I've had enough
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:00:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I've had enough
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I've had enough  (Read 2884 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2005, 12:32:55 PM »

While Andrew's last time on may have been the 14th he has posted much more in the forum than either Lord Traldan or IrishDem. IrishDem has only posted three sentences in the Fantasy Elections forum since New Years and Traldhan is on for a bit and then doesn't come back for a while. She's only been on twice, on the 5th and the 15th, in January.

IrishDem is just avoiding the fantasy boards on words from his superiors in the AFDNC who don't want that mess being brought up again because it hurts their election chances.

They're either waiting until they can register enough voters to make it irrelevent or waiting until the situation has totally passed from peoples minds, whichever happens first.

This thread is hilarious b*llsh**t, excuse my French.  Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2005, 12:34:17 PM »

Interesting. I'd be happy to co-operate with it if it's launched (though not join o/c).
Basically picks up where the old AFIP (who I had a deal with) left off, right?

I've had enough of the following things:

3. The sickening hypocrisy of some extremely senior people here
6. ALL THOSE G CROOKED SECRET DEALS

I don't see your point. The ILP was affliated to the AFIP. This was done pretty openly and there was no shady deals involved (and there couldn't have been: I don't have AIM and there was no IM thing on the forum back then).
I'm not opposed to alliances etc, what I HATE is people doing things behind closed doors so to speak.

So you support crooked deals, you just want everyone to know about them?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »

Interesting. I'd be happy to co-operate with it if it's launched (though not join o/c).

I don't see your point. The ILP was affliated to the AFIP. This was done pretty openly and there was no shady deals involved (and there couldn't have been: I don't have AIM and there was no IM thing on the forum back then).
I'm not opposed to alliances etc, what I HATE is people doing things behind closed doors so to speak.

It'll be like the good ol'days of the unions, anyone who knows about what's going on and rats on his friend gets whacked.

Of course, everyone will know about it then.  I wonder what that means.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 12:43:41 PM »

1. I don't do crooked deals. The old Democratic party had just collapsed, the AFIP (the creation of which I supported) was too right wing for me economically and I didn't want to join the UL for some reason (I forget why). A one man band party affiliated to a larger party made sense to me at the time.
2. If people do make crooked deals I'd like them to be out in the open.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is anyone else here also amused by the self-appointed "union man" here complaining about the use of secret deals and corruption?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »

7. Silly grudges
9. Mike Naso
10. Extreme hypocrisy

On a completely unrelated question, why do you hate Mike Naso?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 12:59:51 PM »

7. Silly grudges
9. Mike Naso
10. Extreme hypocrisy

I don't. I'm just sick of his act.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 01:01:13 PM »

7. Silly grudges
9. Mike Naso
10. Extreme hypocrisy

His act?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »

7. Silly grudges
9. Mike Naso
10. Extreme hypocrisy

His act?

Um... it is an act... isn't?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 01:11:20 PM »

7. Silly grudges
9. Mike Naso
10. Extreme hypocrisy

His act?

Um... it is an act... isn't?

No, I am 95% sure he is serious about everything.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »

He is seriously obsessed with the weather, obviously, because if you search 'Mike Naso' or, especially, Floydbuster, you'll find plenty of things! (and you'll find he was booted from some weather show because the audience didn't like him Wink)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 01:16:09 PM »

Stop this Naso bashing! He wants to get things done and you guys are just trying to stand in his way! I guess Al has never met "Big Dog"  Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 01:30:23 PM »

Stop this Naso bashing! He wants to get things done and you guys are just trying to stand in his way! I guess Al has never met "Big Dog"  Tongue

Big Dog?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 01:42:03 PM »

Big Dog?

You don't want to mess with "Big Dog." He called me Philly Cheesesteak once. I was scared.

Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 01:45:51 PM »

He is seriously obsessed with the weather, obviously, because if you search 'Mike Naso' or, especially, Floydbuster, you'll find plenty of things! (and you'll find he was booted from some weather show because the audience didn't like him Wink)

Apparently,. he is treasurer of the National Communication Association Student Club of the University if Ohio.

http://www.ohiou.edu/~ncasc/executives.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »

Apparently,. he is treasurer of the National Communication Association Student Club of the University if Ohio.

That's another Naso. BUT There is only ONE TRUE, RED, WHITE AND BLUE MIKE NASO. And he's gonna pull a win!

(CHEERS)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2005, 01:58:59 PM »

That's another Naso. BUT There is only ONE TRUE, RED, WHITE AND BLUE MIKE NASO. And he's gonna pull a win!

(CHEERS)

(LAUGHTER)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »

While Andrew's last time on may have been the 14th he has posted much more in the forum than either Lord Traldan or IrishDem. IrishDem has only posted three sentences in the Fantasy Elections forum since New Years and Traldhan is on for a bit and then doesn't come back for a while. She's only been on twice, on the 5th and the 15th, in January.
In Irish's defense, it was his senate seat that was up for election.    When so many of Atlasia's government officials resign, they often vote for their replacement, and then fade away.  I'm sure for Irish,  being on the forums just didn't seem fun anymore, considering the manner in which he left.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2005, 07:36:24 PM »

In Irish's defense, it was his senate seat that was up for election.    When so many of Atlasia's government officials resign, they often vote for their replacement, and then fade away.  I'm sure for Irish,  being on the forums just didn't seem fun anymore, considering the manner in which he left.

IrishDem (now Flyers2005) has been pretty active on the forum itself even after the scandal.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2005, 07:38:35 PM »

IrishDem (now Flyers2005) has been pretty active on the forum itself even after the scandal.
Really?  I haven't noticed.  Must be one of those things where someone is posting, but another person simply doesen't see the person's posts and says "so and so is inactive" even though they aren't. 

Still debating PA 13 Phil? Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 07:46:10 PM »

Still debating PA 13 Phil? Smiley

It's died down but will pick up soon. Those that wish to run for the seat will start announcing their intentions by December of this year. Debate about PA 13  2006 will probably start around Oct. or Nov. For now, it's off and on.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 11:55:21 PM »

Funny thread.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2005, 08:26:53 AM »

Perhaps they have gone on to become active, but at the time so many were new and were just voting based on the color of the avatar and not the content of the candidate's character. I hope that at least some of them have changed that viewpoint over time.

The fact that NixonNow is tolerated by anyone on this forum is an indictment on all of our character. That having been said, at least he could *perhaps* lay a physiological claim to being a human being, which is more than can be said for "Girlgonewild (D-PA)".

And going back to the D4 election, how active is KatieG? Does Democratic Hawk say anything other than "I'm a Democrat, and I'll only vote Democrat"? But hey, their votes seemed to be more important to you than to Harry himself.

In all fairness, the vast majority of the voters in D1 who voted for Bulldog and True Democrat have gone on to be quite active, as has True Dem himself. So again, I say, would you like to actually name names, or do you like to hind behind generalities and make accusations with no evidence to back them up? These are completely baseless charges, and everyone likes to talk about all of these supposedly inactive voters, but no one has actually said who they are.

If you'd like, I can come up with the list of people who voted for these two, and perhaps that would make it more clear. You can go through one by one and give your opinions of them.

Bulldog isn't as active, but he is definitely around and posts a fair amount.

For the record, the fact that NixonNow was one of Supersoulty's voters doesn't seem to bother his supporters much....

I completely respect that you think that Supersoulty and Andrew were the better candidates, but your lack of respect for those who have a different opinion than yourself is startling.

I didn't support KatieG's vote on a moral level. I don't believe that people who never post on the Forum at all should be allowed to vote. That being said, the vote itself was clearly legal, based on the letter of the law, though I agree it shouldn't have been allowed by the spirit of the law. I posted that before in response to you the last time you talked about KatieG's vote.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't see that post, rather than try to say that you just make blatant assumptions about my beliefs without looking at the facts.

Democratic Hawk is quite active in other parts of the Forum, and I don't recall him ever saying that he'd only vote for Democrats. If you can find the quote, I'll stand corrected.

Of course, his vote was technically legal, too, since there is no prohibition against vote editing in Senate races. That fact was conveniently overlooked by those who advocated for a strict letter of the law interpretation and "upholding the sanctity of the election laws".

GirlGoneWild didn't vote, and no one supported allowing "her" to vote, so I fail to see how this is relevant to the current discussion. I also fail to see how the fact that the AFDNC did not tolerate this attempt at voter fraud is somehow an indictment of our party. Guilt by association doesn't make much sense, especially if the people being found guilty under this principle have openly admonished the abhorrent behavior in question.

All of the people listed as being "inactive" are quite active in other areas on the Forum. I strongly support the Fantasy Elections being a part of the larger Forum, not a seperate entity in and of themselves. That was the original intention, and as long as a member actively posts on the larger Forum, I see no problem at all with them voting in the Fantasy Elections.

That's not even to mention the fact that just because someone doesn't post in the Fantasy Elections doesn't mean that they aren't following what's going on. Some people are more extroverted than others, and post more often than others. Sometimes people just like to read a lot, but don't feel that they have any unique opinion that is worth sharing at that time. I don't see why these people shouldn't be allowed to participate, or why their vote somehow is less important or less valuable than anyone else's.

Plus, most of the candidates for office post elsewhere on the Forum, as well, so people who post on other areas of the Forum will know the person's ideology and positons on issues pretty well by reading those posts.

I also don't see what Harry's opinion has to do with anything, I'm not going to base my own personal principles in any way on what Harry's opinions are. I don't see any reason why I should.

Even at the time, most of the D1 voters were already active, I remember specifically bringing up the list and pointing it out in a discussion with John Ford.

Above all, I still see no evidence for your assertion that these voters voted only on the basis of the avatar color, and not on the content of the candidate's positions on the issues. Leaving aside for a minute that voters can vote on any basis that they want to, I would never have so much hubris as to think that I can get inside the mind of a voter and determine, without them telling me or giving me any direct indication, why they voted the way they did.

As I've said several times, I have complete respect for the fact that in your opinion, Supersoulty and Andrew were the best candidates, and you have every right to attempt to convince other people of this. But to begin to say that those who don't vote the way you'd like them to are somehow less legitimate in your eyes, and their votes should carry less weight, is an extreme affront to the core principles of democracy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2005, 03:17:35 PM »

Perhaps they have gone on to become active, but at the time so many were new and were just voting based on the color of the avatar and not the content of the candidate's character. I hope that at least some of them have changed that viewpoint over time.

The fact that NixonNow is tolerated by anyone on this forum is an indictment on all of our character. That having been said, at least he could *perhaps* lay a physiological claim to being a human being, which is more than can be said for "Girlgonewild (D-PA)".

And going back to the D4 election, how active is KatieG? Does Democratic Hawk say anything other than "I'm a Democrat, and I'll only vote Democrat"? But hey, their votes seemed to be more important to you than to Harry himself.

In all fairness, the vast majority of the voters in D1 who voted for Bulldog and True Democrat have gone on to be quite active, as has True Dem himself. So again, I say, would you like to actually name names, or do you like to hind behind generalities and make accusations with no evidence to back them up? These are completely baseless charges, and everyone likes to talk about all of these supposedly inactive voters, but no one has actually said who they are.

If you'd like, I can come up with the list of people who voted for these two, and perhaps that would make it more clear. You can go through one by one and give your opinions of them.

Bulldog isn't as active, but he is definitely around and posts a fair amount.

For the record, the fact that NixonNow was one of Supersoulty's voters doesn't seem to bother his supporters much....

I completely respect that you think that Supersoulty and Andrew were the better candidates, but your lack of respect for those who have a different opinion than yourself is startling.

GirlGoneWild didn't vote, and no one supported allowing "her" to vote, so I fail to see how this is relevant to the current discussion. I also fail to see how the fact that the AFDNC did not tolerate this attempt at voter fraud is somehow an indictment of our party. Guilt by association doesn't make much sense, especially if the people being found guilty under this principle have openly admonished the abhorrent behavior in question.

But "she" would have voted. "She" almost got away with it. If it wasn't for a few members like myself, this would have been ignored. People in your party knew about it and if it wasn't for their criticism and the criticism from others, we would have had an illegal ballot casted.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2005, 04:11:03 PM »

A high-ranking officially supported member of the AFDNC comitted fraud and your party leaders knew about it but did not tell the public at first. It's impossible to see why that would reflect badly on the party... Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies