Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA  (Read 79916 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: June 03, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »

Something to consider in regards to the timing of Romney's running mate annoucement is the Olmypics, which run from July 27 to August 12. He's more than likely not going to make during that time period. So an early pick from him would break the three week early record set by Kerry.

I think he'll follow precedent and name his pick sometime the week before the convention.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »

It would surprise me if they've already narrowed the list down so far. But I guess it would sense to do that early and then spent the next couple weeks focusing only on the contenders with a legitament shot.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »

I think if Romney decides to go with a 'game change' pick, then it'll be Jindal. I just don't think Ryan is going to be picked in the end because he reinforces the whole Democratic argument against Romney as being someone who'll cut taxes for the rich at the expense of the working/middle class.

Though I still think he'll go with a safe pick means Portman or Pawlenty. And I'd give the edge to Portman.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

A quick question, but in the event he was picked, would Ryan be able to run simultaneously for VP and reelection to the House?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies