Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned  (Read 10272 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: May 20, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

Amen!!!

The reason I agree is look at Jerusalem now- Christians and Muslims can enter and worship. Look at Mecca- only Muslims are permitted toenter. East Jerusalem has sites holy to many faiths and I worry what the result of Palestinian control would be for worshipers

Palestinians are fairly moderate Islamists, unlike the Saudis.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2012, 03:35:58 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

anyone who writes this is a idiot or Anti Semite
You must be logged in to read this quote.

this has nothing o do with politics even hard core Satmar who hate Israel would never say something so idiotic.

though maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge him and just assume he someone who is to stupid to tie his own shoe laces.   But if he has even the slightest amount of intelligence then he's a viscous anti semite who would like to see me dead.
You are truly an idiot among idiots. Before you demonize me as a "anti semite", please know that I WORK for a Jewish American who is running for Congress, and I disagree strongly with him on Israel. That does not make me an anti-semite. And before I came to Christ, I WAS an anti-semite, mainly from dealing with people like you. I think Israel reaps what it sows, just like America did with 9/11, Britain did with the Mau Mau in Kenya, and Napoleon when he attacked Russia.

I am sorry for your cousin’s loss. I cannot claim to know the horror your family went through, and I understand your passion (if indeed this did happen and is not a bunch of lies on the internet), but the fact is, if Israel did not oppress Palestine over the last 60+ years, that bombing would not have occurred.

BTW, “to stupid to tie his own shoes” should be TOO stupid. A grammar lesson from me..well, you’re in a pretty deep hole.

I deserve an infraction for this post, and I apologize to afleitch, as he just warned against it. But I had to respond to this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »

Jerusalem should have been put under UN sovereignty in 1948 because it is a holy city for three major religions, but that didn't happen and its water under the bridge. Today Jerusalem belongs to Israel by the right of conquest and is surrounded by Israeli suburbs. There is no point in clinging to the dated idea, that East Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine.
You guys may be right, that there will never be peace in the area as long as Jerusalem is united, but you might as well say, that the there will never be peace before the Palestinians start to get realistic about Jerusalem. Other peoples have had to give up important historical cities and areas and live with it. Konstantinopel is no longer Greek, Karelia is no longer Finnish, most of Armenia including the holy mountain Ararat is in Turkey etc.  In the same way the Palestinians will at some point have to give up the idea that Jerusalem belongs to them.
On the issue of Jerusalem itself, I would agree with this point. But, Palestine is a nation (not the Hamas government), and its wishes should at least be considered. If I were Israeli, I would prefer Tel Aviv as the capital for its geographic location anyways.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »

My point of brining in the House of Saud vs Palestine was a response to Clarence. I do not think a Palestinian government in control of East Jerusalem would block Christians and Jews from religous sites, which is what the Saudis do in Mecca.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »

My point of brining in the House of Saud vs Palestine was a response to Clarence. I do not think a Palestinian government in control of East Jerusalem would block Christians and Jews from religous sites, which is what the Saudis do in Mecca.

There are no non-Muslim religious sites in Mecca.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_segregation#Saudi_Arabia
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

The State of Israel: Lookin' for a handout.

Seriously, Israel is like that little kid who starts fights knowing his big brother will intervene to save his ass. One of these days Israel will reap what she has sown.

It's the US that likes to bring in allies to fight its wars for them, Israel fights its wars alone.
True,  but Israel’s army is designed for short, blitzkrieg type conflicts. Hence wars like the "Six Day War" and the "October War". But, the rise of Islamist governments in Egypt, and potentially in Syria can only strengthen Iran’s military potential against Israel. While Egypt and Syria can be taken care of in the opening stages of such a war (Israel has not quit preparing for such a invasion even after peace was made with Sadat) , it does give Iranian troops (how Iranian troops would even get to the front is beyond me) a head start and can launch a counter offensive against the IDF.

I just had this debate today with my grandmother, who is very pro Israel. I, on the other hand, support Israel’s right to exist and defend herself, but not it’s right to expand any further. And if such a war broke out, and by a miracle, Israel is occupied, a second Holocaust  is not going to happen—the international repercussions would be massive. Tehran would be occupied by UN troops within a week. The same repercussions would be applied if Iran actually launched a nuclear weapon. So, all in all, Israel is in far less danger than the hardcore Zionist like to believe, and does not need to be as militaristic.

Israel will reap what it sows, and so will Iran. If Israel does not want to split Jerusalem, than Israel should expect the Palestinians to react violently, and if Palestinians don’t stop blowing themselves up, than they should not expect Israel to loosen its grip any time soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies