Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 04, 2015, 04:58:08 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Badger)
| | |-+  Happy Anniversay Young Tweed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Happy Anniversay Young Tweed  (Read 664 times)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »
Ignore

A good nine years on the forum. Congratulations even if it may not last much longer.

Yeah, after four years of being a non-disruptive poster on the forum, never considered a troublemaker, even someone who was liked well enough to be elected Atlasian President, Napoleon should be allowed to stay.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »
Ignore

don't totally understand the snark at the end, but yes, it is the anniversary of that fateful night as a twelve year old, that I joined this community.  it has meant more to me than any website ever has, or in all likelihood ever will.  no regrets.

I wanna contribute to the chaos
I don't wanna watch and then complain,
'cause I am through finding blame
that is the decision that I have made
minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »
Ignore

don't totally understand the snark at the end, but yes, it is the anniversary of that fateful night as a twelve year old, that I joined this community.  it has meant more to me than any website ever has, or in all likelihood ever will.  no regrets.
Ah, we all were young and foolish once.

But we didn't have your fancy internet when I was 12. Sad

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:52 pm »
Ignore

They're after opebo and jmfcst, any of us could be next on the List.

Yeah, after four years of being a non-disruptive poster on the forum, never considered a troublemaker, even someone who was liked well enough to be elected Atlasian President, Napoleon should be allowed to stay.

Simfan34
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:17:24 pm »
Ignore

Amen!

The republicanism in this thread is disgusting.

We don't know how many cars this family has, only that they consume 1/4 of a $60k car per year.
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:54 pm »
Ignore

The man...the legend!

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »
Ignore

Congrats dude. We need an Atlas Hall of Fame.

A New Chapter

"I feel like Paulette Revere — the recession is coming, the recession is coming!” - Hillary Clinton, April 3, 2008
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »
Ignore

Ah, we all were young and foolish once.

But we didn't have your fancy internet when I was 12. Sad

I know, I wish I had the interwebz when I was 12.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 02:44:35 pm »
Ignore

One of the best posters in AF history. Truly an FF. Congrats.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 02:48:07 pm »
Ignore

A true legend that was at the peak of his reign when I arrived/the Golden Era.

The entire country is pretty much Republican.
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »
Ignore

The thought of a 12-year-old Tweed frankly disturbs me.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

19:08   oakvale   keep your furry horror out of here please

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:26:06 pm »
Ignore

ummm, no.  They ain't getting banned, even though they should, and certainly none of the regulars are next.

I believe the simple truth is that they became somewhat alarmed when they realized that I really meant to write what I believed. There is a peculiar parallel between some of our great Northern "liberals" and some of our outstanding Southern liberals.

Some of the people in both classes share the deep-seated convictions that only their convictions can possibly be the right ones. They both inevitably say the same thing: "We know the Negro and what is best for him."
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:29:09 pm »
Ignore

Do you believe the forum would be better off without opebo or jmfcst? No way deado!

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »
Ignore

jmfcst does add to the conversation when he's not playing the victim.  opebo did once, maybe...the first time through each of his 3 tricks, but that was years ago.  The only thing we'd miss now is his constant bitching about not being able to bitch.

I believe the simple truth is that they became somewhat alarmed when they realized that I really meant to write what I believed. There is a peculiar parallel between some of our great Northern "liberals" and some of our outstanding Southern liberals.

Some of the people in both classes share the deep-seated convictions that only their convictions can possibly be the right ones. They both inevitably say the same thing: "We know the Negro and what is best for him."
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:40 am »
Ignore

The thought of a 12-year-old Tweed frankly disturbs me.

But here's the thing: he was 37 at the same time!

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 11:58:23 am »
Ignore

jmfcst does add to the conversation when he's not playing the victim.  opebo did once, maybe...the first time through each of his 3 tricks, but that was years ago.  The only thing we'd miss now is his constant bitching about not being able to bitch.

could you please enumerate opebo's 3 tricks?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
The Year Summer Ended In July
BRTD
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 12:32:33 am »
Ignore

Over 42% of his life here, and no doubt well over 50% of his life that he can actually remember. Whoa.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 12:57:45 am »
Ignore

I think BRTD would be next.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 12:36:58 pm »
Ignore

I think BRTD would be next.

You may recall that I was a target several times as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout