Your opinion of this person? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:53:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your opinion of this person? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your opinion of this person?
FF
HP
Liar
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Your opinion of this person?  (Read 18849 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »

So let me remind all serious people out there, the problem with the OP is not he is a hard-worker but that he boasts of being in the 1% and implies that those that aren't are lazy. He is a moral wazzle. And pretty typical of the self-proclaimed wealth creator class.
I don't think the kid was trying to say he/she was part of the 1%.  The way I read it was that he/she was not part of the "99%".

Maybe so, but is that something worth boasting about? Something worth developing a sense of superiority on?

I don't think that's a charitable interpretation of the sign. I would interpret it as saying "I'm not part of the OWS movement and do not share their ideals" which here is short-handed as saying "I'm not the 99%"

You're assuming that the person is using 99% the way the OWS movement does (i.e. the bottom 99% of the wealth distribution). Given the context I doubt that.

The "...and whether or not you are is YOUR decision" suggests otherwise. Of course it's your decision whether or not you take part to OWS, but it is so obvious that it wouldn't be worth saying. Rather, it seems to imply that the poor are poor because of their own laziness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies