Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA  (Read 79915 times)
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:20 AM »
« edited: May 29, 2012, 07:30:05 AM by KINGTHLAYER »

If Romney picks Ryan, he won't be able to shamelessly flip flop away from the congressman's budget plans once they come under scrutiny again. I doubt Ryan's solutions are any more resilient to Democratic attacks now than they were a year ago.

Thus, I don't think Ryan's on the ticket unless Romney is 100% ready to commit himself to his proposals for the entire campaign. He very well could be ready, but I doubt it.

Remember, Romney needs to keep this election a referendum on Obama's performance on the economy, or else he won't win. If his campaign gets distracted or put on the defensive over Ryan's budget plans, Romney will be in serious trouble. Thus I think Ryan ultimately violates the "do no harm" rule, and we can rule him out.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:20:50 AM »

An invasion!

...of boring...
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »

With Romney set to unleash a relentless stream of pointlessness on Obama (cocaine, Blago, etc.), I was starting to think he'd leave the VP announcement for later.

Fixed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies