John Edwards will be....... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:58:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Edwards will be....... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Convicted of all charges

Convicted of some charges

Acquited

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: John Edwards will be.......  (Read 1005 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: May 25, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »

I think it's a shame the way the media has covered every blow by blow of this case. The public policy questions raised don't justify the cost to the Edwards family and his associates of having it all dragged out in public.

I'm somewhere in the middle on the whole Edwards fiasco. The main thing he did was was to do what he did, while running for President. And the main thing that makes it egregious is what happened to Bill Clinton, another charismatic southern Democrat. Clinton's infidelities caused Al Gore to lose the 2000 election, because otherwise, Gore would have been able to campaign with Clinton on his popularity, and he wouldn't have had to choose Joe Lieberman as his VP to prove his credibility. Having seen the high profile damage to the Democratic cause brought on by Clinton's infidelities, John Edwards should have known better.

However, at this point I wish the best for Edwards and his family, since it doesn't look like he's going to be reentering politics any time soon. I greatly sympathize with what the Edwards family has gone through.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies