WI: Angela Merkel assasinated by Greek extremist! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:41:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  WI: Angela Merkel assasinated by Greek extremist! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Angela Merkel assasinated by Greek extremist!  (Read 1815 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
« edited: May 26, 2012, 12:42:52 AM by True Federalist »

Not that she has been.  But what would the fallout of an event like that, and would it make any difference if it was a left-wing extremist or a right-wing extremist?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »

I know.  But an occasional foray into the domain of hackery does a body good, especially when that body is bored waiting for a certain decision to be made one way or the other.

Still, I am surprised that people seem to think that it would have almost no effect.  I disagree.  I think it would ruin any chance that the Germans would agree to any sort of Eurobond scheme, even if it made sense by German standards, lest it be thought that they were giving in to murderous Greeks.  It also would be bloody hell on the European financial markets.  I think the markets have price in the probable effect of Greece leaving the Euro, but think that will be as far as it goes.  If Merkel gets assassinated, then I can't see the Germans acting to stop on a runthe Spanish, Italian, or even French banks until they've had time to get over their shock.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »

Makes sense. Possible explanation: Both Germans and Greeks like cheese. So Merkel was probably at a local cheese trade show with Gov. Walker and the Greek extremist was a salesman at the fair and when Merkel arrived at his stand and she tried one of his cheese pieces, he gave her a poisoned one.

Must have been a left-wing extremist then, since pinkos wouldn't care if they got anti-stimulus Merkel or anti-union Walker.  Heck, Walker might have been the main target!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies