Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:09:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned  (Read 10298 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

Amen!!!

The reason I agree is look at Jerusalem now- Christians and Muslims can enter and worship. Look at Mecca- only Muslims are permitted toenter. East Jerusalem has sites holy to many faiths and I worry what the result of Palestinian control would be for worshipers

Palestinians are fairly moderate Islamists, unlike the Saudis.

I think I've heard that in terms of religious praxis even Hamas is more moderate than the House of Saud, even though they're obviously more extreme in the political sense. Is there any truth to this?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »

Hamas hasn't restricted women's suffrage (Women were not allowed to vote at all in Saudi Arabia's meaningless municipal elections until like two years ago), grants driver's licenses to women (not done in Saudi Arabia with the reasoning being it'd make it easier for them to be adulterous) and hasn't banned all non-Islamic religions.

That's what I thought but I was in the middle of something an hour and a half ago and couldn't go and look up specific examples. Thanks.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

Amen!!!

The reason I agree is look at Jerusalem now- Christians and Muslims can enter and worship. Look at Mecca- only Muslims are permitted toenter. East Jerusalem has sites holy to many faiths and I worry what the result of Palestinian control would be for worshipers

Palestinians are fairly moderate Islamists, unlike the Saudis.
please tell that to my cousin who was shot at and had one of her good friends murdered by a terrorist.
please tell that to another one of my cousins who was injured with his wife in a suicide bombing.

any other lies you want to spread?

Some Palestians in the Hamas are killing people for political reasons, therefore, all Palestinians are bad.
Some White Americans in the KKK were killing people for political reasons, therefore, all White Americans are bad.

It's a bit unfair, no?
Fatah also has many suicide bombings.

and yes if the KKK condoned the murders and the KKK won many seats in congress then yes most White Americans are bad.

and lets try to use the word "murdering"

but this is why I don't normally comment on these issues why argue with anti semites who would love to see me dead.

You're not arguing with any anti-Semites who would love to see you dead. Not agreeing with the principle that a specific country that you favor and that favors your ethnoreligious group has the right to sole control of a specific city does not make somebody an anti-Semite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies