what type of legislator is your congresscritter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:30:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  what type of legislator is your congresscritter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what type of legislator is your congresscritter?  (Read 6064 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 27, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

Well, I live in Utah's 3rd congressional district, but where I live has become part of the new 4th district, so I'll do both, along with the Senators.

Jason Chaffetz (UT-03): Very much an advertiser, he's a wunderkind of the Tea Party and loves to proclaim his conservative values. He's also an arrogant, preening fool in my opinion.

The two 4th district candidates are Jim Matheson and Mia Love, a Democrat and Republican respectively.

Jim Matheson: He's a mix between back-bencher and lawmaker. He hasn't actually done a lot of lawmaking, but he likes to be considered a key vote for either side. Still, he's also a conservative Utah Democrat that only hangs on by the skin of his teeth, and has no real opportunity for advancement, so he's definitely a guy who's just hanging around. He also likes to preen and proclaim his "independent" nature (read; a Democrat that votes like a Republican).

Mia Love: Even more than Chaffetz, she's an advertiser; she's running as the (black, Mormon, Republican) woman who can finally take down Jim Matheson, and who will be a Tea Party foot soldier. Unlike Chaffetz and Matheson, she seems to be somewhat humble, but she's still very much a Tea Partier and thus I do not support her.

Senator Orrin Hatch: Lawmaker with the faded aura of an advertiser. He used to be the conservative firebrand, then he became the respected elder statesman that cuts deals, and now he's trying to be a firebrand again.

Senator Mike Lee: Advertiser to the core. He's authored no successful legislation, he voted against the debt ceiling, and he's spent much of his time filibustering and blocking President Obama's nominees for various offices, even though he admits that those candidates are otherwise qualified. He only wants to block them because they're Obama nominees. He's also a preening arrogant fool, like Chaffetz.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies