Predict AR & KY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict AR & KY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict AR & KY  (Read 8758 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 21, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2012, 12:56:16 PM by shua, gm »

KY:
Romney        63
Paul              14
Santorum      14
Gingrich          7
Uncommitted   2

Obama            71
Uncommitted   29

AR:
Romney        65
Santorum      15
Gingrich        13
Paul               7

Obama            47
Wolfe              28
Uncommitted   25
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »

I find it interesting that Romney did just about equally well in Kentucky and Arkansas (67 to 68%).  It seems like he was equally strong in urban and rural parts of Arkansas, while in Kentucky he was strongest in the urban areas and was held in the 50s percent wise in some rural counties.
Some of Romney's best counties in KY were in the eastern coalfields, such as Leslie where he got 74.5%.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »

Maybe my attitude is a bit patronizing. But if they want to act like children and vote for Keith Judd out of spite, then my natural attitude toward them will be patronizing.

And I think "Obama's war on coal" meme is spectacularly overblown. And why are Republicans trying to hammer this into the ground? Because it provides an excellent red herring for voters in West Virginia and Kentucky who already hate Obama.

The administration has tried to adjust coal regulations, but it's not based on a desire to wipe out the coal industry. It's one that promotes alternative energy sources and cleaner extraction of fossil fuels. And let's face it, the coal industry has not been to a friend to the environment.

Also, natural gas prices have become cheaper than coal which has hurt the industry. So market forces beyond Obama's control have probably done more to hurt the coal industry.
You think coal country voters care about whether Obama has a desire to wipe out the industry?  No, they only care about his policies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies