Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:16:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  We have lost a true Atlas legend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: We have lost a true Atlas legend  (Read 4289 times)
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:17:30 pm »
Ignore

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1287

Note sig.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:08 pm »
Ignore

MARTYR!!!!!111one

You should be happy for him, he got what he wanted.  Hopefully the bigger troll will get what he wants too.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »
Ignore

Holy crap.

Is this permanent?
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:34 am »
Ignore

This is outrageous.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:07 am »
Ignore

A lone buggle can be heard. The Atlas cries tonight.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:24 am »
Ignore

In loving memory. This is awful.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 12:33:01 am »
Ignore

I really don't see why this is a bad thing.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 12:35:01 am »
Ignore

Anyone that "mourns" him and at the same time reported him at any point in the past is a douchebag of the highest order.

edit-obviously...it should go without saying...but I'm saying it anyway

BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:41 am »
Ignore

Anyone that "mourns" him and at the same time reported him at any point in the past is a douchebag of the highest order.

I don't think I ever reported him, and even if I did it's irrelevant because I became a changed person through the power of Christ during his first banning and quite reporting people out of spite and started lobbying for the unbanning of Einzige and Libertas.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 12:47:32 am »
Ignore

No great loss.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 12:50:21 am »
Ignore

I don't think I ever reported him, and even if I did it's irrelevant because I became a changed person through the power of Christ during his first banning and quite reporting people out of spite and started lobbying for the unbanning of Einzige and Libertas.
Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.

BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 01:00:10 am »
Ignore

Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.

dead0man look, of course I've sinned. Just as you've sinned. jmfcst has sinned. All the mods have sinned.

Quote from: Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

The difference is that I will not pretend that I am any better than others like you are. I am admitting my sin and my need for redemption. But the one man who never sinned, Jesus, was tortured and suffered on the cross in unjust persecution even worse than the unjust persecution that just occurred today. And through that we can be redeemed. Like that song that they played last Sunday "On Christ this solid rock I stand! All other ground is sinking sand!"

All of those who spit on and mocked jmfcst and actively took part in his persecution will one day have to stand before God in full knowledge of this, it is good for them that God is far more merciful and forgiving than they are.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 01:39:33 am »
Ignore

Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.

dead0man look, of course I've sinned. Just as you've sinned. jmfcst has sinned. All the mods have sinned.

Quote from: Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

The difference is that I will not pretend that I am any better than others like you are.
But I am better than you, at least on this topic.  I've never reported him or anybody.  I'm no narc.
I am admitting my sin and my need for redemption. But the one man who never sinned, Jesus, was tortured and suffered on the cross in unjust persecution even worse than the unjust persecution that just occurred today.
The fact that you are even comparing the two doesn't shine a good light on your faith, but whatever.
And through that we can be redeemed. Like that song that they played last Sunday "On Christ this solid rock I stand! All other ground is sinking sand!"

All of those who spit on and mocked jmfcst and actively took part in his persecution will one day have to stand before God in full knowledge of this, it is good for them that God is far more merciful and forgiving than they are.
As I said, I never spat on or mocked him (by reporting his posts).  My conscious is very clean on the subject. 

(and by the way, you're getting really close to self parody here)

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 03:24:40 am »
Ignore

He asked me to forward this:

To my friends, which all of you are...

Goodbyes are never easy, and I haven't had to say goodbye very often in my life.  But goodbyes are inevitable.  And this goodbye hurts.

Sorry for the drama of this messy exit, it's all been rather childish of me, but I really need to move on.  I have asked Nym to do his duty.

Thanks for keeping me company, esp during my stay in Boston,  and keep your chins up.  I will miss you, you're a good group.  But it is simply time for me to go.

Love ya,
Jay Frederick

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:18 am »
Ignore

Huh!

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 03:30:23 am »
Ignore

Hasn't he done this before?
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:12 am »
Ignore

Hasn't he done this before?

Got himself banned?  Yeah, but that was only temporary.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
tik (too cool for uppercase)
ComradeCarter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 03:36:02 am »
Ignore

Even though I found his views pretty disagreeable his point of view helped round things out, and will be missed.

Some things I do for money, some things I do for free.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:56 am »
Ignore

His sig now says this:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1287

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:34 am »
Ignore

Wow why?

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 04:19:36 am »
Ignore

For the history books, this was the last infraction that broke the camel's back:

Well I would not infract I suspect, unless in a bad mood, but one little problem is that the question was about kissing, not a request to catalogue the entirety of your portfolio of sex acts, particularly when well, the actors involved are prepubescent. Just a thought. We live in a complex world don't we?

...obviously, there is always at least one Mod in a bad mood.  But, though unsightly, my account was just a kiss, and the poll did have prepuberencent (word?) age categories...so, at the every least, it was a slight case of entrapment.

Now that I am at 98 death points, the calculus has changed and I can't even pass gas...according to my calculations, on May 28th,  8 death points will roll off, taking me potentially down to 90...but then I have to wait until around June 15th for another 16 points to roll off.

Now, seeing that we’re about to enter a long weekend, I probably wont be logged back in until Tuesday, which could allow my total to drop to 90…but the idea that I could survive on an allowance of 10 death points until June 15th is possible, but, however….unlikely.

But..hold on a second...I have put pencil and paper and calculated that if I stay off the following boards until June 15th, I might just survive:

Off Topic
Forum Community
2012 U.S. Presidential Election
The Atlas
Forum Community
U.S. General Discussion
International General Discussion
Off Topic

Which basically means if any of the following events occur in the world between now and June 15th, I’m a goner: war (International General Discussion)…politics (2012 U.S. Presidential Election, U.S. General Discussion)…or more black girls posing for pictures in my living room (Off Topic, Forum Community, The Atlas).

But, I know my oldest daughter is having several of her friends spend the night tonight, so maybe I should just draft my Last Will and Testament and sign off…

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 05:23:05 am »
Ignore

Goodnight, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels carry thee to thy rest

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 05:24:32 am »
Ignore

I don't think he deserved to be banned, but I won't miss him in any way.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 05:32:39 am »
Ignore

I gave up caring either way a while ago, so, meh. Amazing that he lasted as long as he did, actually.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 09:24:31 am »
Ignore

Wow, now I'll have to carry on the Christian mantra.  That's a scary proposition!

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout