Predict AR & KY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:40:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict AR & KY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict AR & KY  (Read 8769 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 22, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »

Arkansas:

Obama High 50s

Romney High 60s

Kentucky

Obama Low 70s

Romney High 60s
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »

It's the last time I get up at 3am or so in the night to watch primary returns. Next time will be the conventions.

What about June 5th? You have Super Tuesday and the Wisconsin recall.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »

Everything is as I expected except for Obama's KY numbers. Ouch!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »

This is so sad to me. Yes, it's an embarrassment to Obama and the Democratic party, but I think it reflects more of the voters themselves.

You can call them hicks, racists, bigots, idiots, or what have you. And while I have to admit that prejudice probably plays a big role in their protest votes as opposed to any sort of difference in opinions on policy, I think the vote also reflects their desperation.

A lot of these people are still democrats because it's in the family. They come from a long line of Democratic party supporters and just haven't changed their registration. But these days, they not only feel neglected by the Democratic party but from America as well. The restructuring of America's economy (one based on manufacturing to one now based on tech/service/information) has left them behind and in a sorry state. And from a demographic standpoint, the "browning" of America hasn't affected their communities, especially in Appalachia, and they look on a more diverse nation as completely foreign and strange.

They're scared of the "new America," they feel neglected, and they see Obama as representative of a country that they just don't understand. And in response they've become more insular, backward and downright angry. And of course anger prompts us to do things that aren't so smart, like voting for a prison inmate over the president out of spite. I think Obama was right when he made the guns and religion comment.

if Obama is a good leader though, he will try to make things better for them, even if they refuse to give him any credit.

Very nice post. We already know Obama isn't a great president though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies