Arizona Secretary of State likely to remove Obama from Nov. ballot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:22:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Arizona Secretary of State likely to remove Obama from Nov. ballot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona Secretary of State likely to remove Obama from Nov. ballot  (Read 6894 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 18, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »

He''ll have a talkin to by someone in high power and change the story arouund and dismiss it like most people do.

That would either be the US Supreme Court or the Attorney General if the United States.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »

I wonder if another candidate would promise his/her electors to Obama in exchange for influence/notoriety if Obama were dropped from the AZ ballot.

...only if a Supreme Court decision declared that election of the President could never be guaranteed as a free and competitive process. Otherwise it is a high-risk action that might
lead to a disputed election.  I can't see any language in the Constitution that guarantees that States must elect the President through fair process; what would stop a State from determining how it casts its votes based on something so suspect as a coin toss, let alone a decree of the Governor?

Such would make a travesty of the idea of the President as an elected leader. The President's credibility would be suspect upon inauguration, as would any VP. The person who did that could easily find himself in the legal position of Rod Blagojevich.

I don't know how effective a formal non-partisan treatment of the electoral process would work. Non-partisan like the election of the Supreme Court of Michigan? In practice the parties all but endorse the judges.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies