We have lost a true Atlas legend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We have lost a true Atlas legend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: We have lost a true Atlas legend  (Read 10959 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1287

Note sig.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:08 PM »

MARTYR!!!!!111one

You should be happy for him, he got what he wanted.  Hopefully the bigger troll will get what he wants too.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »

Holy crap.

Is this permanent?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:34 AM »

This is outrageous.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »

A lone buggle can be heard. The Atlas cries tonight.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »

In loving memory. This is awful.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 12:33:01 AM »

I really don't see why this is a bad thing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »

Anyone that "mourns" him and at the same time reported him at any point in the past is a douchebag of the highest order.

edit-obviously...it should go without saying...but I'm saying it anyway
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:41 AM »

Anyone that "mourns" him and at the same time reported him at any point in the past is a douchebag of the highest order.

I don't think I ever reported him, and even if I did it's irrelevant because I became a changed person through the power of Christ during his first banning and quite reporting people out of spite and started lobbying for the unbanning of Einzige and Libertas.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »

No great loss.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 12:50:21 AM »

I don't think I ever reported him, and even if I did it's irrelevant because I became a changed person through the power of Christ during his first banning and quite reporting people out of spite and started lobbying for the unbanning of Einzige and Libertas.
Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 01:00:10 AM »

Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.

dead0man look, of course I've sinned. Just as you've sinned. jmfcst has sinned. All the mods have sinned.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The difference is that I will not pretend that I am any better than others like you are. I am admitting my sin and my need for redemption. But the one man who never sinned, Jesus, was tortured and suffered on the cross in unjust persecution even worse than the unjust persecution that just occurred today. And through that we can be redeemed. Like that song that they played last Sunday "On Christ this solid rock I stand! All other ground is sinking sand!"

All of those who spit on and mocked jmfcst and actively took part in his persecution will one day have to stand before God in full knowledge of this, it is good for them that God is far more merciful and forgiving than they are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 01:39:33 AM »

Of course you'll say it's irrelevant, you were the one being a douchebag (if you did report him).  You were a douchebag when you were reporting people out of spite and political differences, just like anybody else that does that.  It's good that you've asked Christ for forgiveness and that you've changed, it still doesn't change the fact that you did it.  Just like opebo is still a douchebag for reporting people and then bitching about the reporting system (assuming he still does that).  It's bad to report people out spite/political differences, it's several orders of magnitude worse to do it and then bitch about the system you're abusing.

dead0man look, of course I've sinned. Just as you've sinned. jmfcst has sinned. All the mods have sinned.

Quote from: Restricted

The difference is that I will not pretend that I am any better than others like you are.
But I am better than you, at least on this topic.  I've never reported him or anybody.  I'm no narc.
The fact that you are even comparing the two doesn't shine a good light on your faith, but whatever.
As I said, I never spat on or mocked him (by reporting his posts).  My conscious is very clean on the subject. 

(and by the way, you're getting really close to self parody here)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »

He asked me to forward this:

To my friends, which all of you are...

Goodbyes are never easy, and I haven't had to say goodbye very often in my life.  But goodbyes are inevitable.  And this goodbye hurts.

Sorry for the drama of this messy exit, it's all been rather childish of me, but I really need to move on.  I have asked Nym to do his duty.

Thanks for keeping me company, esp during my stay in Boston,  and keep your chins up.  I will miss you, you're a good group.  But it is simply time for me to go.

Love ya,
Jay Frederick
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:18 AM »

Huh!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 03:30:23 AM »

Hasn't he done this before?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:12 AM »

Got himself banned?  Yeah, but that was only temporary.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »

Even though I found his views pretty disagreeable his point of view helped round things out, and will be missed.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:56 AM »

His sig now says this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1287

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:34 AM »

Wow why?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 04:19:36 AM »

For the history books, this was the last infraction that broke the camel's back:

Well I would not infract I suspect, unless in a bad mood, but one little problem is that the question was about kissing, not a request to catalogue the entirety of your portfolio of sex acts, particularly when well, the actors involved are prepubescent. Just a thought. We live in a complex world don't we?

...obviously, there is always at least one Mod in a bad mood.  But, though unsightly, my account was just a kiss, and the poll did have prepuberencent (word?) age categories...so, at the every least, it was a slight case of entrapment.

Now that I am at 98 death points, the calculus has changed and I can't even pass gas...according to my calculations, on May 28th,  8 death points will roll off, taking me potentially down to 90...but then I have to wait until around June 15th for another 16 points to roll off.

Now, seeing that we’re about to enter a long weekend, I probably wont be logged back in until Tuesday, which could allow my total to drop to 90…but the idea that I could survive on an allowance of 10 death points until June 15th is possible, but, however….unlikely.

But..hold on a second...I have put pencil and paper and calculated that if I stay off the following boards until June 15th, I might just survive:

Off Topic
Forum Community
2012 U.S. Presidential Election
The Atlas
Forum Community
U.S. General Discussion
International General Discussion
Off Topic

Which basically means if any of the following events occur in the world between now and June 15th, I’m a goner: war (International General Discussion)…politics (2012 U.S. Presidential Election, U.S. General Discussion)…or more black girls posing for pictures in my living room (Off Topic, Forum Community, The Atlas).

But, I know my oldest daughter is having several of her friends spend the night tonight, so maybe I should just draft my Last Will and Testament and sign off…

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 05:23:05 AM »

Goodnight, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels carry thee to thy rest
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 05:24:32 AM »

I don't think he deserved to be banned, but I won't miss him in any way.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 05:32:39 AM »

I gave up caring either way a while ago, so, meh. Amazing that he lasted as long as he did, actually.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »

Wow, now I'll have to carry on the Christian mantra.  That's a scary proposition!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies