Romney VP search: free-floating speculation and wish list thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:55:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney VP search: free-floating speculation and wish list thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should Romney pick as his running mate?
Kelly Ayotte

Richard Burr

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Mitch Daniels

Nikki Haley

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Susana Martinez

Bob McDonnell

Rand Paul

Tim Pawlenty

Rob Portman

Cathy McMorris Rodgers

Paul Ryan

Rick Santorum

John Thune

Pat Toomey

someone else

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 119

Author Topic: Romney VP search: free-floating speculation and wish list thread  (Read 41917 times)
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« on: July 26, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »

Bob McDonnell- takes VA off the map
Rubio- takes FL off the map
Christie- rallies the conservative base and makes NJ competitive
Kasich- takes OH off the map in all likelyhood
Huntsman- moderate New England ticket never hurt the country but wouldn't be strategic
Jeb Bush- would outshine Romney
Thune- safe pick
Brown- too early in his career
Pawlenty- safe pick
Jindal- safe pick
Daniels- safe pick
Haley- not enough momentum and there are better choices

I thought I would get the basics off of my chest. What do you guys think?
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:17 AM »

Bob McDonnell- takes VA off the map Doesn't do much in Virginia, maybe a point or so
Christie- rallies the conservative base and makes NJ competitive New Jersey is not going red anytime soon, even with Christie on the ticket
Kasich- takes OH off the map in all likelyhood really not that popular, he might even hurt him.
Huntsman- moderate New England ticket never hurt the country but wouldn't be strategic Huntsman was Gov. of Utah and was probably the MOST conservative running this year, he just wasn't crazy enough.
Thune- safe pick
Pawlenty- safe pick
Jindal- safe pick
Daniels- safe pick

Fair enough but I think Ohio and most other states would vote for their governor. McDonnell is a very strong candidate and currently governs VA which is huge though. As for Huntsman he has a home in NH which is really all I was meaning. Plus he's also very moderate so I agree that he wouldn't help too much. I just listed any name that came to my mind. Who do you think would be the safest, most strategic, and most energetic? I'm liking this discussion.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »

Bob McDonnell- takes VA off the map Doesn't do much in Virginia, maybe a point or so
Christie- rallies the conservative base and makes NJ competitive New Jersey is not going red anytime soon, even with Christie on the ticket
Kasich- takes OH off the map in all likelyhood really not that popular, he might even hurt him.
Huntsman- moderate New England ticket never hurt the country but wouldn't be strategic Huntsman was Gov. of Utah and was probably the MOST conservative running this year, he just wasn't crazy enough.
Thune- safe pick
Pawlenty- safe pick
Jindal- safe pick
Daniels- safe pick

Fair enough but I think Ohio and most other states would vote for their governor. McDonnell is a very strong candidate and currently governs VA which is huge though. As for Huntsman he has a home in NH which is really all I was meaning. Plus he's also very moderate so I agree that he wouldn't help too much. I just listed any name that came to my mind. Who do you think would be the safest, most strategic, and most energetic? I'm liking this discussion.

They've done polls showing that Kasich and McDonnell wouldn't help. Has there been anything with Ayotte?

Yes but how many voters are actually aware of the running mates. I think a bigger deal is made by the media than what people actually pay attention to. On election day people will vote for the top half of the ticket.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »

Picking Huntsman would be very dangerous for Romney's safety.

agreed I just wanted to name all the names I could think of that would be on the longer list
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies