NC-Rasmussen: McCrory (R) with a healthy lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:57:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NC-Rasmussen: McCrory (R) with a healthy lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Rasmussen: McCrory (R) with a healthy lead  (Read 954 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »

North Carolina Governor: McCrory (R) 50%, Dalton (D) 41%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_governor_elections/north_carolina/election_2012_north_carolina_governor
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »

Sounds about right for Rasmussen.
EmersonAdams
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »

Yeah, this looks to me like typical Rasmussen. I don't doubt that McCrory is ahead, but probably by only 5 or 6 points. This race has real potential to be competitive.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

I honestly doubt very much that this race will be anywhere close to competitive. When I was in NC and McCrory lost it was because people were just a little wary of his potentially Charlotte-centric agenda, a fair reason to be concerned. But there were very few people I knew of that really disagreed with him and very many were disappointed that he had to run in the one election he'd lose. I would put money on him winning by a margin close to this.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

I honestly doubt very much that this race will be anywhere close to competitive. When I was in NC and McCrory lost it was because people were just a little wary of his potentially Charlotte-centric agenda, a fair reason to be concerned. But there were very few people I knew of that really disagreed with him and very many were disappointed that he had to run in the one election he'd lose. I would put money on him winning by a margin close to this.
I think part of the reason McCory lost to Perdue in 2008 was because Obama being on top of the ballot. I don't think Obama is going to have the momentum to win NC this time around. Romney being on the top of the ballot will benefit McCory.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

Looks about right

I would actually expect to have McCrory leading by more given how unpopular Purdue is.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »

McCrory will win. And honestly, he should win. I'm not talking about policy either. The NC Republicans haven't won a Gubernatorial election since 1988. It's about time for a correction.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »

McCrory will win. And honestly, he should win. I'm not talking about policy either. The NC Republicans haven't won a Gubernatorial election since 1988. It's about time for a correction.

So you're hoping McKenna wins in WA too?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

Up until Edwards won in 1998 until 2004 when the senate seat switched GOP, NC often than not voted on the state level Democratic.  But on the federal level with the Bush landslide in 2004 notwithstanding 2008, the exception it was a reliable GOP state with the Jesse Helms factor.  WA on the other hand had evenly divided state legislatures, but have always sent Dems to the senate and a reliable Democratic state. It will be a squeaker but Inslee should win.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »

Up until Edwards won in 1998 until 2004 when the senate seat switched GOP, NC often than not voted on the state level Democratic.  But on the federal level with the Bush landslide in 2004 notwithstanding 2008, the exception it was a reliable GOP state with the Jesse Helms factor.  WA on the other hand had evenly divided state legislatures, but have always sent Dems to the senate and a reliable Democratic state. It will be a squeaker but Inslee should win.

I'd like to introduce you to voter fatigue.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies