Opinion of jmcfst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmcfst
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of jmcfst
FF

HP

RIP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Opinion of jmcfst  (Read 1863 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

Might as well.....
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »

Great guy- I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to interact with him more on the board
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

I voted HP, FWIW.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »

Jesus may forgive you, but jmfcts will not. Amen.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

jmcfst?  HP.

jmfcst, on the other hand, was a decent guy, but couldn't stay on the forum anymore.  This was his decision as much as ours, and, yes, I will in fact miss him somewhat on the Religion and Philosophy board.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »

RIP, FF.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »

I ask Dave to reinstate him ASAP
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »

In real life he may well be a halfway decent person to his friends and family, but on this forum he's typically been an arrogant jerk to a lot of people. He treated people who disagree with him on pretty much any issue with utter disdain, and if you happened to be gay he'd make some rather snide comments or jokes about your sexuality. He never seemed to understand the notion that even if you don't respect someone's opinion that doesn't necessarily mean you have be disrespectful to the person.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 02:12:30 AM »

He was a bigot. But he was OUR bigot.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »

If anyone has ever deserved to be banned, it was him, though I fully expect a return at some point under the "he's an old member, so be gentle with him" clause. I really see no reason to mourn over the decision.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 02:17:12 AM »

Exactly but I think most of what he was saying was only half serious in the first place. Not an excuse but at least he was self-aware.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 02:33:44 AM »

Was he banned? I haven't been following.

If he was the more left-wing members of this forum have said far more egregious things and have faced little overall punishment in comparison to anything Jmcfst could have said. Which could go to show the double-standards and bullying of Republican members that occurs on the Atlas Forum.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 02:34:56 AM »

If anyone has ever deserved to be banned, it was him, though I fully expect a return at some point under the "he's an old member, so be gentle with him" clause. I really see no reason to mourn over the decision.

No permabanned member has ever been allowed back.  Jmfcst would not be an exception.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 02:35:56 AM »

jmcfst?  HP.

jmfcst, on the other hand, was a decent guy, but couldn't stay on the forum anymore.  This was his decision as much as ours, and, yes, I will in fact miss him somewhat on the Religion and Philosophy board.

That is a very right wing way of looking at the world, The Mikado.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 02:46:11 AM »

This is true, but there are far more extreme bigots(Pingvin, NYJew) that come to mind, and should be permabanned. Pingvin even wants all brown people to die/be enslaved.  I think it's that he was our only true good-ole-boy evangelical stereotypical southerner that was a goldmine for awesome quotes.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »

No permabanned member has ever been allowed back.  Jmfcst would not be an exception.

Ahem.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »

If he was the more left-wing members of this forum have said far more egregious things and have faced little overall punishment in comparison to anything Jmcfst could have said. Which could go to show the double-standards and bullying of Republican members that occurs on the Atlas Forum.

You really see an anti-Republican conspiracy in everything. Kind of like Evangelicals that are convinced they are being persecuted.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 10:17:40 AM by Torie »

You really see an anti-Republican conspiracy in everything. Kind of like Evangelicals that are convinced they are being persecuted.

One problem with Kevin's thesis, is that jmfcst probably got the bulk of his death points from blue avatar mods. His response no doubt is that they are RINO's, but while I suppose a case could be made as to that with respect to Mr. Moderate (and yes, this forum probably has more "wet" blue avatars than red ones, at least when it comes to the percentages), when it comes to Inks, I don't think that dog will hunt. Meanwhile we have a few hard right blue avatars (one of whom rather continually irritates me, and no, I won't say who, and no, it isn't whom one might think), who don't seem to have death point problems.  
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

One problem with Kevin's thesis, is that jmfcst probably got the bulk of his death points from blue avatar mods. His response no doubt is that they are RINO's, but while I suppose a case could be made as to that with respect to Mr. Moderate (and yes, this forum probably has more "wet" blue avatars than red ones, at least when it comes to the percentages), when it comes to Inks, I don't think that dog will hunt. Meanwhile we have a few hard right blue avatars (one of whom rather continually irritates me, and no, I won't say who, and no, it isn't whom one might think), who don't seem to have death point problems.  

I hope it isn't me.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

Or like a certain individual who believes there's a conspiracy of anti-Israel anti-Semite communazis who want to see him dead...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »

I hope it isn't me.

As the irritating one?  You, the personification of "inoffensiveness?"  LOL.  Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

Overall, FF.  My ban vote was certainly a reluctant one.  But he left me no choice.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »

Like I've said in IRC, the last couple days I have felt the same as I have when a family member has died.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

Overall, FF.  My ban vote was certainly a reluctant one.  But he left me no choice.

You guys vote to ban?  I was under the assumption that it was solely Mikado's decision. Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »

So I just got back from church (I wanted to sleep in today so I didn't go to my normal one, I went to a different sort of hipster/emergent one that meets in the afternoon) and I realized in the talk about God's new creation that even if he never makes any socks I WILL see jmfcst again. He will be there in the new creation, along with all of us from the forum, and perhaps we will have our own sort of equivalent to the forum that we will be in at one point, like the last season of LOST. And Straha will be there too, and so will all ex-forumites, even the ones we could not stand. This forum will in a sense exist forever.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies