Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 07:33:19 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Economics (Moderator: ag)
| | |-+  'Global banks are the financial services wing of the drug cartels'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'Global banks are the financial services wing of the drug cartels'  (Read 256 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »
Ignore

Comment piece on the role of the 'World's Local Bank' in financing some totally legit Mexican businessmen.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Velasco
andi
YaBB God
Western Sahara

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:05:53 pm »
Ignore

Very interesting. I realise how charming are HSBC, Wachowia or Barclays. Quoting Martin Woods:

"These are the proceeds of murder and misery in Mexico, and of drugs sold around the world. But no one goes to jail. What does the settlement do to fight the cartels? Nothing. It encourages the cartels and anyone who wants to make money by laundering their blood dollars."

What can do honest officials in fighting this? Nothing. What can do politicians about the regulation of the financial markets and activities? Simply, there's no willing of doing such things. Steal a lot and you'll reach heaven on earth.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:08:01 pm by Gobernador Velasco »Logged

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:44:44 pm »
Ignore

Well it is nice to know they at least do some good.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
Ignore

Until last week I always thought the connections between major international banks and international organized crime was one of those things everyone knew about while simultaneously being something that nobody knew about. Perhaps I overestimated the knowledge of the powers that be.

Keith R Laws ‏@Keith_Laws  Feb 4
As I have noted before 'paradigm shift' is an anagram of 'grasp dim faith'
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »
Ignore

Until last week I always thought the connections between major international banks and international organized crime was one of those things everyone knew about while simultaneously being something that nobody knew about. Perhaps I overestimated the knowledge of the powers that be.

More evidence for the essential accuracy of assuming cock up over conspiracy unless there's evidence to the contrary.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout