Homebuilders are busy once again in Las Vegas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Homebuilders are busy once again in Las Vegas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Homebuilders are busy once again in Las Vegas  (Read 3331 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Conceivably, desalinization might play an indirect role in providing Las Vegas the water it wants.  It might be practical to pipe desalinized water to the Imperial Valley in place of the Colorado River water that now goes there and then have other users take more water further up the Colorado.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »

But why would California build expensive desalinization plants when we can get water from the Colorado already? Unless Nevada and other Colorado river states chipped in, I don't think California will be reducing the amount it takes from the Colorado.

Agreed, but the scheme I laid out could conceivably be the least expensive scheme for the upstream users to get more water.

Also California may need to do that anyway.  The Colorado is horrendously overdrawn already.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

This is not good.

A) Which sicko wants to live in a desert ?

B) Aren't they running out of water there at some point in the next few years if this growth continues ?

A) Me.  I'd love to live there.  LOW humidity and sitting by the pool at 90 degrees with a 5% humidity is awesome.

You can have humidity that low?  As a resident of South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District, I say that "You Lie!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies