Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion)  (Read 2385 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 27, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »

Foetuses are comparable to tapeworms in terms of their nature. I could honestly care less if they're aborted or not, until they're actually born.
Are you being hyperbolic or are you actually that ill-informed?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »

I consider myself to be atypical on the abortion issue myself.  I have no strong opinion as to when the line should be drawn (i.e., at this stage of development abortion should be legal but at the next stage it should not be legal) but I am strongly opposed to the exceptions for rape and incest that some favor. To me the central question in the abortion issue is "Are we talking about a human life yet?" If we are, then abortion should generally be illegal save where the physical health of the mother is at stake and if we aren't, then the state should butt out. However, the fact that the physiological father of the child is a reprehensible criminal does not affect whether a human life is what is being considered.
I don't think you understand what its doing to a woman having to carry her rapists child. This is an extreme cruelty towards the victim of a violent crime and has severe mental consequences. Its basically a choice between ruining one humans life or destroying another life. In this context its fair and reasonable to choose the individual that's already born over the fetus.

In short: Giving birth to a child conceived by rape and/or incest very much affects the mother mental health, and why should that be any less important than her physical health? The consequences can certainly be just as severe.
That's a bit extreme, isn't it?   

What do people base this assumption on that abortion is always less psychologically harmful than giving birth in these cases?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies