Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else feel this way? (Abortion)  (Read 2393 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« on: May 27, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »

Yeah, I'm back.

I support the legal right to an abortion, of course.  But I'm a bit different from most other people who support abortion rights -- because, I don't really have much of a moral opposition to abortion.  I don't really give a [Inks] if people just abort because they don't want babby.

In fact, I think that the social...ideas about fetuses and abortion should be changed, to make it less of a serious issue.  It'd be a win-win -- no more women sinking into depression because even pro-choice people made them feel like they killed a person, and no more 16 and Pregnant.

I was wondering -- does anyone else feel this way, at least in terms of not really giving a crap about fetuses?

Now...

I do have some moral qualms.  Like sex-selective abortion done for blatantly misogynous (or misandronous) reasons, or aborting fetuses that have disorders that aren't debilitating but just make people kind of abnormal (like Asperger's).  But that's about it.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm back.

I support the legal right to an abortion, of course.  But I'm a bit different from most other people who support abortion rights -- because, I don't really have much of a moral opposition to abortion.  I don't really give a [Inks] if people just abort because they don't want babby.

In fact, I think that the social...ideas about fetuses and abortion should be changed, to make it less of a serious issue.  It'd be a win-win -- no more women sinking into depression because even pro-choice people made them feel like they killed a person, and no more 16 and Pregnant.

I was wondering -- does anyone else feel this way, at least in terms of not really giving a crap about fetuses?

Now...

I do have some moral qualms.  Like sex-selective abortion done for blatantly misogynous (or misandronous) reasons, or aborting fetuses that have disorders that aren't debilitating but just make people kind of abnormal (like Asperger's).  But that's about it.

Whats your reasoning for opposing these? I would think opposition to these kinds of abortion would depend on those same ideas about fetuses that you want to get rid of.

I honestly have no idea.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »

I guess you could call me pro-abortion in a way.

When my cousin got knocked up at like 16, I thought GET AN ABORTION YOU MORON, but I didn't dare pipe up, lest everyone look at me like I'm such a bastard.  She's from Bakersfield anyways, meaning she's all Christiany despite her whole family being addicted to crystal meth.

But really, it wasn't so much "get an abortion you moron" as much as it was "maybe she should get an abortion so she can enjoy her life a little bit."  Well...I would have framed it that way anyways.

Kid died anyways.  She's probably screwed up for life, and then she'll have other kids who she's going to pass on her screwed-up-ness to, like how my mother passed on her screwed-up-ness to me.  At least I shall do the humane thing and never reproduce.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

No, that's pretty sick.

Isn't that contradictory? If the fetus is not worth anything (or, at least, not worth legal protection), why should you care any differently based on the circumstances (disorders)? I mean, it's just a fetus.

I don't know.

I just find it really annoying when parents stress out over making sure they have "normal" offspring, to the point that they would abort a high-functioning autistic or possibly-psychopathic fetus (assuming we develop a way to find this pre-natally) or have "designer babies" that are specifically designed to be normal without any of these disorders.  I don't really give a darn though, if it's being aborted for any other reason and it happens to have these disorders.  It's not like "oooh save the non-neurotypical fetuses."  So it's less about the fetus and more about the stupid parents and their stupid mindset.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies