Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 06:22:01 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  How the [inks] is this trolling?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How the [inks] is this trolling?  (Read 1033 times)
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »
Ignore

And how do I appeal to have these points removed?

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:14:07 pm »
Ignore

1. It's pretty clearly trolling.

2. You PM one of the mods for the board it came from and/or Nym.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »
Ignore

Excerpt from "trolling" definition, urban dictionary:

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness

Emphasis mine.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »
Ignore

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness

Emphasis mine.

It is it at all mitigatory that the provocative rhetorical question deemed trolling was in response to a comment that prior posts were "sh*t," itself provocative, or like a cop who hands out tickets to a whole line of cars following each other but all going over the speed limit, you just infract the lot?  What a fun job you guys have. Tongue
oakvale
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »
Ignore

I'd like to clarify for the record that I'm not against homosexuality in general, just when Jake and Winston are involved.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 05:50:25 pm »
Ignore

Emphasis mine.

Trolling is going on a 9/11 forum and posting a "think of the poor hijackers that died" joke.

Clearly this was just a joke. I'm not mad that it was deleted per se, I'm mad because I got 4 death points for it. 2 would be more acceptable.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 05:51:44 pm »
Ignore

So PM the mods in charge of that board!
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
Ignore

It isn't just me who finds it difficult to believe. Wormyguy even said you're doing it to get votes in Atlasia and obviously you've seen other people express disbelief. Maybe you could describe what caused your sudden philosophical shift so the forum understands. Sure, you don't have to, but you should, considering that is precisely what the Atlas Forum is for.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »
Ignore

It isn't just me who finds it difficult to believe. Wormyguy even said you're doing it to get votes in Atlasia and obviously you've seen other people express disbelief. Maybe you could describe what caused your sudden philosophical shift so the forum understands. Sure, you don't have to, but you should, considering that is precisely what the Atlas Forum is for.

Why did I shift my views?

Because I no longer subscribe to the notion that have no Government is a practical solution to every minuscule problem that arises in this country. I no longer subscribe to the notion that 0 government regulation is the way to go and that anarchocapitalism is an economic system that can prop up the United States economy. I no longer subscribe to the notion that social issues matter on a federal level, because no President legislates on social issues to a large degree. I no longer subscribe to the notion that belonging to a third party is the right thing to do at this point in time, due to the fact that the US will likely have a two party system until long after I'm gone. I identify as a Libertarian Republican and hope to influence the Republican Party to become more Libertarian. Just because I no longer identify as a member of the Libertarian Party does not mean that I've stopped identifying as a Libertarian. I now believe that at least some Government is necessary, that taxes are a necessary evil and that completely obliterating 50-75% of the federal budget isn't a great idea. I'm a moderate Republican. Like I've said before, I may go through a left-leaning Democrat phase at some point. My views are very much still evolving. I just wish people would take me at my word when I say that. I wish people could accept that at the very least. Atlasia has absolutely nothing to do with my shift in views. Believe me, if I let Atlasia effect my life the way it used to, I'm an idiot. It took over my life before, but not again. I just wish people could see that I'm being genuine when I say this. But whatever.

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:12:55 pm »
Ignore

you should learn to stop asking people to do this.  they won't and shouldn't.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:13:21 pm »
Ignore

Don't worry I still like you and am not trying offend. I am more curious about what led you to change your mind than the fact that the you changed your mind. Just like wanting to know what caused opebo to change I am interested in knowing what caused you to change.

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 08:14:42 pm »
Ignore

Inks is totally out of control again

looks like Inks has shrugged of his Deluge embarrassment and is back in full force.  has jamfascist hit 100 yet?  = 2 points..

he wants to be the Face of the Mods and can't take the heat.  it'd honestly be a good pr move for the Mods to cut him loose.  he's not doing you guys any good.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »
Ignore

The Community must fight back.

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17:20 pm »
Ignore

I'm starting to wonder if the Mod team keeping Inks on is a bit of a false-flag move.  he soaks up the attention while the abuses of others go essentially un-discussed.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »
Ignore

Don't worry I still like you and am not trying offend. I am more curious about what led you to change your mind than the fact that the you changed your mind. Just like wanting to know what caused opebo to change I am interested in knowing what caused you to change.

No offense taken.

I'm starting to wonder if the Mod team keeping Inks on is a bit of a false-flag move.  he soaks up the attention while the abuses of others go essentially un-discussed.

Not a completely illegitimate theory...

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:01 am »
Ignore

The ONLY thing you can do that will "hurt" them is to start your own board and poach all the quality members.  Everything else is just bitching to the owner of the house that the temperature in the pool is too warm.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:38 am »
Ignore

Emphasis mine.

Trolling is going on a 9/11 forum and posting a "think of the poor hijackers that died" joke.

Clearly this was just a joke. I'm not mad that it was deleted per se, I'm mad because I got 4 death points for it. 2 would be more acceptable.

So you are doing all this for 2 death points ?

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 06:13:51 am »
Ignore

I'd like to clarify for the record that I'm not against homosexuality in general, just when Jake and Winston are involved.

You take everything seriously don't you?

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 07:39:27 am »
Ignore

That's the fault of the posters, not Inks. The fact is the moment something happens on here, everyone points the finger at him or gives issues.

For example, he simply helped out by saying this

Only to hear this..

you should learn to stop asking people to do this.  they won't and shouldn't.

It is so much easier that if you have a problem, instead of starting a thread where your just going to get dozens of replies that have no answer, to just PM a mod on the thread. Say you get something you dont think is fair from the 2012 board.  It's easier to just send me, BK, or Mr. Morden a PM, and we can give you the answer. With all these threads, it just starts a flame war.

If you think the violation is really, really not called for, I can see wanting to post it. But for most occasions you should just PM a mod. If you don't get an answer or don't like it, talk to Nym about it. It's not that difficult.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:26 am »
Ignore

the (erroneous) assumption you are making is that one poster's infraction is only his concern.  rather, when one of my brethren is infracted, it is my concern as well, and the concern of every non-Moderator - the Community as a collective.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »
Ignore

The ONLY thing you can do that will "hurt" them is to start your own board and poach all the quality members.  Everything else is just bitching to the owner of the house that the temperature in the pool is too warm.

Not necessarily.  At some point (and we are very near it now), the ONLY topic on this forum will be death-points, moderators, and complaints about them.  The discussion if politics is made impossible by the censorship, and in addition we are all so afraid of our incipient banning, that we have to focus more on that instead of frank discussion.

At this point it is possible that Dave will simply close down the forum, as it will no longer serve any purpose.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »
Ignore

the (erroneous) assumption you are making is that one poster's infraction is only his concern.  rather, when one of my brethren is infracted, it is my concern as well, and the concern of every non-Moderator - the Community as a collective.

In my opinion, I think it really is only that posters concern, unless they really felt it was undeserved. I had posts that were reported in the past, and I still have my infraction points for what I did. Now, have I gone and told the world what I did, or ask why it was given to me? Nope. I just took it.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »
Ignore

Emphasis mine.

So you are doing all this for 2 death points ?

At the most.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout