MustCrushCapitalism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  MustCrushCapitalism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MustCrushCapitalism  (Read 2943 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 27, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »

So I'm imagining there aren't many Marxists here?

I accept and work from a Marxist critique in several areas, such as alienation of labor, and I'm more than willing to accept the term Marxist to refer to elements of my general outlook, but my preferred policy prescriptions are somewhat...well, they're more Ruskin and Morris than Lenin and Trotsky. I imagine I'm some flavor of vile revisionist by the standards of most Marxists.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

Probably just blowback from the Jmfcst incident.
Jmfcst incident?

You make this forum seem incredibly dramatic. Tongue

It can be. jmfcst (sic) was a very long-standing, very controversial but more loved than hated right-wing member from Texas who was notable chiefly for his firm devotion to conservative Evangelical Christianity, his unusually and sometimes maddeningly high degree of intellectual seriousness about said devotion, and his mostly pretty good sense of humor. He was banned very recently after spending a very long time trolling just enough not to get banned; apparently he felt that it was time.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

No kidding. Be glad you arrived so soon after his deportation - he probably would have tried to burn you as a heretic.

It's usually easier to debate with religious conservatives than libertarians and liberals.

First, I'd be interested to hear why you think this.

Second, it was actually a lot harder than you'd think to debate jmfcst, mainly because the internal (emphasis on internal) coherence of his worldview was absolutely merciless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies