Spending under Obama increasing at lowest pace since Eisenhower's administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Spending under Obama increasing at lowest pace since Eisenhower's administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spending under Obama increasing at lowest pace since Eisenhower's administration  (Read 6320 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 26, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »

It is still reckless coming off a big pop up due to wars and the Lehman collapse, and unsustainable.  Just because you are binging only six days a week rather than seven, doesn't mean you won't die an early death.

Medical analogy. You get cancer that requires expensive treatment. Your medical expenditures skyrocket. They are likely to stay high for some time because any symptom is likely to be treated with deadly seriousness because cancer is a deadly-serious disease.

Are you wasting money (even if it is that of an insurance company?) Not in the least. The alternative is to die, after which any possibility of an income stream comes to an end.  That is not to say that cancer treatment is pleasant; it isn't something that I would wish upon anyone.

In view of my posting record you should be able to figure what I offer as an analogue to cancer -- two eminently-avoidable wars and  the promotion of an economic boom that could only go catastrophically wrong.

OK. We are finally getting some honest-to-goodness economic growth. Have enough of that with flat spending, and relief expenditures will go down as tax revenues rise.  If that isn;t a win-win scenario, then what is?         
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »

"Headed the right way" is the best that we can hope for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies