Why Am I Not Suprised: Gov. Rendell Strikes Again!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:34:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why Am I Not Suprised: Gov. Rendell Strikes Again!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Am I Not Suprised: Gov. Rendell Strikes Again!!  (Read 13265 times)
CTguy

« on: March 29, 2004, 02:06:15 PM »

You are obviously in denial about living in a democratic state.  Perhaps you'd like Alabama better.
CTguy

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 02:13:20 PM »

You're right, CT.  Pennsylvania is so solidly Democrat that they elected Rick Santorum to the Senate.  Then, they re-elected him!  Along with Arlen Specter and a majority Republican congressional delegation, and had a Republican governor until last election.  Wow, how much more liberal than that can you get?.

Oh wow, idiot.  Connecticut has a majority Republican House Delegation too and a Republican Gov. too...  I guess that makes it a Republican state too.   And Maine has two Republican senators, I guess it is ultra-conservative...  Blowhard.
CTguy

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:27:40 PM »

The difference is that Pennsylvania has all of these things, while the states you cited have only some of them.  And none of those people are RICK "I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY FREAKING BIBLE" SANTORUM!

I also never said Pennsylvania was a Republican state, I just said it wasn't Democratic.  It is a swing state, plain and simple.

There you have it, that Yale degree is really paying off.

And calling Gov. Rowland, Sen. Snowe, and Sen. Collins Republicans is a bit of a stretch.

Uh no, you obviously missed the whole post.  Saying PA has everything CT or Maine has is bullsh*t...  wait no it's B-U-L-L-S-H-*-T!!!  Gov. Rendell is a Democrat, Rowland is a Republican...  

And no, calling Rowland a Republican is not a stretch.  He is considered a far-right Republican by CT standards and is much more conservative than any of our congressmen.

Again, your post was complete BULLSH*T.
CTguy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:30:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, you can feel free to call Gov. Rowland a Democrat Smiley

That's Bull.  Rowland is not even close to a democrat.  He has twice vetoed a millionaires tax and he is against abortion and civil unions for gays.  He is not only a Republican he is a far right Republican by Connecticut standards.  That is why he will be impeached within a few months.  
CTguy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 04:24:14 PM »

Well, you can feel free to call Gov. Rowland a Democrat Smiley

That's Bull.  Rowland is not even close to a democrat.  He has twice vetoed a millionaires tax and he is against abortion and civil unions for gays.  He is not only a Republican he is a far right Republican by Connecticut standards.  That is why he will be impeached within a few months.  

are you saying they will impeach him because he's a republican, last time i checked being a republican isn't a impeachable offense

If he was a democrat he wouldn't be impeached since impeachment is left up to the legislature which is more than 2 to 1 democratic controlled.  And that is after Republican gerrymandering, meaning the democrats in the legislature are extremely liberal and hate Rowland very much.  They are doing all this bells and whistles crap but it is obvious Rowland will be impeached fast because he has no allies.
CTguy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 04:40:39 PM »

CT,

I know Rendell is a Democrat.  My point was that Penn. has recently had Republican Governors (Schweiker and Ridge).  As recently as two years ago, all three major statewide offices were held by Republicans.

Calling Rowland a far right Republican "by Connecticut Standards" is so insanely stupid there aren't even words for it.  That is like saying that Himmler was really a moderate by Nazi standards.  By "Connecticut standards" Chris Dodd is a moderate statesman and Chris Shays is a Buchanan Brigadier.

You don't know anything about Rowland or probably any of the other Republicans you are speaking of.  Rowland is far right for Connecticut... very far right!  83% of Connecticut voters are pro-choice yet he is pro-life.  He is against gun control even though to most CT voters the NRA is considered a raving bunch of lunatics.  He is against civil unions and said he might support a state ban on gay marriages even though residents oppose that by a 2-1 margin.  He vetoed a millionaires tax that was overwhelmingly approved by the state legislature and had over 80% support from voters...

And the list goes on and on.  Yes Rowland is a far right republican by Connecticut.  And by Connecticut standards I am a moderate.  You just have no idea what you are commenting on.
CTguy

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

Just like Toomey will be when he loses...  and the only reason Bush lost was...?  Because he was a weak candidate?  ahaha, yes.
CTguy

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 07:29:56 PM »

CT you ignorant slut.

I never said Rowland wasn't conservative by Connecticut standards.  I said he wasn't a conservative Republican by national standards.

You must have been a legacy admission to Yale.

Then you were speaking off topic.  And I was not technically a legacy admission to Yale and I also got into 2 other ivy league schools and my grades and SAT score were above the Yale averages, which is more than I can say for the minorities and southerners that got in because they came from under-represented states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies