Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 08:01:49 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  NE1: Repeal of the Northeast Wiki Reform Act [Signed]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NE1: Repeal of the Northeast Wiki Reform Act [Signed]  (Read 732 times)
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:24:13 am »
Ignore

The Assembly will now consider legislation introduced by Cincinnatus, a citizen from New York:

Repeal of the Northeast Wiki Reform Act

1.  The Northeast Wiki Reform Act is hereby repealed

Debate expires on Friday, May 25th at 7:30 p.m.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:19:22 am by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:12 am »
Ignore

Why is the speaker ignoring the several pieces of legislation I've proposed in failing to put them up for consideration them before this one, when mine were introduced well before Mr. Cincinnatus's?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:45:18 am by Severe Simfan34 »Logged

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:52:20 pm »
Ignore

Hold on! Can someone provide me with a link to the current law for reference?

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:34 pm »
Ignore

Repeal this bill (that is admittedly a failure), so that I/we can move forward without the hindrance this bill will cause.
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:29:15 pm »
Ignore

ATTN Rep Simfan:

Quote from:  Northeast SOAP
2. Movement of Legislation to the Northeast Assembly Floor
A. Three bills shall be allowed on the floor concurrently, to be referred to as Legislative Slots.
   Legislative Slot 1: Priority shall be given to the People. Legislation proposed by concerned Northeast citizens shall be placed in this slot. If there is no new legislation proposed by concerned Northeast citizens in the Northeast Assembly Proposed Legislation Thread, the Speaker shall place the earliest introduced legislation in this slot.

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:31:33 pm »
Ignore

ATTN Rep Simfan:

Quote from:  Northeast SOAP
2. Movement of Legislation to the Northeast Assembly Floor
A. Three bills shall be allowed on the floor concurrently, to be referred to as Legislative Slots.
   Legislative Slot 1: Priority shall be given to the People. Legislation proposed by concerned Northeast citizens shall be placed in this slot. If there is no new legislation proposed by concerned Northeast citizens in the Northeast Assembly Proposed Legislation Thread, the Speaker shall place the earliest introduced legislation in this slot.

Ah, I see.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 08:53:09 pm »
Ignore

I would like to hear the reasoning behind this proposed legislation in this Assembly before making a determination one way or the other.   

WORST PRESIDENT
SINCE WORLD WAR II
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »
Ignore

Never mind, here it is:

Northeast Wiki Reform Act

I. Responsibilities

a. The Northeast Governor is hereby responsible for updating and maintaining records of Northeast legislation during his/her term(s), in a manner that is in accordance with the format determined by the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission.

b. The CJO of the Northeast is hereby responsible for updating and maintaining records of elected officials, and changes in the Northeast constitution during his/her term(s).

c. In the event the CJO or Northeast Governor do not have a wiki account, the Assembly shall choose a member with a wiki account to temporarily adhere to the responsibilities of the Governor and CJO delegated by this Act.  The Northeast Governor and CJO shall be required to obtain a wiki account within two weeks of this bills passage in order to adhere to the responsibilities delegated by this Act.

d. The responsibilities designated in subsections a, b and c shall fall to their respective officeholders once the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission is decommissioned by the Assembly, in accordance with section III, subsection c of this Act.

II.  Updating the Wiki

a.  The constitution page of the Northeast wiki shall be maintained, and updated no later than 7 days after a change to the Northeast constitution.

b.  Legislation shall be maintained and updated by the Northeast Governor in a manner consistent with section 3 of this Act, no later than 7 days after the passage, amendment, proposal, repeal, or failure [in the Assembly] of legislation.

III.  Northeast Wiki Reform Commission

a.  A number of Northeast citizens, to be determined by the Northeast Assembly, shall hereby form a temporary Northeast Wiki Reform Commission.

b.  This commission will be active until the Assembly deems it no longer necessary for the purpose of this Act.

c.  This commission will be responsible for the initial reform of the wiki where, upon its termination, Section 1 will apply.  These responsibilities include;

(1)  Determining the format the wiki will take.  The format MUST include; Standing law, Regional officials, and the NE constitution.
(2)  Organizing the wiki in accordance with the determined format.

IV.  Northeast Wiki Format

a.  The Format of the wiki is to be determined by the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission in accordance with Section III, subsection c of this bill.

V.  Participation Clause

a.  Though the responsibilities of this act are delegated in the text of this bill, it shall not restrict the ability of citizens to maintain the Northeast wiki.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »
Ignore

Here:
Northeast Wiki Reform Act

I. Responsibilities

a. The Northeast Governor is hereby responsible for updating and maintaining records of Northeast legislation during his/her term(s), in a manner that is in accordance with the format determined by the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission.

b. The CJO of the Northeast is hereby responsible for updating and maintaining records of elected officials, and changes in the Northeast constitution during his/her term(s).

c. In the event the CJO or Northeast Governor do not have a wiki account, the Assembly shall choose a member with a wiki account to temporarily adhere to the responsibilities of the Governor and CJO delegated by this Act.  The Northeast Governor and CJO shall be required to obtain a wiki account within two weeks of this bills passage in order to adhere to the responsibilities delegated by this Act.

d. The responsibilities designated in subsections a, b and c shall fall to their respective officeholders once the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission is decommissioned by the Assembly, in accordance with section III, subsection c of this Act.

II.  Updating the Wiki

a.  The constitution page of the Northeast wiki shall be maintained, and updated no later than 7 days after a change to the Northeast constitution.

b.  Legislation shall be maintained and updated by the Northeast Governor in a manner consistent with section 3 of this Act, no later than 7 days after the passage, amendment, proposal, repeal, or failure [in the Assembly] of legislation.

III.  Northeast Wiki Reform Commission

a.  A number of Northeast citizens, to be determined by the Northeast Assembly, shall hereby form a temporary Northeast Wiki Reform Commission.

b.  This commission will be active until the Assembly deems it no longer necessary for the purpose of this Act.

c.  This commission will be responsible for the initial reform of the wiki where, upon its termination, Section 1 will apply.  These responsibilities include;

(1)  Determining the format the wiki will take.  The format MUST include; Standing law, Regional officials, and the NE constitution.
(2)  Organizing the wiki in accordance with the determined format.

IV.  Northeast Wiki Format

a.  The Format of the wiki is to be determined by the Northeast Wiki Reform Commission in accordance with Section III, subsection c of this bill.

V.  Participation Clause

a.  Though the responsibilities of this act are delegated in the text of this bill, it shall not restrict the ability of citizens to maintain the Northeast wiki.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:39:55 pm »
Ignore

Ha, literally a second too slow. Anyway I believe I was against assigning Wiki responsibilities to any single Northeasterner and obviously I don't have Wiki access personally.

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:43:26 pm »
Ignore

I still think we should keep the Reform Commission.  I realize now that requiring a person of a certain office is problematic, but having a commission of volunteers might be useful.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:52:10 pm »
Ignore

I requested access several weeks ago and I've yet to receive a response. As of now I'm not inclined to see the wiki as a useful tool, but I'll admit that this is at least in part because I'm annoyed that I can't edit it myself.

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:16 pm »
Ignore

I requested access several weeks ago and I've yet to receive a response. As of now I'm not inclined to see the wiki as a useful tool, but I'll admit that this is at least in part because I'm annoyed that I can't edit it myself.

Have you checked to see if you are able to edit the wiki?  I don't think he usually emails a response.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:05 pm »
Ignore

I hadn't checked, but no, I can't make edits.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
Ignore

I still think we should keep the Reform Commission.  I realize now that requiring a person of a certain office is problematic, but having a commission of volunteers might be useful.

There will still be a volunteer commission, but I'd rather not be restricted by this law any longer.  Having myself introduced this law, I can assure you, we will progress better without it for the time being.  If we do in fact get the wiki up to date, we can than debate assigning responsibilities.  For now however, for the sake of releaving any restrictions on approving committee members, wiki format, ect, I urge the Assembly to pass this repeal.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »
Ignore

Thank you Cincinnatus. I will support this repeal in that case.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:42 pm »
Ignore

I will be voting for repeal of the Northeast Wiki Reform Act.

My view is that the Wiki process should be simplified, and kept as basic as possible while still maintining the necessary function of the Wiki. 

WORST PRESIDENT
SINCE WORLD WAR II
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:37 pm »
Ignore

The Assembly will now vote on the legislation. Voting will last 24 hours or until all members have voted.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:58:44 am by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 08:28:37 am »
Ignore

Aye.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 08:41:20 am »
Ignore

Aye

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:49 am »
Ignore

Aye

WORST PRESIDENT
SINCE WORLD WAR II
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:08 am »
Ignore

With 4 in favor and 1 not voting, the bill passes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout