Opinion of jmcfst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmcfst
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of jmcfst
FF

HP

RIP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Opinion of jmcfst  (Read 1818 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »

Overall, FF.  My ban vote was certainly a reluctant one.  But he left me no choice.

You guys vote to ban?  I was under the assumption that it was solely Mikado's decision. Tongue

His banning was already a done deal.  Pushing him over 100 points just accelerated the process.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »

So I just got back from church (I wanted to sleep in today so I didn't go to my normal one, I went to a different sort of hipster/emergent one that meets in the afternoon) and I realized in the talk about God's new creation that even if he never makes any socks I WILL see jmfcst again. He will be there in the new creation, along with all of us from the forum, and perhaps we will have our own sort of equivalent to the forum that we will be in at one point, like the last season of LOST. And Straha will be there too, and so will all ex-forumites, even the ones we could not stand. This forum will in a sense exist forever.

You know, in as much as you believe in the Resurrection BRTD, now more up close and personal than ever, look at the positive side of this all. You sir are making excellent progress in effecting jmfcst's return via your own body. He will return, and we may not have that long to wait. I don't know which BRTD I prefer. The butterfly replacing the caterpillar, is certainly nicer and all, but perhaps caterpillars have more of an edge, and arrest/enrage/stimulate  the mind a bit more, warts, lots of warts, and all. Butterflies just fly in one direction to the pollen, even if easier on the eye.

When will you be moving to the suburbs BRTD? Tongue
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 08:08:18 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 08:10:03 PM by only dumbs care, jmfcst »

So Torie, how do you think I'll be voting on gay marriage in a little more than 5 months?

Also jmfcst's theology was quite different from "New Creation".
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »

Overall, FF.  My ban vote was certainly a reluctant one.  But he left me no choice.

You guys vote to ban?  I was under the assumption that it was solely Mikado's decision. Tongue

His banning was already a done deal.  Pushing him over 100 points just accelerated the process.

Your "vote" in other words, was infracting that post of his responding to my siren song. Why didn't you boys arrange to the most popular mod to fall on his sword and effect the coup de grace (mixed metaphor there I know, but I like it)?  Who is the most popular mod?  It certainly does not appear to be you at the moment. Tongue

I am not sure what the "done deal" means. He was going to go over 100 death points, even if post 98 death points, he was born again, and suddenly combined the best qualities of Einstein, Christ, and Bagehot (you can look up the last one), with the writing skills of Twain, and the map making skills of one of our own who did that fabulous ear muffs map? Are you a Calvinist? Or is this death point thing a Potemkin Village? Or should I just STFU?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »

So Torie, how do you think I'll be voting on gay marriage in a little more than 5 months?

Also jmfcst's theology was quite different from "New Creation".

That seems to be a reasonable time table. Smiley  Just kidding, but you have to admit, my jive has a certain verisimilitude - right? Smiley
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 08:20:36 PM by only dumbs care, jmfcst »

I suppose an interesting question is if I sit closer to jmfcst or Nathan on a hypothetical "Christianity" compass with one axis for liberal/conservative and another axis for high/low church.

Mind you jmfcst might consider our heavy use of art pieces in worship (made by members of the church) tonight as idolatry, think a hipster version of all those people praying at those statues of Mary in really Catholic countries.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »

Your "vote" in other words, was infracting that post of his responding to my siren song. Why didn't you boys arrange to the most popular mod to fall on his sword and effect the coup de grace (mixed metaphor there I know, but I like it)?  Who is the most popular mod?  It certainly does not appear to be you at the moment. Tongue

I am not sure what the "done deal" means. He was going to go over 100 death points, even if post 98 death points, he was born again, and suddenly combined the best qualities of Einstein, Christ, and Bagehot (you can look up the last one), with the writing skills of Twain, and the map making skills of one of our own who did that fabulous ear muffs map? Are you a Calvinist? Or is this death point thing a Potemkin Village? Or should I just STFU?  Smiley

No, we had a proper vote, with tallies and arguments, and everything, to ban him whether he went over 100 or not.  Pushing him over 100 points and muting him sped up the enacting of the sentence.

As for the most popular mod...Mr Morden, perhaps?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »

So irrespective of the death point count, there is residual power to just "do it?"  I am not saying I disagree as to the process, but maybe that message should get out for the gamers.  What do you think of my three strikes idea?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies