PPP Maryland Poll: Obama up 23 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:33:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP Maryland Poll: Obama up 23 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP Maryland Poll: Obama up 23  (Read 5133 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: May 24, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »

So can someone please explain to me why this election will look like 2004 when all of the polls look like 2008?
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »

I'm actually surprised at the shift in support for same sex marriage among African Americans. I never thought his announcement would hurt his support in the black community but I didn't think it would so drastically change public opinion in his favor.

Of course, I think this a great thing because it unifies the Democratic base. Gay marriage has long been a wedge issue in our party but now it looks like all democrats are coming to the same conclusion on the issue.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »

The Democrat's level of white support in Maryland is pretty spot on for the mid Atlantic. White support goes from the high 30s in VA to around 50% in NJ. So McCain's small victory over white voters there isn't that much of a surprise to me. What makes it solidly Dem is the huge number of black voters, around 30%.  Obama will win big there in 2012.

What really surprises people is the level of white support for Obama in the NE. Some of us tend to think all Northeasterners as monolithically Democratic, but that's not the case. The white vote is pretty split up there, even is states like New York. The minority voters make those states so solidly blue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies