NC Pastor: Lock up gays inside an electric fence until they die
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:23:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NC Pastor: Lock up gays inside an electric fence until they die
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NC Pastor: Lock up gays inside an electric fence until they die  (Read 2047 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 03:11:35 AM »

Both of those words are lacking to describe this intention.

i don't like to insult people, but this idea of his shall I say, "idiotic moronic".

People like this idiot pastor deserve to be insulted.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 04:03:50 AM »

It stands as one of the most disgusting comments I have heard in recent years. If you however still personally oppose basic equality for gay people, then don’t think yourself ‘better’ than this man. Those who ‘only’ wanted Jews deprived of liberty and legal protection seventy years ago were just as anti-semitic and no better than those who wanted them gassed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 05:58:44 AM »

this took his line completely out of context.

his point was that they can't have children and they should never be allowed to "marry" due to that.

Why haven't you been banned, yet?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »

I'm somewhat confused as to why he thinks gays would "die off." Does he think that gays are an ethnic group and that gay children come from gay parents? Ethical issues notwithstanding, it doesn't make any sense to go all Final Solution with the gays.

In his fevered mind, he probably thinks that people become gay because we "recruit" them.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »

I'm somewhat confused as to why he thinks gays would "die off." Does he think that gays are an ethnic group and that gay children come from gay parents? Ethical issues notwithstanding, it doesn't make any sense to go all Final Solution with the gays.

In his fevered mind, he probably thinks that people become gay because we "recruit" them.

Of course we do. I've been visiting zoos around the world signing up penguins Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:28 AM »

i don't like to insult people, but this idea of his shall I say, "idiotic moronic".

Believe me, I was about to, and I agree with you, but I realized he is a human being entitled to his opinions, no matter how misguided and dumb they are.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »

Believe me, I was about to, and I agree with you, but I realized he is a human being entitled to his opinions, no matter how misguided and dumb they are.

Certainly, and neither I nor anyone else in this thread wants to limit is right to an opinion. But if you voice a hateful opinion that is...objectively...just that, then you have to be prepared to be criticized and insulted for it. There's a dangerous tendency to treat all opinions as if they were equally worthy of respect.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

So what will happen first with this guy:

1) He'll come out of the closet himself.

2) He gets arrested for messing with little boys

Huh?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »

this took his line completely out of context.

his point was that they can't have children and they should never be allowed to "marry" due to that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Couldn't get it past Congress? Shame on those gay-enablers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »

Certainly, and neither I nor anyone else in this thread wants to limit is right to an opinion. But if you voice a hateful opinion that is...objectively...just that, then you have to be prepared to be criticized and insulted for it. There's a dangerous tendency to treat all opinions as if they were equally worthy of respect.

I completely agree with you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

It stands as one of the most disgusting comments I have heard in recent years. If you however still personally oppose basic equality for gay people, then don’t think yourself ‘better’ than this man. Those who ‘only’ wanted Jews deprived of liberty and legal protection seventy years ago were just as anti-semitic and no better than those who wanted them gassed.
Nazis persecuted gays too. Not sure why you think Godwin's Law requires you to play the Jew card.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »

What do you mean by "basic equality"? And if you mean by the traditional issue, marriage, then are you really going to equate lack of marriage rights to straight-up organized genocide? I know this is a sensitive issue for you and were I in your position I'd probably be sensitive too, but examining it from my end, that seems a bit steep.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 05:13:03 AM »

What do you mean by "basic equality"? And if you mean by the traditional issue, marriage, then are you really going to equate lack of marriage rights to straight-up organized genocide? I know this is a sensitive issue for you and were I in your position I'd probably be sensitive too, but examining it from my end, that seems a bit steep.

I said ‘basic equality’; that is protection from being fired simply on account of your sexuality, or being refused access to goods and services, being the victims of bullying and anti-gay legislation or being shuttled off to dubious camps to be ‘de-gayed.’ If you’re someone who disagrees with what this pastor says, but still thinks gays recruit your children, infiltrate the media, shouldn’t be employed in certain professions or should generally viewed as ‘other’ then you’re no better.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »

Are we going to have a new thread every time some bigot opens his mouth? Sadly, these attitudes are not news.

I'm going to have to go with this one.

I mean really, why don't we just rename this board the "Bigot Board" while we're at it?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »

Are we going to have a new thread every time some bigot opens his mouth? Sadly, these attitudes are not news.

I'm going to have to go with this one.

I mean really, why don't we just rename this board the "Bigot Board" while we're at it?

I'm not sure if NY Jew wants his own board.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies