Attention Mideast citizens.
These amendments have passed the Mideast Assembly. Please vote AYE, NAY or abstain on each of the two amendments. Voting begins immediately and ends in exactly 72 hours.Amendment 1
The Amendment to Article III of the Mideast Constitution is amended to read:Amendment 2
The following shall be added to Article III of the Mideast Constitution:
Section 6: Senate Vacancy
1. If a vacancy shall occur in the Mideast Regional Senate Seat more than 21 days before the next regularly scheduled election for that Seat, the Governor of the Mideast shall nominate a candidate to serve the remainder of the Term.
2. Upon the Governor making his appointment, the Speaker of the Mideast Assembly shall open a thread within 72 hours of the time of the appointment, henceforth referred to in this Bill as the Mideast Assembly Appointment Thread, in the Regional Governments subforum, in which the Governor's Nominee shall be debated, and ultimately voted upon, by the Assembly.
3. All other regulations which apply to a regular Bill under consideration by the Mideast Assembly shall apply to the Mideast Senate Appointment Thread.
4. A final vote must be called in the Mideast Senate Appointment Thread within 96 hours of the thread being opened.
An Amendment of Article 1, Section 4, Clause 2 of the Constiution
Article 1, Section 4, Clause 2 of the constitution is amended to read:
2. If appropriate action is not taken within 60 days of the passage of said legislation or occurrence, the Speaker of the Assembly shall become acting Governor and assume all responsibilities of the Governor until such time as the Governor has fulfilled the first clause of this section.