Opinion of TheProfessor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:46:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of TheProfessor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of TheProfessor  (Read 9839 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 26, 2012, 04:02:16 AM »

It is of course possible to evade sock detection and "post" from distant locations that aren't proxies, but few people would make the effort, and most of those that would probably couldn't figure out how to do it.

But he is a professor, so you can't put anything past him.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »

Why can't you guys just accept that he's not a sock of an already existing user?

Why would some random person come to this forum and make an account like that?

Why not?  I'm sure lots of people who are interested in politics lurk on this board for a long time before posting, if they ever post.  Is it really so strange that 1 out of 1000 people who eventually do so make a joke account?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »

This thread risks turning into a "how to" guide for evading detection as a sock.  Suffice it to say, the normal means for telling if an account is a sock don't show anything suspicious about him, but if one is sneaky enough, then one can hide one's sockiness and there's nothing we can do about it.  In this case, The Professor is either legit, or someone who's done a good job of hiding his sockiness.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »

...or the sock creator is a mod without enemies among the other mods. That would work too.

My theory is that he's a sock of Dave Leip.  But then, that's my working assumption for all suspicious posters.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »

...or the sock creator is a mod without enemies among the other mods. That would work too.

My theory is that he's a sock of Dave Leip.  But then, that's my working assumption for all suspicious posters.

That would be a subscenario of the above scenario (which is not "my theory", but merely a possibility I would not dismiss.)

With the important distinction that Dave could actually change the software to fool the rest of the mods, whereas "regular" mods would have to depend on the goodwill of their fellow mods not to out any sock accounts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies