We have lost a true Atlas legend (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:23:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We have lost a true Atlas legend (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We have lost a true Atlas legend  (Read 11096 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 26, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »
« edited: May 26, 2012, 10:04:29 AM by Torie »

For the history books, this was the last infraction that broke the camel's back:

I don't see what's infractable there, but such things have come to be expected around here...

..if this is really it, which I find very hard to believe (jmf being one of the select few members who was here when I got here and remains(ed?)), I suppose it is time for that certain Green Day song.

I don't either really, but as the camel back breaking post discloses, planning on only trimming your sails when you pass 95 death points, is sort of like that Italian boat captain who liked to take his cruise ship close in to the harbor to show off to whomever he planned to bed that night. Except here, it seems per jmfcst's fond farewell notes, that in his case, it was done rather deliberately. We have quite an array of posters on the books now who chose to leave not with a whimper, but with a bang.

I do regret that I apparently was the unintentional siren who finally seduced him into crossing over the River Styx. I wish I had not made that post. Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »

He was entertaining, but I don't really care. Though it's amazingly difficult to understand conversations with so many R-TX avatars floating around.

You remember that scene in Spartacus don't you, where the real one stood up when the Romans asked who was Spartacus, and as he stood up, the men on either side did too, and said "I'm Spartacus" in unison with Kirk Douglas, and then his entire company stood up and did the same thing. Here of course, we have more than one company in residence. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2012, 07:26:39 PM by Torie »

BRTD let's think about this for a moment. In the run up to the last days, I suggested to jmfcst (more than once) that he just calm down, and get over his mod thing. At that point, he was maybe at 75 death points or whatever. You would have thought he got the message. What did he do? Well he went to a Board with a gay moderator, and posted sh*t with the word "homosexual" painted in red (and he himself admitted that it was over the line, or at least accepted the score of death points he got).  That got him to 95 death points. So I ask you this. Given that factual pattern, isn't it the most reasonable surmise that jmfcst wanted to leave, and rather than just going quietly in the night, chose to make himself a drama queen?  

One has a responsibility when here, to try to work with others, and fit in, and respect the rules, and when something goes awry, handle it as an adult. None of that happened here. Sure it is sad and all, and I like jmfcst, I really do, but in the end, his behavior was really narcissistic. It should be a good lesson for all the youngs here to ponder. No matter who you are, it is never all about you, and you won't do well in life, if you don't make reasonable compromises, exercise self restraint, and carefully pick your shots, where you want to make a stand. Rather, you will be more of a crash and burn artist.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »

I was gone for several years. What are "death points"?

Annoyingly popular user nickname for infraction points, which one accumulates when one makes an infracted post.

Don't take it personally.  I do it because "death" has fewer letters in it than "infraction," and the key work is easier. Honest! Try the "ract" key sequence involving three different fingers if you don't believe me. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies