Predict AR & KY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:06:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Predict AR & KY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict AR & KY  (Read 8774 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »

Obama will do better in KY simply due to:

1. Eastern KY Democrats are still so loyal to the party that they'll vote for him anyway (at least Elliot)

2. Blacks/urban whites in Louisville and Lexington. Also, it's rumored that Republicans had a GOTV effort for Judd in order to embarrass Obama.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »

Not most of it, but Elliot, at least.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »

Also, 69% of precincts reporting right now in KY, and Obama's beating "uncommitted" 59-41%. Whew, that sure is a whole bunch of racists... #sarcasm

If you have a better reason for it I'd sure love to hear it. Smiley
I'd say the dire state of eastern Kentucky accounts for half of it.

People like Oakvale are the main reason I left the Democratic Party years ago. If you're not a supporter of President Obama, it can't be because of his record (or lack thereof), or because of the pathetic economic situation of Appalachian Kentucky...it  must be because they all hate black people. Such narrow thinking from such a progressive person, I presume.

I don't believe you were ever actually a Democrat, of course, but the idea that Obama's melanin content might be responsible for his unusally poor performance in traditionally Democratic white, working-class areas is hardly radical.

The usual response is something like "no, he's a poor cultural fit!", which is true, but is a bit of a crummy argument when you consider that John Kerry, the effete liberal aristocrat, won >70% landslides in the same states in '04.

EDIT: Also, no-one's ever actually said that strawman argument you posted. For the record.

Not that I feel the need to prove myself to you, but here: https://twitter.com/#!/Brand_Allen/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F75rs27 look at the fridge and read my 7 month old tweet. Still don't believe me? Still feel real smart right now?

Your Kerry-Obama comparison ignores the fact that Kerry wasn't running on a near unanimously disappointing economic record...Kerry had a blank slate and he was the only official candidate in the race when WV and KY voted. Nice try though. But even if they are racist, they're still your Democrats Smiley

Edited to note that the link doesnt work unless you're logged into twitter.

So why did Obama collapse in parts of WV and KY in 2008, when it was a bad economy under Republicans?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

RON PAUL WON A COUNTY!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

No he didn't.  The AP's tally doesn't match the Kentucky Elections website.  According to the latter, Romney received 227 votes in Trigg County, not 27.  Which makes more sense.

Thanks for ruining my day. Sad
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »

0bama is a racist himself, so point your fingers elsewhere. 

Please elaborate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies