Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 04:57:14 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  We have lost a true Atlas legend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: We have lost a true Atlas legend  (Read 3881 times)
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 05:38:33 pm »
Ignore

That's great, Torie. Now I'm imagining all of them crucified along the Appian Way.

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »
Ignore

He'll be back.

The real tragedy here is that we now have 0 members bathed in prayer to try and knock sense into Bushie.

and all is well until the heart betrays
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »
Ignore

Hats off, gentelmen.
The era is gone.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »
Ignore

I liked Jay and his weird sense of humor, unique point of view and his commitment to his principles. However, on several instances years back he did cross lines and was personally offensive to and abusive of fellow member(s).  I could see why some others are not shedding a tear on his departure.  Tbs, I think this place is a weaker site in his absence. There is a continuing trend of good or at least unique posters leaving and being replaced by what I find to be inferior posters.  You also lose another voice on the right. So the echo chamber gets bigger, and the standard bearers of the conservative  point of view on this site are trolls like Winfield. Sad.

JCL and the Geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »
Ignore

He'll be back.

The real tragedy here is that we now have 0 members bathed in prayer to try and knock sense into Bushie.

JCL would beg to differ and why would sense need to be knocked into Bushie.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Carlos May (R/IN-7)
Larry Bucshon (R/IN-8)
Todd Young (R/IN-9)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »
Ignore

Good riddance to fundamentalist garbage.

You have 268 posts and a 2012 registration date. Respect your elders.
Sigged.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2012, 12:11:02 am »
Ignore

He'll be back.

That was actually a concern of mine.

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »
Ignore

can we have word on whether a ban has gone through or he is simply on "mute"?
Lankford for US Senate 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 10:43:12 pm »
Ignore

He'll be back.

JCL would beg to differ and why would sense need to be knocked into Bushie.

I beg your pardon, who says I don't need sense knocked into me?  Some sense has already been knocked in. See the last page of my Update thread for the defining post.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »
Ignore

can we have word on whether a ban has gone through or he is simply on "mute"?

He has been banned.
Boris
boris78
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 12:16:42 pm »
Ignore

You don't just ban someone who has been here for a decade. Who cares if he reached a certain number of points within an extremely stupid system? The mods need to do a better job of utilizing discretion based upon the dynamics of the forum and not adhering to inane rigidity when this place clearly transcends such.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:04 pm »
Ignore

You don't just ban someone who has been here for a decade. Who cares if he reached a certain number of points within an extremely stupid system? The mods need to do a better job of utilizing discretion based upon the dynamics of the forum and not adhering to inane rigidity when this place clearly transcends such.

Bless this post.

afleitch
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 01:00:08 pm »

He met the certain number of posts twice

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 01:09:30 pm »
Ignore

We've lost a troll; nothing more, nothing less.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 01:19:52 pm »
Ignore

Oh, I was going to agree to this, but it seems jmfcst forced the issue himself. It does seem as if he was having to balance between this and his family duties [shrug].
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:34:56 pm by Beet »Logged
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 04:58:37 pm »
Ignore

+1
Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »
Ignore

You're talking about someone who has been around for twice as long as you, and when you consider that for close to an entire year after coming here your posting history was around 80% stuff like this...

Discuss with maps.

Clinton/Rendell: 284
McCain/Douglas: 254

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2012, 07:19:38 pm »
Ignore

BRTD let's think about this for a moment. In the run up to the last days, I suggested to jmfcst (more than once) that he just calm down, and get over his mod thing. At that point, he was maybe at 75 death points or whatever. You would have thought he got the message. What did he do? Well he went to a Board with a gay moderator, and posted sh*t with the word "homosexual" painted in red (and he himself admitted that it was over the line, or at least accepted the score of death points he got).  That got him to 95 death points. So I ask you this. Given that factual pattern, isn't it the most reasonable surmise that jmfcst wanted to leave, and rather than just going quietly in the night, chose to make himself a drama queen?  

One has a responsibility when here, to try to work with others, and fit in, and respect the rules, and when something goes awry, handle it as an adult. None of that happened here. Sure it is sad and all, and I like jmfcst, I really do, but in the end, his behavior was really narcissistic. It should be a good lesson for all the youngs here to ponder. No matter who you are, it is never all about you, and you won't do well in life, if you don't make reasonable compromises, exercise self restraint, and carefully pick your shots, where you want to make a stand. Rather, you will be more of a crash and burn artist.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:26:39 pm by Torie »Logged
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »
Ignore

If he really wanted to get himself banned, he could have simply asked outright.  Like that one kid from Colorado or somewhere whose username escapes me right now.  He put up a thread in the Atlas saying "please ban me", and Nym did so.  Very little drama.  But no, jmfcst preferred to troll his way out for several years instead.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:31 am »
Ignore

If he really wanted to get himself banned, he could have simply asked outright.  Like that one kid from Colorado or somewhere whose username escapes me right now.  He put up a thread in the Atlas saying "please ban me", and Nym did so.

Svensson.

Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:23 am »
Ignore

While the banning of Jmfcst is truly tragic it makes me wonder how much mourning would be shed for him if he joined in say October of 2011 instead of when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:47 am »
Ignore

You're talking about someone who has been around for twice as long as you, and when you consider that for close to an entire year after coming here your posting history was around 80% stuff like this...

Hmm.  That's not really relevant, BRTD.  J was a troll; his length of tenure here and my past posts do not justify you attacking me, nor do they combine to make him no longer worthy of a ban.  He was a troll, deal with it.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 12:08:10 pm »
Ignore

Among all the bans that have been enacted since I joined, Jmfcst is certainly not the most undeserved.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »
Ignore

This is a tragedy.

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 04:52:32 am »
Ignore

to take another angle on this, does anyone else wonder exactly what he does all day now?  surely he has returned to read some evidence of the hysteria he left in his wake, but... he would spend countless hours 'trolling', arguing against various walls and rocks about the New Testament, and now... gone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout