Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:13:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  The infraction system has not improved the forum; therefore it must be scrapped.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The infraction system has not improved the forum; therefore it must be scrapped.  (Read 1797 times)
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:06 am »
Ignore

So you can't post on here if you're deemed to be bigoted now? Wow, this forum is going to get very boring fast.

The trick is to communicate your bigotry in a non bigoted way. Smiley
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:21 am »
Ignore

Yeah, the infraction system doesn't work.

If we want the site to get less sh!tty, we should follow the model of AH.com -- have a committed mod team (consisting of people who aren't assholes), who lay down kicks and bans and warnings.

Free Bradley Manning
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 03:18:40 am »
Ignore

So you can't post on here if you're deemed to be bigoted now? Wow, this forum is going to get very boring fast.

Have the mods slapped you with infraction points yet? I have seen you treading the class warfare line lately.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:45 am »
Ignore

Yeah, the infraction system doesn't work.

If we want the site to get less sh!tty, we should follow the model of AH.com -- have a committed mod team (consisting of people who aren't assholes), who lay down kicks and bans and warnings.
The problem with that proposal is that the appointment of mods seems to be based mostly on seniority and not whether people are assholes or not.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:47:23 am by fascistbeijingregime »Logged

Every time I see Denmark I just want to punch it in the face...
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:16 am »
Ignore

Have the mods slapped you with infraction points yet? I have seen you treading the class warfare line lately.

You saw a post of mine that deserves death points? 
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:27 am »
Ignore

There were a couple a few days ago, but you post to prolifically for me to look through. Seems to me like Opebo has stopped posting now after jmfcst got banned, is he trying to get the mods to acquire a different target?
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »
Ignore

There were a couple a few days ago, but you post to prolifically for me to look through. Seems to me like Opebo has stopped posting now after jmfcst got banned, is he trying to get the mods to acquire a different target?

Maybe that is why I have no infraction points. I can "hide" my transgressions through sheer volume. Tongue  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:39:46 pm by Torie »Logged
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 03:56:38 pm »
Ignore

I wasn't really defending the system overall, just against your point.  My problem with the system isn't overmoderation but that chronic trolls who know how to game the system slip through the cracks.

hah, I had initially missed this bit of victim-blaming.  you would have done well as Giuliani's Chief of Staff in 1993.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout