read it was that he/she was not part of the "99%".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »

So let me remind all serious people out there, the problem with the OP is not he is a hard-worker but that he boasts of being in the 1% and implies that those that aren't are lazy. He is a moral wazzle. And pretty typical of the self-proclaimed wealth creator class.
I don't think the kid was trying to say he/she was part of the 1%.  The way I read it was that he/she was not part of the "99%".

Maybe so, but is that something worth boasting about? Something worth developing a sense of superiority on?
If he/she considers the "99%" to be a bunch of lazy jerkoffs blocking traffic and destroying the bathrooms of local establishments, sure, why not?  Would it be any worse than the superiority shown in this thread going in the other direction?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies