We have lost a true Atlas legend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We have lost a true Atlas legend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: We have lost a true Atlas legend  (Read 10958 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

Hats off, gentelmen.
The era is gone.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »

I liked Jay and his weird sense of humor, unique point of view and his commitment to his principles. However, on several instances years back he did cross lines and was personally offensive to and abusive of fellow member(s).  I could see why some others are not shedding a tear on his departure.  Tbs, I think this place is a weaker site in his absence. There is a continuing trend of good or at least unique posters leaving and being replaced by what I find to be inferior posters.  You also lose another voice on the right. So the echo chamber gets bigger, and the standard bearers of the conservative  point of view on this site are trolls like Winfield. Sad.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »

He'll be back.

The real tragedy here is that we now have 0 members bathed in prayer to try and knock sense into Bushie.

JCL would beg to differ and why would sense need to be knocked into Bushie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »

Good riddance to fundamentalist garbage.

You have 268 posts and a 2012 registration date. Respect your elders.
Sigged.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »

He'll be back.

The real tragedy here is that we now have 0 members bathed in prayer to try and knock sense into Bushie.

That was actually a concern of mine.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

can we have word on whether a ban has gone through or he is simply on "mute"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »

He'll be back.

JCL would beg to differ and why would sense need to be knocked into Bushie.

I beg your pardon, who says I don't need sense knocked into me?  Some sense has already been knocked in. See the last page of my Update thread for the defining post.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »

can we have word on whether a ban has gone through or he is simply on "mute"?

He has been banned.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »

You don't just ban someone who has been here for a decade. Who cares if he reached a certain number of points within an extremely stupid system? The mods need to do a better job of utilizing discretion based upon the dynamics of the forum and not adhering to inane rigidity when this place clearly transcends such.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »

You don't just ban someone who has been here for a decade. Who cares if he reached a certain number of points within an extremely stupid system? The mods need to do a better job of utilizing discretion based upon the dynamics of the forum and not adhering to inane rigidity when this place clearly transcends such.

Bless this post.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

He met the certain number of posts twice
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »

We've lost a troll; nothing more, nothing less.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2012, 01:34:56 PM by Beet »

Oh, I was going to agree to this, but it seems jmfcst forced the issue himself. It does seem as if he was having to balance between this and his family duties [shrug].
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »

+1
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 07:05:29 PM »

You're talking about someone who has been around for twice as long as you, and when you consider that for close to an entire year after coming here your posting history was around 80% stuff like this...

Discuss with maps.

Clinton/Rendell: 284
McCain/Douglas: 254
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2012, 07:26:39 PM by Torie »

BRTD let's think about this for a moment. In the run up to the last days, I suggested to jmfcst (more than once) that he just calm down, and get over his mod thing. At that point, he was maybe at 75 death points or whatever. You would have thought he got the message. What did he do? Well he went to a Board with a gay moderator, and posted sh*t with the word "homosexual" painted in red (and he himself admitted that it was over the line, or at least accepted the score of death points he got).  That got him to 95 death points. So I ask you this. Given that factual pattern, isn't it the most reasonable surmise that jmfcst wanted to leave, and rather than just going quietly in the night, chose to make himself a drama queen?  

One has a responsibility when here, to try to work with others, and fit in, and respect the rules, and when something goes awry, handle it as an adult. None of that happened here. Sure it is sad and all, and I like jmfcst, I really do, but in the end, his behavior was really narcissistic. It should be a good lesson for all the youngs here to ponder. No matter who you are, it is never all about you, and you won't do well in life, if you don't make reasonable compromises, exercise self restraint, and carefully pick your shots, where you want to make a stand. Rather, you will be more of a crash and burn artist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »

If he really wanted to get himself banned, he could have simply asked outright.  Like that one kid from Colorado or somewhere whose username escapes me right now.  He put up a thread in the Atlas saying "please ban me", and Nym did so.  Very little drama.  But no, jmfcst preferred to troll his way out for several years instead.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:31 AM »

If he really wanted to get himself banned, he could have simply asked outright.  Like that one kid from Colorado or somewhere whose username escapes me right now.  He put up a thread in the Atlas saying "please ban me", and Nym did so.

Svensson.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:23 AM »

While the banning of Jmfcst is truly tragic it makes me wonder how much mourning would be shed for him if he joined in say October of 2011 instead of when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »

You're talking about someone who has been around for twice as long as you, and when you consider that for close to an entire year after coming here your posting history was around 80% stuff like this...

Hmm.  That's not really relevant, BRTD.  J was a troll; his length of tenure here and my past posts do not justify you attacking me, nor do they combine to make him no longer worthy of a ban.  He was a troll, deal with it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »

Among all the bans that have been enacted since I joined, Jmfcst is certainly not the most undeserved.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »

This is a tragedy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 04:52:32 AM »

to take another angle on this, does anyone else wonder exactly what he does all day now?  surely he has returned to read some evidence of the hysteria he left in his wake, but... he would spend countless hours 'trolling', arguing against various walls and rocks about the New Testament, and now... gone!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »

If Jay were a left-wing troll, you'd celebrate his banning right now.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »

to take another angle on this, does anyone else wonder exactly what he does all day now?  surely he has returned to read some evidence of the hysteria he left in his wake, but... he would spend countless hours 'trolling', arguing against various walls and rocks about the New Testament, and now... gone!

Such things don't bear thinking about.  But I can tell you that in my case I play more online chess.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies