Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:17:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Mitt's tax plan: Cut taxes for the rich, raise them on everyone else  (Read 13206 times)
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »

Why do people hate tax cuts for the rich Sad

Because we are already running a budget deficit over a trillion dollars.

But if you cut spending and taxes, then the budget will be balanced, providing you cut more in spending.

We are running a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit. That means we collect $1.4 trillion less in taxes than we spend. You want to cut taxes (revenue). So, where do you get the >$1.4 trillion to balance your budget? Hint: You wont get there without hacking Social Security, Defense, and Medicare/aid - which no politician is willing to do (heard anything about the Ryan budget lately?)

Yeah, sadly my plan is also my wet dream. Sad
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 06:51:05 PM by Politico »

I simply felt like popping into this thread just to say Beet kicked some serious ass here

By failing to explain why the Keynesian promises of 2009 did not pan out as predicted? By failing to explain why we should think the next four years will be any different from the past four if Obama gets back in?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At least I have offered an explanation as to why this so-called "recovery" is pathetic compared to past recoveries. Nobody else on this forum has done so recently.

I think we can have a bit of entertainment from time to time, of course. Has anybody on here ever looked at Bowles and not laughed at his grannie glasses?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »

I'm still holding out for an exponentially decaying tax rate function, which no one ever bothers to propose.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »

I simply felt like popping into this thread just to say Beet kicked some serious ass here

By failing to explain why the Keynesian promises of 2009 did not pan out as predicted? By failing to explain why we should think the next four years will be any different from the past four if Obama gets back in?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At least I have offered an explanation as to why this so-called "recovery" is pathetic compared to past recoveries. Nobody else on this forum has done so recently.

I think we can have a bit of entertainment from time to time, of course. Has anybody on here ever looked at Bowles and not laughed at his grannie glasses?

The reason the recovery isn't doing as well as we'd like is because the Republicans are keeping it that way for political gain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies