Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney to announce running mate on Saturday @9am ET in Norfolk, VA  (Read 79533 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:21 AM »

As much as I love Condi, and as brilliant and qualified as she is, I think we all know that Mitt is not going to take that extraordinary risk of picking a pro life candidate.

A Romney Rice ticket and administration would be my dream for America though.
My thoughts. America needs Romney/Rice. Between Romney's brilliance on economics and Rice's brilliance on foreign policy, those two would easily have one of the best administrations we've had, and would heal many of our problems.

Agreed, but I think we all know she won't be the VP nominee, unfortunately.  But President Romney could call upon her to accept the office of Secretary of State yet again. 

I've given a little thought to who our cabinet will be - She'd be excellent. I also would be happy with Senator Lugar, despite his age. It's a shame - she'd do much better than Portman will do as our VP.

Maybe Condi can run after Mitt's 8 years are up? She wouldn't be too old.
Whoa there cowboy, don't count your horses before they get to the stable. My guess is Romney-Pawlenty. I wouldnt go about picking a cabinet yet, but Luger would be great at the state dept. or defense dept. Condi would only further the Obama message of taking us back to Bush (I.E. illegal Iraq War, failure in Afganistan). And 8 years of Mitt? My guess is, if the Governor manages to eek out a victory in November, in the words of Rupert Mourdoch "Doubtful", Clinton/Scweitzer would swamp Romney in 2016. And I'm talking 400 or more EVs.

Clinton-Scweitzer 438
Romney-Pawlenty 100

Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »

You fail to realize that Mitt Romney will actually fix America's problems in four years. So I can't take your predicition seriously.

Tongue

No, you fail to realize that No One, could've fixed this mess in 4 years. If Romney had won back in 2008, most likely he'd be in the same position Obama is in right now, with the exception he'd probably have a much stronger opponent, I.E. Clinton, Scweitzer, O'Malley, or Cuomo.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:41 PM »

As much as I love Condi, and as brilliant and qualified as she is, I think we all know that Mitt is not going to take that extraordinary risk of picking a pro life candidate.

A Romney Rice ticket and administration would be my dream for America though.
My thoughts. America needs Romney/Rice. Between Romney's brilliance on economics and Rice's brilliance on foreign policy, those two would easily have one of the best administrations we've had, and would heal many of our problems.

Agreed, but I think we all know she won't be the VP nominee, unfortunately.  But President Romney could call upon her to accept the office of Secretary of State yet again. 

I've given a little thought to who our cabinet will be - She'd be excellent. I also would be happy with Senator Lugar, despite his age. It's a shame - she'd do much better than Portman will do as our VP.

Maybe Condi can run after Mitt's 8 years are up? She wouldn't be too old.
Whoa there cowboy, don't count your horses before they get to the stable. My guess is Romney-Pawlenty. I wouldnt go about picking a cabinet yet, but Luger would be great at the state dept. or defense dept. Condi would only further the Obama message of taking us back to Bush (I.E. illegal Iraq War, failure in Afganistan). And 8 years of Mitt? My guess is, if the Governor manages to eek out a victory in November, in the words of Rupert Mourdoch "Doubtful", Clinton/Scweitzer would swamp Romney in 2016. And I'm talking 400 or more EVs.

Clinton-Scweitzer 438
Romney-Pawlenty 100

What an absolutely ridiculously hackish map.

And some have called me a hack.

My friend, any acts of  hackishness I may have committed pales in comparison to the hatchet job you have done on anything resembling reality or common sense.
I feel as if I may have accomplished something by being called a hack by THE WINFIELD. Let me explain my map. Hispanics will help the Dems carry Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and Florida. Blacks, angry at Romney about beating Obama, will help them carry North Carolina, South Carolina,  and Georgia. Clinton is still EXTREMELY popular in the South and Rust Belt(more so than Romney), and Scweitzer will give us Montana. And Clinton, who won New Hampshire in 08 and was a Senator from NY, will lock up the NorthEast.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »

The Dems will rip Romney and Ryan on the Medicare Budget. And there are contradictions in his voting record, seeing he voted for the deficit ballooning Bush Tax Cuts, Iraq War, and Prescription Drug benefit while proposing cuts to Medicare and turning Social Security into a voucher program. Id say McDonnel wouldve been good before the whole Vaginal Probing thing. Now I believe Thune or Pawlenty might be the best choices. This article does a good job of displaying the veeps's strengths and weaknessess.
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12767257-handicapping-a-potential-veep-shortlist
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

Ryan's a smart guy. He could hold his own against Biden.
understatement of the year!     understatement of the year!     understatement of the year!     understatement of the year!     understatement of the year!     understatement of the year!
We have a nominee for understatement of the year! 

I almost shot a mouthful of my drink against the screen reading that. 
Don't underestimate Biden's debating skills. He wiped the floor with Palin four years ago and unless it's Portman who could take him on, Biden's gonna kill the Veep, be it Ryan, Jindal, or Pawlenty.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

The Upper Midwest or Great Lake states is where I believe the election will be decided so it's not a bad idea to pick Pawlenty or Ryan. Leaning Democratic states such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Ohio will likely decide this race. Don't forget Iowa and Pennsylvania either. I consider my part of PA to be midwest. I still think Rubio can turn CO, NM, and NV if things are done right.
Do Republicans not seem to get that Rubio just being on the ticket won't turn Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada. Rubio is Cuba. A majority of Hispanics in this country are Mexican-American and don't identify with cubans because of their preferential immigration status. Polls have shown Rubio to have little to no effect on hispanics.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »

Looks like it might be a Virginian. Bob McDonnell? Why has no one floated Former Virginia Senator John Warner? He's got foreign policy and legislative experience. And he's popular in a swing state.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:29:34 PM »

UPDATE:
POLITICO HAS CONFIRMED THAT THECAMPAIGN HAS CONFIRMED THE PICK WILL BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW IN NORFOLK, VIRGINIA.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

I swear he better not get a bounce for this.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »

All these Ryan leaks are seeming... rather coordinated.

Yeah, I'm getting a little suspicious...then again, I can't conceive the Romney camp actually masterfully executing anything so I'm not so sure it's faked either...
You're on to something Hagrid. There's no way that even the most uncoordinated campaign since Dukakis would let their most important decision leak like that. And to everyone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies